Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

Ardal is the star this time.
He's hilariously shite at most things, but also smart enough to lay into everyone else about how shite they are

The guests are alright, there is always a couple that you know aren’t going to win it straight from the off, Ardal is on of them. Maybe not during the tasks at the time, but it has dawned on him very quickly that he’s not winning it. He does approach each task with enthusiasm and i like contestants that even if they are shit, they give it a go.

The guests are alright, there is always a couple that you know aren’t going to win it straight from the off, Ardal is on of them. Maybe not during the tasks at the time, but it has dawned on him very quickly that he’s not winning it. He does approach each task with enthusiasm and i like contestants that even if they are shit, they give it a go.
Yeah, these contestants are always much more fun than the likes of Ed Gamble or Richard Herring, who were so obviously playing to win and took the whole thing much too seriously.

Yeah, these contestants are always much more fun than the likes of Ed Gamble or Richard Herring, who were so obviously playing to win and took the whole thing much too seriously.

I won’t lie. I was disappointed that Richard herring won his series. Daisy may cooper was great in that series and she deserved it more than him. Johhny vegas was the “Ardal” character in that series and he tried, he was shite, but he was entertaining. I watched the balloon/egg video back tonight and him just screaming “no” at the roof is still hilarious. Hadn’t heard of Mawaan before that series, but really liked him. The cow disappearance trick was really well done.

I won’t lie. I was disappointed that Richard herring won his series. Daisy may cooper was great in that series and she deserved it more than him. Johhny vegas was the “Ardal” character in that series and he tried, he was shite, but he was entertaining. I watched the balloon/egg video back tonight and him just screaming “no” at the roof is still hilarious. Hadn’t heard of Mawaan before that series, but really liked him. The cow disappearance trick was really well done.
Yeah, Daisy May Cooper was great. I love Johnny Vegas, he was always going to be brilliant entertainment but he was never going to have a chance at winning (see also: Mike Wozniak)

Shocked to discover that I found Judi a bit more bearable this week, or maybe just less annoying. Ardal's constant sniping at everyone else's effort is still glorious.

On 06/05/2022 at 22:41, MSU said:

Shocked to discover that I found Judi a bit more bearable this week, or maybe just less annoying. 

I tend to find the format wins out in the end. Comedians I don't find funny to begin with, I will usually come round to enjoying by the end of the series. You could probably randomly select five people from the street and the show would still be fairly entertaining.

Judi's been growing on me as the series goes on. Her willingness to argue and defend total dross with a straight face is amusing, particularly as Greg finds it hilarious but refuses to be suckered in by it. Did think she let herself down throwing the wheel a 2nd time in the live task though, even Alex sounded unimpressed.

I don't know if it's just me but Sophie's still yet to properly shine on the show. Ardal, Bridget and Judi are particularly strong in the studio and she's not getting as much attention there as a result. That said, her genuine irritation in the shoe task was pretty funny.

That was the best episode this series so far for me. Thought Sophie finally got a bit more attention this time round, particularly enjoyed her actively laughing at Judi as it dawned on her what they were meant to be doing in the high five task.

Bridget's quickly becoming my favourite this series - the shot of her collapsed on the drive with a bin bag between her legs whilst twatting a frying pan is classic Taskmaster. Also, between his reaction in the shoe task last week and the way he answered Bridget when she tried to go back into the dome in the phone call task, it seems she may have genuinely irritated Alex on quite a few tasks. Quite an achievement considering how much he's endured eith no reaction from other contestants over the years.

The “key” task was one of them, where you know instantly there will be a second part to it. If you were a contestant and had seen the show before going on, you would immediately think you would have to be the one to retrieve it. The problem comes when you could end up overthinking it, because you may think that will lose points for putting it in an easy to reach place, which ended up not being the case.

That was a belter of an episode.  Chris and Ardal are excellent as is Sophie.  Not a fan of Bridget or Judi to be honest. 

Absolutely loved the split task with the keys.  As well as the high five task.  It's been a good series so far.

Just now, The Minertaur said:

Not a fan of Bridget or Judi to be honest. 

Judi's boring at the tasks but her attempts to blag points by bigging up her failures on the prize task are a good laugh and she does a good deadpan stare that still cracks Greg up when she does it.

In another universe she mighta been a good Taskmaster herself.

19 hours ago, buchan30 said:

The “key” task was one of them, where you know instantly there will be a second part to it. If you were a contestant and had seen the show before going on, you would immediately think you would have to be the one to retrieve it. The problem comes when you could end up overthinking it, because you may think that will lose points for putting it in an easy to reach place, which ended up not being the case.

Clearly none of them have seen it before if they didn't twig that a task about raising the water in a fish tank that had a statue of Archimedes next to it might have a cheat way of winning.