The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

51 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Trump would be ahead in the polls if he'd taken more advice from his fans. You bunch of soccer-loving, lesbo witches.

Maybe football matches are a different thing in America.  I have been to a few matches here where a bit of witchcraft might have livened things up.  Who do I speak to?

17 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Trump has made his Scottish football allegiances clear: 

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond - Page 178 -  Scottish League 1 General Chatter - The Pie Shop

Turns oot, I've always liked him!  

I can't believe there is anyone who has a bad word about Donny-boy.

He was a regular at the Plough in Culter, I'm sure he wis!

mhak Culter Ace!

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

22 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Maybe football matches are a different thing in America.  I have been to a few matches here where a bit of witchcraft might have livened things up.  Who do I speak to?

They’re very family friendly and they do that shitey ‘we believe that we will win’ chant. You can sit and get pished in the stands tho. 

57 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

...I then pulled the pin of the grenade by adding that if she thought that way now what was she going to think when AOC wins the big job further down the line.

I think it was at that point her computer melted 😂

Working the phrase "liberation of Saigon" into a conversation is a good way to really wind up Americans that are getting on your nerves a wee bit.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Working the phrase "liberation of Saigon" into a conversation is a good way to really wind up Americans that are getting on your nerves a wee bit.

Someone photoshop the last helicopter leaving the Whitehouse for Mar-e-Lago please.

Interesting juxtaposition of stories on 538's live update page.

Why The Republican Party Chose To Be So White 
One thing you might have noticed during this presidential campaign is how Trump has spoken to “suburban women” in language along these lines: “The suburban voter, the suburban housewife … they want security and they want safety … they don’t want to have their American dream fulfilled and then have a low-income housing process [sic] built right next to their house or in the neighborhood.”

It’s a pretty clear anti-Black dog whistle on Trump’s part; it’s also pretty clear that he thinks the way to appeal to white women in the suburbs is through race-baiting language. The strategy doesn’t match with the ideological proclivities of that particular demographic group in 2020 — college-educated voters have grown more liberal on race issues and white women in the suburbs are a Democratic-leaning group these days — Trump’s clumsy appeals are rooted in history.

The Republican Party has for decades made the choice to pursue the votes of white people at the expense of those in other racial groups. I wrote about this decades-long strategy in detail this summer. Trump’s misguided attempts to talk to suburban women are framed clearly within the electoral playbook that has dominated the GOP for much of his lifetime. While the Black vote was evenly split between the Democratic and Republican Party in 1942, by 1980, Republican Ronald Reagan would win only 42 percent of the Black vote.

What happened in the interim was that indifference on the part of Republican Party when it came to Black voters — Republicans coasted for decades on Black voters’ affinity for the party of Abraham Lincoln — turned into outright animosity with the onset of the Civil Rights movement and the shift of Southern Democrats into the Republican Party. Pitting racial and ethnic groups against each other in Northern cities as well as in the South proved to be a winning electoral strategy for the GOP.

But in 2020, the GOP could be heading for a real reckoning. Polls consistently show that most Americans think Trump is racist. That’s not a great place for the head of a political party to be, especially since white people will no longer be a majority in the country in a couple decades. No matter the outcome of 2020, I think the next few years could prove a turning point for the party.

Trump Has Lost Support Among White Voters
If Trump loses re-election, one of the main reasons why will be because he lost support compared to 2016 among white voters. Back in mid-October, we compared pre-election polling from Democracy Fund + UCLA Nationscape to 2016 data from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study to see how different demographic groups were shifting.

Among the takeaways was Trump’s reduced support among white voters, who will make up around 7 in 10 voters in this election. Whereas Trump won white voters by double digits in 2016, it appears his margin could be halved, mainly because Biden is attracting more support from white women and white voters without a four-year college degree than Hillary Clinton did four years ago.

At the same time, it looks like Trump may have improved his standing among voters of color. For instance, his support has gone up a bit among Black voters, mainly younger Black voters and Black men, as has his backing among Hispanic voters, including those with a college degree. While Trump will likely lose badly among voters of color, a slight uptick in GOP support with those groups could be important if Trump also does better among white voters than pre-election polling has suggested.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Donald Trump played fitba in college and has been reported to have seriously thought about buying Rangers at one point. Worth bearing in mind he is half-Scottish given his mother was from Lewis, so there is a good chance he has Rangers supporting relatives. His son Barron speaks fluent Slovene for obvious reasons, supports Arsenal and plays for a DC United academy team. Trump and his family have very little in common culturally with the Alex Jones listeners who tend to vote for him.

I wasn't being entirely serious...  Trump has very little in common with most people, even the KKK rednecks whipped up into voting/ fighting for him. Trump is out for Trump and it's worse now that his brain appears to be disintegrating.

Yes, he's as multicultural as many people are. His mother was a native Gàidhlig speaker but I'm not sure where you get the Rangers bit from.  The Western Isles and even the once Presbyterian stronghold of Lewis are pretty much split on the Old Firm.

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What do you think about the prospect of a Catholic winning? Ecumenical? At least it's not a pussy grabbing hoor or a muslim? 

To be honest, I'm not sure whether the Pope's legitimately Catholic anymore, let alone Biden.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Do you think Jesus would vote for Trump then?

Definitely not. I don't think Jesus would vote at all.

I don't vote anymore. How can I? Our politicians are ambassadors for the arms industry. They're all lying, deceitful, corrupt charlatans. It's fun to watch the world unravel, though. I think we're in the beginning of the End Times, and if I'm right, we're going to see unprecedented catastrophes, famine, great fires and a hellish war that eclipses anything before it. Interesting times, and I think tomorrow might precipitate great civil unrest. 🍿 :)

3 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

I don't vote anymore. How can I? Our politicians are ambassadors for the arms industry. They're all lying, deceitful, corrupt charlatans. It's fun to watch the world unravel, though. I think we're in the beginning of the End Times, and if I'm right, we're going to see unprecedented catastrophes, famine, great fires and a hellish war that eclipses anything before it. Interesting times, and I think tomorrow might precipitate great civil unrest. 🍿 :)

That's better, I needed cheering up.

8 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

They're all lying, deceitful, corrupt charlatans. It's fun to watch the world unravel, though. I think we're in the beginning of the End Times, and if I'm right, we're going to see unprecedented catastrophes, famine, great fires and a hellish war that eclipses anything before it. Interesting times, and I think tomorrow might precipitate great civil unrest. 🍿 :)

No downside then, that's good.

11 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Do you have any pets needing looking after when you're whisked off to heaven leaving the rest of us to burn? PM me, excellent rates offered.