The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don't think that tracks with virtually anything he's ever said or done especially since he's become more senile. Building up the rigged election narrative lets him lose without being a loser. Suggesting it was just a grift leads to suggesting his post-election meltdown and public appearances were staged is laughable, he looked visibly crushed at that first press conference. His manner at his rallies also suggest a man deeply in love with being worshipped rather than just some calculated attempt to grift first and foremost. 

I think he very much wanted to win and be president for the clout, fame and perceived universal worship of it even if he clearly didn't want the job of being president. I think that specifically trickled down to his supporters who expected vindication and acknowledgment they were also winners which clearly didn't happen.

But whatever it's ultimately unprovable. 

Thing is he'll be getting all the rallies and adulation on and off screen without all the boring bits of being president. Maybe it's taking it too far, but why the fk did he tell his fans not to use postal votes? Wouldn't be surprised if he would have won it otherwise. Instead it created the perfect narrative of the early in person votes going to him, then Biden winning when the postal votes were counted. Maybe that's crediting him with too much intelligence.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe that's crediting him with too much intelligence.

I think it is. It's more likely that he tripped over his own dick into the White House as a result of saying some things that resonated, being in the right place at the right time, and the Clinton campaign making spectacular gaffes in their own campaigning. I do think him and everyone around him also took the opportunity to enrich themselves as much as is humanly possible but I think he's motivated by something different than wealth. Most likely fame. 

His entire presidency has been one big long publicity stunt.  Shock and awe on the American people saying and doing whatever would get the most attention.

His pal Farage demonstrated you can have a lot of influence even without power.  He can't concede defeat because the people would ignore him and focus on the new president.

He will still have his base after January and I seriously doubt he will follow etiquette and decline making regular comments about his successor.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think it is. It's more likely that he tripped over his own dick into the White House as a result of saying some things that resonated, being in the right place at the right time, and the Clinton campaign making spectacular gaffes in their own campaigning. I do think him and everyone around him also took the opportunity to enrich themselves as much as is humanly possible but I think he's motivated by something different than wealth. Most likely fame. 

I agree about fame, and he knows his wealth is a sham, but having all the fame and adulation he wants by tv shows and events of his own choosing and timing beats having to meet the president of some shithole country instead of being on the golf course. He'll seriously miss Airforce One though.

He has daddy issues and deep down just wants the love and attention he never received from his father. He has actually been quoted as saying he wanted to become the most famous person in America/the world. With no discernable talent apart from bullshitting and inherited wealth, his only route was being an incredibly obnoxious c**t, game show host and plastering his name onto everything from chocolate bars to golf courses. He then stumbled into the presidency.

24 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

His entire presidency has been one big long publicity stunt.  Shock and awe on the American people saying and doing whatever would get the most attention.

His pal Farage demonstrated you can have a lot of influence even without power.  He can't concede defeat because the people would ignore him and focus on the new president.

He will still have his base after January and I seriously doubt he will follow etiquette and decline making regular comments about his successor.

I can see Twitter binning him.  That would be glorious; apoplectic with rage and the normal outlet for venting that apoplexy denied.

48 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

sounds pretty much bang on, yeah.

i mean he's not doing shit like this purely for money, and it's probably not even for publicity, but he's getting *something* out of doing it

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

12 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

...With no discernable talent apart from bullshitting and inherited wealth, his only route was being an incredibly obnoxious c**t, game show host and plastering his name onto everything from chocolate bars to golf courses. He then stumbled into the presidency.

The big danger with Trump in recent years has been that people have consistently underestimated him and the level to which his dog whistle slogans resonate with a very sizable portion of an American electorate filled with visceral level racists who can see that their majority isn't going to be a majority for much longer.