The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

Just now, mizfit said:

So he’s definitely going to jail isn’t he?

Not a chance.

Setting a precedent that an American president can be sent to jail, even after his reign, is extremely dangerous for powerful people.

Trump will never see the inside of a jail cell.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Not a chance.

Setting a precedent that an American president can be sent to jail, even after his reign, is extremely dangerous for powerful people.

Trump will never see the inside of a jail cell.

No, I  disagree. The authorities can put him in prison and brag that nobody is untouchable in a democracy.

They can sell it how they want. 

19 minutes ago, Gaz said:

He's a spent force who, if there was another election tomorrow, would get 75m votes.

His endorsement of a candidate in 2024 will go some way to giving the Republicans a chance of winning.

I don't think he's as useless to the party as people claim.

He would get 75m votes because 75m folk would continue to vote Republican. 75m would not vote Trump specifically. There are a lot more Republican loyalists in the electorate than there are Trump loyalists. 

I also think you give him too much credit in asserting that he would ever endorse anyone for President in 2024 other than himself. His endorsement would be massively beneficial to the party but I think most people know that his ego would never, ever allow him to do that. 

28 minutes ago, Michael W said:

In bits at this

20210106_211130.jpg

Hes absolutely nothing like what I expected a  trump supporter to look like, tbh.

Just now, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

No, I  disagree. The authorities can put him in prison and brag that nobody is untouchable in a democracy.

They can sell it how they want. 

Biden will never allow it in a million years.

If Trump can be jailed, then any of them can. What would stop a Republican president doing something similar to him in the future?

Americans refuse to accept that their president is answerable to anyone except God, and themselves once every four years.

I would actually find it astonishingly bad management if the 25th is not invoked.
How can this man be allowed to manage the US for another 2 weeks after tonight?...

I’ve just had to google what the 25th amendment is so excuse my wording if it’s wrong. Surely it would be in the best interests of the Republican Party to do this? I feel like Trump has almost become his own party now. This event is a disaster for american democracy and the Republican Party.