Sean Connery dies at 90

Bairnardo

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:
He’ll be beating women senseless in hell from now on, c**t of a man.

Edgy.

He's still gutted Lille pulled 2 back.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So man makes millions upon millions and decides to move to live in year round good weather and that makes him a bad man? Calm down ffs. 

I'm always tickled by this. If I won the Euromillions yes I'd buy a nice big house here, but not a chance I'd be living in it all year round.

Connery was not a great actor but had a great career playing Sean Connery - he had some fantastic films but also some stinkers - not down to him but shit awful scripts.

For me his views on women were reprehensible - I just wonder if people would look on him so favourably if he was not a supporter of independence?

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm always tickled by this. If I won the Euromillions yes I'd buy a nice big house here, but not a chance I'd be living in it all year round.

I would maybe just build a wee house here for visiting my family and going to football games, but no i’d be moving to somewhere warm or something too. 

1. Born on August 25.
2. ...in Scotland
3. Worked as a milkman when young.
4. Played football when young.
5. Top shagger

4 of those apply to both Shir Shean and I.  If I'd made millions, I could add that too.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I heard it was Shofia Loren.

If we're recommending Connery films to watch, I've always been partial to his downbeat performance in The Offence, and space thriller/stylistic Alien rip-off Outland is worth a look. The Name of the Rose is an even better murder-mystery, similar oppressive atmosphere, but very different setting. The Hill is a stunning film that's unfortunately difficult to get hold of these days. The Man Who Would Be King is obviously a superb old-school adventure and moral tale.

The wife still swears his best film is Darby O'Gill and the Little People.

The Hill is available on Google play.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I heard it was Shofia Loren.

If we're recommending Connery films to watch, I've always been partial to his downbeat performance in The Offence, and space thriller/stylistic Alien rip-off Outland is worth a look. The Name of the Rose is an even better murder-mystery, similar oppressive atmosphere, but very different setting. The Hill is a stunning film that's unfortunately difficult to get hold of these days. The Man Who Would Be King is obviously a superb old-school adventure and moral tale.

The wife still swears his best film is Darby O'Gill and the Little People.

How dare you.  Outland is not a rip off of Alien.  I am not having that.

Total rip off of High Noon though.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The only actor that could get away with playing himself in every single film. Supposed to play a Spanish character? f**k it, I'm Sean Connery.

There is a YouTube top 10 on this.  It included Caine, Cruise, Cage and Costner but it did have Connery at number 1 for this.

34 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

How dare you.  Outland is not a rip off of Alien.  I am not having that.

Total rip off of High Noon though.

It's a stylistic rip-off. They were obviously going for a similar look and feel.

Plots are dissimilar, although it's just occurred to me that I could really go a space alien horror film starring Connery. Pity.