19/20 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

JamieThomas

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

None of them were sitters, but he messed each one up. 

The best of the lot, you don't mention at all and it came when two defenders clashed, allowing the ball to dribble through.  He failed to push it sufficiently in front of himself to allow for a decent shot. 

The fact is that he made one lousy decision to shoot when he shouldn't have, and missed two other good chances quite badly.

He had opportunities to win his side the cup, but fluffed them. Not the first or last to do so, but frustrating nonetheless.

The only one I really think he did badly at was the blaze into the crowd.  The first he had to come back to get the ball so was always struggling to take it back towards goal at pace.

The cutback I thought he should have taken a touch rather than shot but it wasn't an easy chance

The commentary and co-commentary were truly awful. Muted them for large parts of the game. Liam whatshisname thinks commentating is talking inane irrelevant pish  during the game and just shouting as loudly as he can when someone scores. Michael Stewart at half time was also terrible. Why anyone thinks he provides any insight worth hearing is beyond me. One of these guys that gets gigs because he sells himself well. 

Edited by roverthemoon

34 minutes ago, bennett said:

Haud me back....

The veteran was furious after the final whistle despite lifting a 12th consecutive domestic trophy

Celtic captain Scott Brown had to be held back by a member of the coaching staff as the Scottish Cup final ended in aggro.

In a pulsating game at Hampden the holders retained their trophy for a fourth consecutive season by winning a dramatic penalty shoot-out after a 3-3 draw with Hearts 

And there was clearly some ill-feeling after the match as he went head-to-head with Hearts players and staff.

Brown was clearly furious though it wasn't clear what was said or done to cause the reaction. 

I remember one of the Argentinian Racing Club ######s saying what a good loser Billy McNeill was

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

The delicious thing is that in their heart of hearts every Celtic fans knows that the quadruple treble has been won in an era when they have had a far bigger budget than anyone else and faced zero genuine competition, so it’s utterly meaningless. The fact that even Lennon (a manager they hate and want rid of) can win trophies during that run sums up how meaningless it is. 

The only thing that truly matters is 10 in a row. They’ve been singing about it for 5 or 6 years now.  That’s why they are outside Celtic Park protesting, because Lennon is fucking that up in spectacular fashion. And when they fail on that front, the meltdown will be spectacular. 

It isn’t meaningless at all and irrespective of our budget we can only compete against what is put in front of us.

Trophies aren’t always easy to win just look at Rangers who are flying this season and battering everyone yet dropped the ball against St Mirren so to win 12 on the bounce is an achievement we can be and rightfully should be proud of. 

The dissection of the performance today is for mother day, haven’t been many moments to enjoy this season so far so I’m going to enjoy this one as it marks the end of a hugely successful era for us. 

A mention for Hearts also, if they won today then their performance deserved it. 

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

It isn’t meaningless at all and irrespective of our budget we can only compete against what is put in front of us.

Trophies aren’t always easy to win just look at Rangers who are flying this season and battering everyone yet dropped the ball against St Mirren so to win 12 on the bounce is an achievement we can be and rightfully should be proud of. 

The dissection of the performance today is for mother day, haven’t been many moments to enjoy this season so far so I’m going to enjoy this one as it marks the end of a hugely successful era for us. 

That's a long time to wait.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Bit of a wait, then...

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A mention for Hearts also, if they won today then their performance deserved it. 

So the PLC and Lennon have your full support. At least there’s one of you not fixated on the ‘ten’

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I heard there is medicine available that you should be taking.

Aye. There's loads of different kinds of reactions to losing on penalties in a cup final. Some people are known to sing through it.

38 minutes ago, bennett said:

Level 4 restrictions coming in and ....

Edit to add.

Social distancing shouldn't be a problem for yourself truth be told, folk usually keep a couple of metres from you due to the fucking stench of your breath.