Queen of the South v The Caley

10 minutes ago, smpar said:

It's a shame that Johnston's time with us was dragged out so long. He brought in some great players and at times we played very nice football, but we had some utterly furious spells under him and he ultimately spent far too long as our manager. That's not entirely his fault though.

I still have a soft spot for him. 

Sums up my feelings about him too.

He stayed a season too long. Should have went after the playoffs, as his signings after were absolutely gash.

Watched the last 20 minutes or thereabouts - there wasn't much point in watching any more of the Coleraine match - and Queens weren't at the races. Caley Thistle were a lively bunch up front.

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Really concerning when a team from the same league ( who have also had to rebuild massively) look as if they are about two levels above us. Defence and midfield woeful.

The best manager in the league by about 43,582 miles is pretty good at building teams imo. 

Maxwell? One of the only players getting pass marks for me tonight. 

Thought Maxwell did reasonably well first half but was pretty awful 2nd half. He’s young and has ability. Shields best for us in my view. Hardly anyone else did well TBH. Thought ICT were a decent competent championship team and thus way too good for us. An awful performance.

Two teams going in completely different directions.

ICT have a team with a young core full of promise. They still have issues that will get found out - not at all convinced about the defence. But they've enough that they'll make the playoffs. MacGregor looks like a really impressive player, obviously Kennedy was a standout too.

Queens though... you can get away with having two diddies at the back. But only if your midfield is good. Queens are miles away. For every good player (and Queens do have them), they've two or three utter haddies.