Expensive habits

25 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Well....yes. Cos I like pulling on a new pair of socks every morning, what's wrong with that?

Look, if anyone is offended by them apparently going to waste, I'm happy to leave a carrier bag of them by my gate once a month for someone to collect. 

I wouldn't say I was offended, but there are charities that you can donate socks to homeless folk. I tend to give new pairs, but they might accept once worn. 

Just a thought... 

9 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I wouldn't say I was offended, but there are charities that you can donate socks to homeless folk. I tend to give new pairs, but they might accept once worn. 

Just a thought... 

Would you wear a pair of free socks knowing they'd come from a H**?

I'd rather

https://youtu.be/RmDr9L1p6wA

Edited by Manifesto

I'm the opposite of NBB when it comes to socks. All of my toes (insert inbred Ross County fan joke here) and my heel have to be sticking through before I consider chucking a pair. I also still own my school backpack which dates back to at least 1998, although it's in far better nick than that tramp's backpack above.

My clothing vice is football tops, I own well over a hundred and can't visit Classic Football Shirts without buying a new one.

2 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

I'm sure Michael Jackson only wore fresh socks. Think I saw it in a documentary or something.

Just saying.

John Travolta apparently objects to wearing clothes that have been washed on religious grounds. Only brannies.

This may be a side effect of burying your homosexuality for decades. 

15 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Between the socks thing and the fact that to my knowledge I don't know anyone who regularly does ching I must be the squarest P&Ber on the forum. 

15 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Work nights out are usually an eye opener for how prevalent it is.

I can’t stand the stuff personally as I find it brings out the most obnoxious traits in people which I can stand in other people but hate in myself. Doesn’t stop me from caving in occasionally cause everyone I know loves it.

am not sure whether folks are talking about coke or a pair of new socks a day....

13 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Look, if anyone is offended by them apparently going to waste, I'm happy to leave a carrier bag of them by my gate once a month for someone to collect. 

What do you mean "apparently" going to waste? You're throwing them in the bin ya mad man :lol:

16 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

I'm sure Michael Jackson only wore fresh socks. Think I saw it in a documentary or something.

Just saying.

Had his kids' toys etc thrown out at the end of each day (before replacing them with brand new ones the next morning) and boiled every utensil before throwing them out after a single use.  Then wondered why they were the sickest kids in the history of the planet whenever they left the house. 

On 09/12/2020 at 20:05, Mr. Alli said:

IMG_20201209_200436.thumb.jpg.57be10770f7ec813bcabda7a4a7aa6c4.jpg

So the bag's 25 years old?

I still use the blue karrimor daysack which I used in high school ca. 2001, so I'm getting close to that.  Far better nick than that picture of course.

However, if he's 43 and he got the bag in 1995, then he was in the last year of middle school when he was... 18?  :unsure:

After leaving uni, my first boss had a huge cocaine habit. He was a generous soul and would dish out lines each day on my desk or leave one in the bogs for me. Smoking and drinking throughout the working day was perfectly acceptable too. Remember him whipping his cock out one day in the office and asking the girls if they could help him what STD he had picked up, going by the sores on his member. 

After leaving uni, my first boss had a huge cocaine habit. He was a generous soul and would dish out lines each day on my desk or leave one in the bogs for me. Smoking and drinking throughout the working day was perfectly acceptable too. Remember him whipping his cock out one day in the office and asking the girls if they could help him what STD he had picked up, going by the sores on his member. 

Did that not make the girls feel extremely uncomfortable?