The Relegation Dogfight

The Relegation Dogfight  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The wild cards in the race could of course be provided by whichever financially unstable, clowncar outfit currently leading the pack gets hit with admin and a points deduction. Things are clearly looking ropey at Cappielow of late but can an even greater financial meltdown ever be ruled out at Dens' Park? This humble correspondent thinks not.

Hmm. From a Morton fan.
Wonder which club is now the current favourites for that ‘clown car outfit’ award?....

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Hmm. From a Morton fan.
Wonder which club is now the current favourites for that ‘clown car outfit’ award?....

You'd certainly be the expert in clowncar outfits after Falkirk were sent spinning into the seaside leagues.

giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c4

Still early in the season but Alloa, Arbroath and Queens starting to fall behind the pack already so you’d have to favour 2 of those 3 for the bottom spots. We’ll see what happens with loans and transfers in January but unless Morton or Ourselves get injury problems I can’t see either getting dragged in and it’ll take some good business by the bottom 3 to change their form. Still Alloa are playing us soon and we love to gift them a few points most seasons. I’ll say Queens bottom and Arbroath 9th will Alloa escaping. With Falkirk, Partick or Cove likely to be in the playoff final 9th could struggle.

On 14/12/2020 at 23:28, Denapark1893 said:

No offence but your poll is fucking ridiculous. Dundee will finish top 4 .... not even in doubt. You  are on the wind up. Starved of actual football this must be what passes as entertainment for you. 

On 15/12/2020 at 10:51, Denapark1893 said:

You are talking shite.... As I say top 4  is where we will be.... bookmark that for your future reference.....you can also bookmark your own drivel above. 

A devastating collapse from a three goal lead at home and wins elsewhere push Dundee even deeper into the relegation mire. Turns out that the only side lifted into top four from the discussion are The Famous.

You hate* to see it happen.

Spoiler

Nah not really.

c8e56873-77e6-4ab5-8453-9ea380fb0dd4.thumb.jpg.b6f576463d3c1c33df301eceb56210bc.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Close the thread. Our dog has humanely been put down. A dogfight was too much effort and it wasn't fair to let the suffering go on.

Chill.  Once you get the absolutely nailed on 3 points against Ayr at New Year and we then go and beat Alloa as we tend to do the week after then it will look a bit better. 

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Chill.  Once you get the absolutely nailed on 3 points against Ayr at New Year and we then go and beat Alloa as we tend to do the week after then it will look a bit better. 

I like your plan. I'll resuscitate the dog  but I'll hunt you down if the plan doesn't come to fruition. 😄

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

On 13/12/2020 at 15:48, Jamie_M said:

Morton to continue their trend of the past few seasons of flitting between blind optimism of sneaking a promotion playoff place and full blown relegation crisis on almost a weekly basis.

Delete as appropriate each week.

Morton2.thumb.jpg.43471ad2b105630df5e0b72db2c12b45.jpg

Duly done for our now clearly unstoppable, promotion steamroller.

Spoiler

We will of course finish 7th as usual. 

Edited by vikingTON

If you continue with this inability to beat us at Palmerston this year then the next time we share a league we should automatically be given 6 points and the games not played. If you don't do it this season then I'm confident you never will.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Hursty said:

If you continue with this inability to beat us at Palmerston this year then the next time we share a league we should automatically be given 6 points and the games not played. If you don't do it this season then I'm confident you never will.

I'm honestly intrigued to see how it goes.  I mean, no offence, but you guys seem absolute shite this season and yet we still needed 2 early goals from corners then a tremendous goalkeeping performance to win the first meeting.   Add that to the fact that we always save our absolute worst for Palmerston.   The biggest question is probably whether it's Muirhead or McCowan that gets sent off while we are chasing the game.

And yet we will still then definitely beat Alloa the week after, even though they are a pretty good side. 

That was a great 3 points for both PT sides especially Alloa after their midweek cup exploits. We continue from past two seasons of being totally incapable of taking care of business ourselves and we seem to work on the mistaken assumption that there will be teams worse than us. Unless there is an injection of new blood imminently our fate could be realised very quickly even in a curtailed campaign.