Stupid Things Players and Managers Say

22 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Paul Lambert's musings on Sevco a few months ago need to be remembered to ensure that anything he ever says is never taken seriously.

Oocha fucker. That's the first time I've seen that. Wow....

Paul Lambert's musings on Sevco a few months ago need to be remembered to ensure that anything he ever says is never taken seriously.
He said: “I was in England on the outside looking in and I thought it was an absolute disaster for the game and for Scottish football.
“It was a disaster PR-wise, not only for Rangers, but for the image of our game as a whole.
“If Rangers were to get punished, fine, no problem.
“But to send them down to the bottom leagues caused real harm to the Scottish game.
“There was also the issue of denying the national team players from one of the two biggest clubs in the country because Scotland couldn’t pick players who were playing every week in the Third Division, as it was at the time.
“Over the years, the Scotland manager could always rely on three, four, five Rangers players but in the Third Division Rangers had players who would never in a million years be good enough for the national team.
“Whoever made that decision, got it bang wrong. If Rangers needed to be fined, fine them. But taking them out of the league was a big mistake in my opinion.”

Lambert was far from the only one who came out with this pish. But if you asked any of the fuckers to tell you why it was bad for the Scottish game none of them could answer you. Lambert's bit about Rangers having players who weren't good enough to play international football is actually a great example of these morons' stupidity - the best Scottish players of that time still played football, just not for Rangers. The fact that the national team manager and his staff couldn't look further than Ibrox is their fault, no-one else's.
Remember the whole thing about Scottish football "needing" a strong Rangers? The best laugh I got with this one was Tom English ripping f**k out of Alex Rae. Kept asking Rae if this club or that club needed a strong Rangers, Rae kept sheepishly answering no but couldn't actually say which clubs did need a strong Rangers.

All these years later I'm still furious at this shit chat. It's rude,  smart arse shithousery but it's also wrong.
Velocity would be used to measure speed and doesn't necessarily pertain to high speed.
To be fair journos deserve all they get [emoji23].

This was brilliant. Highlight of his Scotland career.

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

All these years later I'm still furious at this shit chat. It's rude,  smart arse shithousery but it's also wrong.

Velocity would be used to measure speed and doesn't necessarily pertain to high speed.

Maverick: I feel the need...

Maverick +Goose: The need for speed! Ow! 

Invergowrie Arab: i think actually that the word speed can refer to any speed and not just high speeds which is, i think, the nature of the speed to which you were referring. In future i suggest that you more accurately quantify the metric which is the subject of your requirements. 

On 19/12/2020 at 13:49, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sevco and Celtic should get a 3 goal start in cup games to ensure you don't get a disaster of a semi final like this one too.

Hibs v St Johnstone

Livingston v St Mirren

We need a new " Downfall " classic sketch!

16 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Strachan has always been a headcase I remember watching MOTD when I was a kid and just being completely confused after the wee ginger Scottish manager of Southampton/Coventry had finished his interview. 

Strachan was always good value for a laugh in a post-match interview.

When he was Coventry manager, they'd won away somewhere where they shouldn't have and he put it down to their normal coach driver being a Jonah.

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

When he was Coventry manager, they'd won away somewhere where they shouldn't have and he put it down to their normal coach driver being a Jonah.

He was the only fucking Jonah as far as Coventry were concerned. Spaffed huge amounts on random no-marks, and ended a 40-something year spell in the top flight. They'll almost certainly never return.

I never met him: I started covering Coventry about six months after he left, but the other press guys I worked with, to be fair, did all think he was good value. Just a shame he's a terrible manager of football clubs and a regular spouter of complete shite. 

Edit: just found this on the Guardian from 19 (nineteen!) years ago, which sums up Gordon Strachan quite neatly:

image.png.2637710b9ba22d4246dc0686a7dee1ea.png

Edited by Coventry Saint

Not Scottish football but this nonsense from Mikel Arteta is Catchro-esque (on speed).

“When you look at the perspective how we are losing football matches and how we are where we are it’s pretty incredible,” he said.

“Last year against Everton we won the game with 25 per cent chance of winning, supported by the stats. We won 3-2.

“Last weekend it was 67 per cent chance of winning any Premier League in history, and nine percent of losing – and you lose. You lose.

“Three per cent against Burnley and you lose, seven per cent against Spurs and you lose. There is something else apart from that that has to go our way and at the moment it doesn’t."

Just missing a bit of xG.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

22 hours ago, The Marly said:

Lambert was far from the only one who came out with this pish. But if you asked any of the fuckers to tell you why it was bad for the Scottish game none of them could answer you. Lambert's bit about Rangers having players who weren't good enough to play international football is actually a great example of these morons' stupidity - the best Scottish players of that time still played football, just not for Rangers. The fact that the national team manager and his staff couldn't look further than Ibrox is their fault, no-one else's.
Remember the whole thing about Scottish football "needing" a strong Rangers? The best laugh I got with this one was Tom English ripping f**k out of Alex Rae. Kept asking Rae if this club or that club needed a strong Rangers, Rae kept sheepishly answering no but couldn't actually say which clubs did need a strong Rangers.

Aberdeen, Milne?

Edited by CO2000
Spelling!