Alloa v Raith

Actually quite glad Alloa won their last game hopefully that means our lads won’t go in thinking it’ll be a stroll in the park as that’s when you inevitably get knocked on your arse by the teams near the bottom. Alloa are a good team and got a couple of seasons up here under their belt and we’ll need to be at our best to beat them at their ground especially. I’ll take any kind of win right now, expecting a close fought game here with maybe a goal in it either way. Our record against them is not great but hopefully we can get the win here.

you guys are favourites which suits us i suppose , this will depend on our injury situation , been well impressed with Raith though , really sharp and playing well
we need to turn up but things do look better after the 2nd half against ICT .

Great win for you lads at the weekend and against Hearts in the cup, has your poor start been mostly down to players missing? Obviously we’ll hope they’re still missing on Saturday [emoji23]. It’s been a good start for us and it’s great football to watch (standard when there’s no fans) we play a nice passing game but a well organised defence that kept Hearts out will definitely cause us problems trying to break it down. I think we’re still vulnerable at the back especially on counterattacks and I’d love us to bring in a really strong CB but I suspect we’ve no money for that.

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Great win for you lads at the weekend and against Hearts in the cup, has your poor start been mostly down to players missing? Obviously we’ll hope they’re still missing on Saturday emoji23.png. It’s been a good start for us and it’s great football to watch (standard when there’s no fans) we play a nice passing game but a well organised defence that kept Hearts out will definitely cause us problems trying to break it down. I think we’re still vulnerable at the back especially on counterattacks and I’d love us to bring in a really strong CB but I suspect we’ve no money for that.

The intensity was missing  a lot of new players needing time to gel maybe , but just not in form , loose passes ect  injuries to key players too , short of punch up front  .

but we are defo on the up, Scougall has started to show his skill given his reputation

Edited by whereismillar

Aye, I think I’m going to miss walking back to the Asda Carpark raging at how we’ve thrown away a comfortable 1-0, for it to be 1-1 at FT.
It’s still pretty early in the season for must wins, but as mentioned based on our fixtures in January, we really need 6 points from this and Queens game next Tuesday.

Maybe jumping the gun, but haven’t seen anything be announced or retweeted on Twitter regarding the game. Do Alloa use Pixelot? And roughly £10/12 a game?

I'm not sure the Alloa - Raith games at the Recs were all as bad as many of you suggest. Perhaps your mixed record in the Wee County in recent years is clouding your judgement😉

As for our bad start, we had a young keeper signed on the morning of the first league game in goal and a CB making his first SPFL appearances in front of him. While they both showed promise and will hopefully go on to do well, it left us with a very inexperienced back division and we conceded some terrible goals, despite generally playing quite well overall. With Neil Parry and Andy Graham since returning and Nicky Jamieson also going into the defence after injury we have been much more solid in recent weeks. 

Our main issue remains putting the ball in the back of the net. Plenty of nice passing football without a great cutting edge. Needed a fantastic set piece and a goalkeeping error (albeit after a great move) to beat ICT. That said, it was a great effort to win that game without Ray Grant, Alan Trouten and Stefan Scougall. Really hope some of them at least are back for this one. 

My feeling earlier this month was that we really needed to try and grab some points this month to stay in touch before hopefully adding more of a goal threat next month. 6 points from the last two games has done the job nicely. It would be great to boost our position again on Saturday. 

Given  the barrel of the gun we are looking at in January (Hearts twice, Pars, Dee and ICT), points from the Alloa and QoS tilts are critical. Six points is optimal, but Alloa’s recently improved form is worrisome when combined with our recent scoring sluggishness.

4 hours ago, grumswall said:

How has your streaming service been? I'll be getting it regardless but just want to know what to expect.

Alloa have been using augmented Pixellot and are hoping to have added replays for the Boxing Day match. Reports were pretty decent after getting manual control over the Pixellot, but last weekend had a few bobble. @LeodhasXD can probably address this better...hoping to get to watch it, but schedule still up in the air.

Edited by TxRover

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Give  the barrel of the gun we are looking at in January (Hearts twice, Par, Dee and ICT), points from the Alloa and QoS tilts are critical. Six points is optimal, but Alloa’s recently improved form is worrisome when combined with our recent scoring sluggishness.

Alloa have been using augmented Pixellot and are hoping to have added replays for the Boxing Day match. Reports were pretty decent after getting manual control over the Pixellot, but last weekend had a few bobble. @LeodhasXD can probably address this better...hoping to get to watch it, but schedule still up in the air.

It shat the bed for the Ayr game. Nothing we could influence.

The wee guy that controls the camera at ours is good. Which is more than I can say for some of the operators.

We're doing testing tomorrow (Thursday) morning for the workflow with replays - second camera. So if I'm honest things are more likely to go wrong this weekend because we're trying something different. If it goes right it'll be a better production.

There's a lot going on just now!

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

I'm not sure the Alloa - Raith games at the Recs were all as bad as many of you suggest. Perhaps your mixed record in the Wee County in recent years is clouding your judgement😉

As for our bad start, we had a young keeper signed on the morning of the first league game in goal and a CB making his first SPFL appearances in front of him. While they both showed promise and will hopefully go on to do well, it left us with a very inexperienced back division and we conceded some terrible goals, despite generally playing quite well overall. With Neil Parry and Andy Graham since returning and Nicky Jamieson also going into the defence after injury we have been much more solid in recent weeks. 

Our main issue remains putting the ball in the back of the net. Plenty of nice passing football without a great cutting edge. Needed a fantastic set piece and a goalkeeping error (albeit after a great move) to beat ICT. That said, it was a great effort to win that game without Ray Grant, Alan Trouten and Stefan Scougall. Really hope some of them at least are back for this one. 

My feeling earlier this month was that we really needed to try and grab some points this month to stay in touch before hopefully adding more of a goal threat next month. 6 points from the last two games has done the job nicely. It would be great to boost our position again on Saturday. 

Mixed is one way of describing our record. If it were a bag of Revels, Rovers record would be mostly those wee coffee flavoured b*****ds nae c**t likes.

It shat the bed for the Ayr game. Nothing we could influence.
The wee guy that controls the camera at ours is good. Which is more than I can say for some of the operators.
We're doing testing tomorrow (Thursday) morning for the workflow with replays - second camera. So if I'm honest things are more likely to go wrong this weekend because we're trying something different. If it goes right it'll be a better production.
There's a lot going on just now!

Any chance of an update with how things go tomorrow? Like I said, I'll be purchasing it anyway but it would be nice to know whether we should expect issues etc.

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Any chance of an update with how things go tomorrow? Like I said, I'll be purchasing it anyway but it would be nice to know whether we should expect issues etc.

Depends what issues you mean

there's been problems recently with the audio sync reported (despite what I'm hearing being unnoticeable). This should be fixed if the new way works because it'll be embedded on site instead of running through a few different partners.

There's been problems when peoples stream buffer at the wrong time - so they miss the goals - This way we show a replay or run a playlist of the highlights at half-time/full time for example. And I know what timecode to search for the highlights. I had the Inverness Caley highlights done at 10pm for midnight release.

Things that I know can go wrong - human error  - If something gets missed in the live stream when I'm playing the replays for example I can't go back and show it. That's my biggest worry.

Synchronisation problems - I've found the pixellot camera can be between 2-4 seconds behind real life with the rtsp feed I get so I synchronise it before the game - however if it shifts during the game the commentary will be out of sync.

Now internet wise we're running the stream on a completely different network - if our network dies we can use theirs. Likewise if pixellot's camera/network has problems again we can use the second camera. So we've built a bit of redundancy in theory.

I'm still completely in the dark about how their OTT works - I've noticed it seems to allow an automatic resolution and a 1080p option. That's it. I don't know if it's running through a CDN that's doing any transcoding (1080p, 720p, 480p). My bet is not so if you've got useless internet it might struggle and buffer all game.

I've had the OTT feed of every game running alongside whatever I've been doing using my 4G data mostly, and the only one that's not worked is the Ayr one. 

This picture was taken at Alloa, pretty sure during the 83/84 season following a 2-0 defeat at the Recs, probably the most interesting thing that happened that day as a Rovers fan. I'm middle front but I'm sure there will be plenty of recognisable faces in this

131921716_211796373808569_4528288450927382109_n.jpg

Depends what issues you mean
 there's been problems recently with the audio sync reported (despite what I'm hearing being unnoticeable). This should be fixed if the new way works because it'll be embedded on site instead of running through a few different partners.
There's been problems when peoples stream buffer at the wrong time - so they miss the goals - This way we show a replay or run a playlist of the highlights at half-time/full time for example. And I know what timecode to search for the highlights. I had the Inverness Caley highlights done at 10pm for midnight release.
Things that I know can go wrong - human error  - If something gets missed in the live stream when I'm playing the replays for example I can't go back and show it. That's my biggest worry.
Synchronisation problems - I've found the pixellot camera can be between 2-4 seconds behind real life with the rtsp feed I get so I synchronise it before the game - however if it shifts during the game the commentary will be out of sync.
Now internet wise we're running the stream on a completely different network - if our network dies we can use theirs. Likewise if pixellot's camera/network has problems again we can use the second camera. So we've built a bit of redundancy in theory.
I'm still completely in the dark about how their OTT works - I've noticed it seems to allow an automatic resolution and a 1080p option. That's it. I don't know if it's running through a CDN that's doing any transcoding (1080p, 720p, 480p). My bet is not so if you've got useless internet it might struggle and buffer all game.
I've had the OTT feed of every game running alongside whatever I've been doing using my 4G data mostly, and the only one that's not worked is the Ayr one. 
I was more meaning buffering issues, any drop outs in the stream etc. Delays with audio etc isn't a massive issue as we can always just mute the stream if it's not working as it should. Thanks for clearing it all up though. Iv not had any issue so far this season other than a couple of times with the dundee stream where it seemed to drop out for alot of people, so my connection should be fine. I know you've been working hard to get it all working, so I look forward to enjoying the stream.

2 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

This picture was taken at Alloa, pretty sure during the 83/84 season following a 2-0 defeat at the Recs, probably the most interesting thing that happened that day as a Rovers fan. I'm middle front but I'm sure there will be plenty of recognisable faces in this

You're Charlie from Casualty?

12 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

The late Stephen Coulter in the middle. 

Stayed a few streets away from me up Spam when we were younger. 

Lovely guy, sadly missed. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

Given  the barrel of the gun we are looking at in January (Hearts twice, Pars, Dee and ICT), points from the Alloa and QoS tilts are critical. Six points is optimal, but Alloa’s recently improved form is worrisome when combined with our recent scoring sluggishness.
Alloa have been using augmented Pixellot and are hoping to have added replays for the Boxing Day match. Reports were pretty decent after getting manual control over the Pixellot, but last weekend had a few bobble. [mention=70481]LeodhasXD[/mention] can probably address this better...hoping to get to watch it, but schedule still up in the air.

Well January sounds like a right laugh, knowing our luck Charlie Adam will be fit by then and play the full 90 or worse they’ll have sacked McPake and got a manager.