Alloa v Raith

7 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Jeez! Is games like that not why we wanted promotion so badly? 

We have nothing to fear from anybody

This. We are currently 4th and potentially a win away from 2nd,with a game in hand. 

Tough games, but nothing to fear at all. 

6 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Well January sounds like a right laugh, knowing our luck Charlie Adam will be fit by then and play the full 90 or worse they’ll have sacked McPake and got a manager.

January has the potential of a free fall month on the tables if we don’t play well! That’s why the next two games might be critical for any thoughts of a (promotion) playoff push. A contender would generally expect at least 8 points from any four games, or 10 from five, and I have a hard time seeing more than 6, and truly fear we might get but 2 or 3.

Alloa’s recent form is similar to ours, with a lack of a cutting attack, so this game might be a fascinating positional battle in the middle and come down to the form of the back lines...and if KMac is out, that hurts us there.

Will be interesting to see what we do if Kieran MacDonald is unavailable given his now deleted tweet. If true, I obviously hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. From a footballing sense, I thought the Ayr game was the first of him really looking like his old self and getting his sharpness back after a bit of stop start season so far.

The obvious choice, and the one I think McGlynn will go with, is Mendy in beside Bene and Musonda to left back.

However, and I acknowledge I am in the minority here, I don’t see enough improvement in Mendy to be comfortable with him starting at this level. I still think he is an accident waiting to happen. The next 2 games will be tough enough but the thought of him lining up against the Pars really gives me the fear.

My preference would be to keep Musonda and Bene together as they are showing signs of building a promising partnership. Move Armstrong back to left back and then bring Spencer in with Tait pushed wide as he has played a few times this season. However, that would seriously blunt our attacking threat as Armstrong has had a great start to the season and is our biggest goal threat of the 3 behind the striker.

Will be interesting to see how we line up. If it is Mendy, as I expect, I really hope he has a great game and makes me look very stupid. He seems like a really nice guy and would love him to be a success but I just don’t see it at the moment.

This. We are currently 4th and potentially a win away from 2nd,with a game in hand. 
Tough games, but nothing to fear at all. 
Anyone who stated that last week's results suited us should really look again. I for one want Alloa, arbroath and QOS beaten every week and any match between them ending in a draw. I still not convinced this season will finish and we don't want to be on the wrong side of a Partick type scenario like last season.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I hope I'm just being pessimistic, but it could easily be the case that we're missing multiple players today. Just a case of waiting for the starting line-up and seeing what the state of play is. 

Looks like it's just MacDonald missing.