St Mirren v The Rangers 2012 30/12/20

Can't gift Rangers goals then expect anything from the game. We played well in spells without creating anything clear cut. It would've been interesting to see how Rangers would've reacted had we scored, I felt they always had another gear. 

All in all, we didn't disgrace ourselves but we also didn't make Rangers work enough for their 3 points. 

I hope that game was refereed to St Mirren's satisfaction.
Meh. Not enough naughty tackles for my liking, although Obika was lucky. Only seen a glimpse of the replay but he definitely caught him with the elbow. Not sure if it was intentional though but I dont know if that matters in the rule book.

Saintees and Accies drawing goes in our favour. A Hibs win and a draw in the other game would make our defeat a bit easier to take.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Meh. Not enough naughty tackles for my liking, although Obika was lucky. Only seen a glimpse of the replay but he definitely caught him with the elbow. Not sure if it was intentional though but I dont know if that matters in the rule book.

Saintees and Accies drawing goes in our favour. A Hibs win and a draw in the other game would make our defeat a bit easier to take.

Goldson was going down before the accidental elbow of Obika caught him. Minimal contact if any. 

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

For what it’s worth, I’d be very surprised if St Mirren aren’t comfortable in mid table come the end of the season. 

St Mirren can always find a new and novel way to kick you in the stones, so taking nothing for granted but I agree, we look a far better side than we have for years.

22 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Goldson was going down before the accidental elbow of Obika caught him. Minimal contact if any. 

Its hard to call it accidental when he's not challenging aerially and his only excuse would be he's trying to hold a player off - yet he elbows a player a foot taller than him in the face. Thought he was very lucky at the time. There is no need for his elbow to be that high at that point. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Its hard to call it accidental when he's not challenging aerially and his only excuse would be he's trying to hold a player off - yet he elbows a player a foot taller than him in the face. Thought he was very lucky at the time. There is no need for his elbow to be that high at that point. 

Big team found.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

I wonder if the compliance officer will change Obikas yellow to red, obviously the sportscene guys won't gloss over it and try to say that it was nothing incident...

Nah. I'd be more surprised if they dont look at Goldsons play acting. 

1 minute ago, AJF said:

My view on the Obika incident, yellow card was probably about right. He definitely caught Goldson with his elbow but I’m not sure there was enough of a swinging action to consider it deliberate or a red card.

If you see it again,  Goldson was going down before the minimal contact happens. He's expecting contact, and was looking for the foul ( which it was), - nothing in it for me. 

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

If you see it again,  Goldson was going down before the minimal contact happens. He's expecting contact, and was looking for the foul ( which it was), - nothing in it for me. 

ah come on now