QOS vs Ayr United

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But there's plenty of talent there if we can add the right players in January.

If kerr doesn't realise that then I'd hope Cameron will make the change - but from the interviews i suspect he knows how badly things are going right now. Finances will dictate that he'll be given every chance to get things sorted.

If you have enough to add first team players in January then quite clearly the finances aren't 'dictating' anything of the sort. You could use the same resources to get shot of your manager.

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well I don't think Ayr will ever win at Palmerston ever again. If they were going to break that 'hoodoo' it would have been today.

A bizarre game from a QoS point of view IMO. The Ayr goal was another run of the mill awful goal we concede this season and I expected Ayr to start bossing it as we looked pretty hopeless. We somehow get ahead and then we pretty much boss the game from then on in. Even in the second half we took the game to Ayr for the most part but couldn't get that killer goal. Then we sit in deep and as I expected, we conceded. Would never have backed us to win from there.

We're very frustrating to watch. When we are ahead we seem to be more composed on the ball and not rush as much. Why don't we do that from the off? Joe McKee is the epitome of this. I thought he was his usual self until we went ahead then he starts picking out passes that top level players would be impressed with. Where has he been all season? Still a lot of work to do, especially defensively and we really need a CB this month. Buchanan scooped one off the line today but he really is honking. Shields was hands down the best player on the park and I don't think even a fit Dobbie could remove him from CF just now.

6 points from two games where I'd have been happy with 1 is impressive though. Hopefully we can grind out a result in Inverness on Tuesday. Good to be happy on a Saturday night though, even better when there's a street party to attend having got one over our bitterest rivals.

You dont want to comment on the through ball for Shields winner?

ETA - it really did look like it was going to be a draw snatched from the jaws of victory but an amazing run and finish from Shields. It was an odd game, neither side played all that well or the badly and both had chances to win the game. A draw would probably have been a fair result but delighted to get the win, particularly as I was denied the opportunity to boo Muirhead AND Kerr

Edited by Mr X

You dont want to comment on the through ball for Shields winner?
ETA - it really did look like it was going to be a draw snatched from the jaws of victory but an amazing run and finish from Shields. It was an odd game, neither side played all that well or the badly and both had chances to win the game. A draw would probably have been a fair result but delighted to get the win, particularly as I was denied the opportunity to boo Muirhead AND Kerr
I actually missed the through ball on both occasions. I'm assuming Pybus fluked it given you're questioning me? [emoji38]

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I actually missed the through ball on both occasions. I'm assuming Pybus fluked it given you're questioning me? emoji38.png

Sure you did ;) 

It was Pybus and it wasnt a fluke.

Not suggesting that one pass suddenly makes him Hoddle but thought you might want to give some credit where its due

9 minutes ago, 4RedCards said:

Can someone check on Skyline, has Billy stopped him posting?

I guess you using two different accounts makes up for it

2 minutes ago, PearceDuff CF said:

Now known as Ticketmaster ..

:rolleyes: 

You've already been asked nicely to get over your obsession with another poster

Sure you did [emoji6] 
It was Pybus and it wasnt a fluke.
Not suggesting that one pass suddenly makes him Hoddle but thought you might want to give some credit where its due
I actually didn't. When it was live I only looked up from my sulk when I saw Shields was through and for the replay I was too busy celebrating.

Aye fair play if he set up the winner. One good pass from the numerous good positions he found himself in today certainly deserves due praise ;)

If you have enough to add first team players in January then quite clearly the finances aren't 'dictating' anything of the sort. You could use the same resources to get shot of your manager.
We're presumably losing the wages paid to Anderson, and can get other loanees in.

Either way we need a leader on the park.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

There's absolutely nothing to suggest we're getting relegated at the moment.

To put it politely, what planet are you on exactly?

Is losing to two different teams in the space of 14 days who were in the bottom two positions of the league with a single win between them not evidence that we're in danger of relegation?!?!?!?!

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

6 points from two games where I'd have been happy with 1 is impressive though. Hopefully we can grind out a result in Inverness on Tuesday.

Inverness is on Tues 12th Jan, Scottish cup first up on Friday night.. 

To put it politely, what planet are you on exactly?
Is losing to two different teams in the space of 14 days who were in the bottom two positions of the league with a single win between them not evidence that we're in danger of relegation?!?!?!?!
I'm not saying we won't get relegated.

But there are folk on this thread saying that it's a certainty. I'm pointing out the nonsense of such a statement.

There's no doubt we're now looking down rather than up, and we need to turn things around pretty quickly.