Season a write off?

Am I the only one thinking we are back playing but with no resolution if the season comes to an abrupt halt . Classic SPFL [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

If there's no resolution then it will be a 27 game season finishing on 1st May. That's what the clubs agreed to.

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If there's no resolution then it will be a 27 game season finishing on 1st May. That's what the clubs agreed to.

Which of course can’t be done.  Clubs would be playing 3 times a week even if it was scheduled pretty much immediately.  

Even a 22 game season is going to require some clubs to play twice a week, every week from the restart.  If clubs progress in the cup or have postponements the fixture backlog will get out of hand.

20 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Which of course can’t be done.  Clubs would be playing 3 times a week even if it was scheduled pretty much immediately.  

Even a 22 game season is going to require some clubs to play twice a week, every week from the restart.  If clubs progress in the cup or have postponements the fixture backlog will get out of hand.

Exactly, and hopefully that should focus some minds towards reaching an agreement.

41 minutes ago, big al said:

Reading that, have they completely cut out the highland and lowland league from the play offs?

The Highland and Lowland Leagues aren't currently allowed to play, and we don't know if they can restart before the play-offs. However, I don't see anything in that article to say that the play-offs would be cancelled if those leagues were in a position to put forward a champion.

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Highland and Lowland Leagues aren't currently allowed to play, and we don't know if they can restart before the play-offs. However, I don't see anything in that article to say that the play-offs would be cancelled if those leagues were in a position to put forward a champion.

I understand all that mate, just seemed quite an inclusive proposal. May be wrong though, not the first time.

I think the proposal looks OK. For the first time we have an agreed plan B. The favoured plan is obviously for 22 games but should any reason intervene (Covid) to prevent 18 games being completed by all clubs by 23rd April then league will be decided on 18 games. Seems quite fair to me. It is impossible to factor in Highland and Lowland leagues when they are not playing and if they cannot offer up play off contenders then I suggest the relegation from League 2 will be scrapped. It is what it is.

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I think the proposal looks OK. For the first time we have an agreed plan B. The favoured plan is obviously for 22 games but should any reason intervene (Covid) to prevent 18 games being completed by all clubs by 23rd April then league will be decided on 18 games. Seems quite fair to me. It is impossible to factor in Highland and Lowland leagues when they are not playing and if they cannot offer up play off contenders then I suggest the relegation from League 2 will be scrapped. It is what it is.

Does that means both leagues have to complete 18 games by 23rd, or would one league be able present their play off candidates and promoted and relegated clubs after 18 games and the other, without delays to fixtures, go to a split?

1 hour ago, AlbionMan said:

Does that means both leagues have to complete 18 games by 23rd, or would one league be able present their play off candidates and promoted and relegated clubs after 18 games and the other, without delays to fixtures, go to a split?

Good question. I suppose it would depend on whether for this exercise the two divisions were being treated as a unit or not. I would see no harm for an individual league to press on with play offs if it has complied with the original ruling. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

The HL have called an end to their season and nominated Brora to go forward to the end of season play offs.

The LL have called an end to their season and nominated Kelty Hearts to go forward to the end of season play offs.
League called with % inclusion on how well they have done so far

So really its up to the SPFL2 to do the right thing.
Looks like Brechin will be heading to the HL as I don't see them winning the relegation playoff against either Brora or Kelty but then again, football, its a funny old game

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

The LL have called an end to their season and nominated Kelty Hearts to go forward to the end of season play offs.
League called with % inclusion on how well they have done so far

So really its up to the SPFL2 to do the right thing.
Looks like Brechin will be heading to the HL as I don't see them winning the relegation playoff against either Brora or Kelty but then again, football, its a funny old game

That’s if Brechin are competing in the relegation playoff...

1 minute ago, gm_1982 said:

That’s if Brechin are competing in the relegation playoff...

Yip 100% true.
Officially they are in it at the movement as are a few teams near the bottom of the SPFL2

I cant see the league full filling their every game to finish the league

but think there's a ruling to get to 18 games to conclude the season, is this right and if so when does it come into action?

by all accounts going by the league I cant see Brechin getting out o the bottom spot, but then again you never know in football.
I do hope there is at least a relegation playoff happens with whoever the bottom team is, I personally think its the right thing for Scottish football and if the bottom of the SPFL2 wins the playoff then they have earned the right to stay in the SPFL2 👍