Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Will you get the COVID vaccine?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely. Although I feel really daft now that I turned down a flu jab a few months ago. I've never had one and was one of those who thought "I don't get ill, I never get flu". 

Since then me and Mrs Boz have been educating ourselves at least a little on many related things and I'll be getting a flu jab as well as the COVID vaccine ASAP. 

Sadly, I know someone in her family who thinks it's all designed to make us sterile and that Merkel is in the back pocket of some so called "Elite". That it's also designed as a weapon against white people. 

Absolutely. Although I feel really daft now that I turned down a flu jab a few months ago. I've never had one and was one of those who thought "I don't get ill, I never get flu". 
Since then me and Mrs Boz have been educating ourselves at least a little on many related things and I'll be getting a flu jab as well as the COVID vaccine ASAP. 
Sadly, I know someone in her family who thinks it's all designed to make us sterile and that Merkel is in the back pocket of some so called "Elite". That it's also designed as a weapon against white people. 

Is her family member a prominent member of the AfD?

22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You should still be able to get a flu jab are you local chemist

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

As the title says.

I will get it/them. No brainer for me.

Will you be all for it or do you think there's some reason not to get it? There will be a minority of people who can't get it due to health reasons, but I suspect a lot of people will claim this when it probably isn't the case for them.

I can understand people being concerned about getting it, but it seems like these concerns almost always come from social media and/or odd articles online. It seems that people never just discuss such concerns with actual health professionals, instead bizarrely instantly and totally trusting unsubstantiated 'sources', or at least erring on their side of caution.

Obviously there are an alarmingly large number of anti-vaccine morons, but something I'm seeing more of is people saying they are not against vaccines but won't get it as a 'personal choice'. People do indeed have that choice, but isn't that just more of an 'anti-vax lite' type of view, like some sort of moderate anti-vaccination stance?

Will some workplaces make it a requirement that people have to have it? I think in some fields, like health care, such a requirement would be a good idea, although it wouldn't make sense across the board.

I think we'll see a lot of travel restricted if you haven't been vaccinated, and that might change some people's minds if they were against it before.

I'll be getting it myself the first chance I get, however the "travel restrictions" are a dangerous road to go down for any country, considering that the vast amount of under 50's are unlikely to be vaccinated prior to September 2021 at the very earliest.

Of course that's just the UK and we're one of the most advanced in terms of a vaccination programme in the world.

In effect, countries could effectively be banning the under 50's from travelling anywhere for up to 2 years and personally I just can't see how that will be economically viable, not to mention that it would likely cause much outrage among the under 50's group who would be banned from travelling through no fault of their own.

Personally I reckon more "travel corridors" will be setup, providing that the virus rates are down to acceptable levels and there will be special reciprocal agreements in place similar to last summer, otherwise there's a risk that people lose the plot thinking they may never be able to travel again.

Who knows for sure though, as the situation continues to evolve.

Personally I think that all anti-vaxxers should be moved to their own separate colony on a remote island, maybe Ascension Island?
I'd rather it was those who want vaccinated are given the opportunity to leave this shithole of an island and start again somewhere else.

Anti-vaxxers are almost definitely flat-earthers as well. The chip theory is an absolute belter. The funniest thing about it is that those spouting this nonsense are usually doing so via (a highly trackable object) mobile phone. Fannies.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The vaccination doesn't give instant protection so you can still catch Covid for a couple of weeks after getting it. That doesn't mean the vaccination caused it.

It doesn't give instant protection. It also doesn't necessarily prevent getting it but is likely to mitigate the seriousness in those who still get it. The flu vaccine isn't 100% effective either. Few vaccines are.

It will however massively ease the pressure on the NHS, it will improve the percentages getting it enormously and mitigate the effects of having got it in those who do still get it. It's win, win, win really unless you happen to be allergic to anything in it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

True, but some folk who've had it say they now have a noticeably reduced lung capacity.

Mate of mine had it for 3 or 4 months, and said it was the worst he's ever felt in his life - and he's from Inverness. 

Ooft, worse than being from Inverness you say. That's it, queues at the vaccine centre.

I'm half way down the list, underlying health conditions, and as the Martini ad once said, "Any time, anywhere".

And hopefully life will get back to the normal day to day drudgery interspersed with foreign holidays, getting back to Tynecastle and trips to the pub.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

I'll definitely be getting it although I understand why people that aren't anti vaxers would be apprehensive about it, no way can they know the long term side effects of the vaccine at this stage.

Aye, Facebook's already worked out that you'll produce a terrible tone if someone plugs a guitar into you.

Personally, I'm waiting for an upgrade that'll let me shred like classic Metallica, at a minimum.

My wife is in the shielding category so should get it by the middle of February. I'm absolutely desperate for her to get it as the consequences of her catching Covid don't bear thinking about. It will be a huge weight off my mind when she gets it. I will probably be a few months behind her getting it as an over 50.
Anti vaccers can f**k off.