Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Will you get the COVID vaccine?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

My wife is in the shielding category so should get it by the middle of February. I'm absolutely desperate for her to get it as the consequences of her catching Covid don't bear thinking about. It will be a huge weight off my mind when she gets it. I will probably be a few months behind her getting it as an over 50.
Anti vaccers can f**k off.

I'm exactly the same. She has emphysema and has much reduced lung function as it is. Covid would undoubtedly kill her.  

I ticked undecided, though not because I haven’t made my mind up, mostly because I have no idea if it will be rolled out here any time soon, and if and when it is, I will be so far down the list it will be a very long time before I get offered anything. Fully intend of adding it to the list of vaccines I have had already, but I’m not 100% sure they will get bother vaccinating everyone outside the high risk groups here.

51 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I ticked undecided, though not because I haven’t made my mind up, mostly because I have no idea if it will be rolled out here any time soon, and if and when it is, I will be so far down the list it will be a very long time before I get offered anything. Fully intend of adding it to the list of vaccines I have had already, but I’m not 100% sure they will get bother vaccinating everyone outside the high risk groups here.

You don't sound "undecided".  

I'm exactly the same. She has emphysema and has much reduced lung function as it is. Covid would undoubtedly kill her.  
Aye it's tough mate. When I read the letter my missus got at the first lockdown it certainly shook me. They certainly didn't pull any punches about how bad it could be if she caught it.

1 hour ago, Erih Shtrep said:

You don't sound "undecided".  

1 hour ago, Andre Drazen said:

Aye. That looks very much "decided" to me.

If offered, I will get it done. I took the undecided option because there wasn’t a suitable alternative that described the situation. I don’t know if I will get the vaccine, but not through my choice.

I went for undecided not because I'm a mad anti vaxxer (haven't noticed any of those cnuts wishing for smallpox, polio and diphtheria back, diseases all prevented by vaccination) but more that I'm at the back of the queue, would prefer the more vulnerable to get it before me and I'm not sure I've ever had flu of whatever stripe in my life. 

That could just mean I'm one of those non symptomatic folk of course rather than having any natural resistance.

We're getting the Chinese vaccine from Sinovac most likely.  Our local Mayor has bought 600,000 vaccines from Pfizer outside of the national effort but that will likely not find its way to the likes of me - poorish and foreign!  I'll take whatever one I can but would prefer the Pfizer one, racist or not. 

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I went for undecided not because I'm a mad anti vaxxer (haven't noticed any of those cnuts wishing for smallpox, polio and diphtheria back, diseases all prevented by vaccination) but more that I'm at the back of the queue, would prefer the more vulnerable to get it before me and I'm not sure I've ever had flu of whatever stripe in my life. 

That could just mean I'm one of those non symptomatic folk of course rather than having any natural resistance.

I think "I never get sick" is the worst reason I've heard yet tbh.