New clubs in the West of Scotland

16 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Surely unless a space becomes available or if clubs fail to meet an improved standard and are kicked out, no other teams should be allowed in without own compliant ground etc....no more of the ground sharing nonsense. 

What exactly is your issue with ground sharing? Or is it because Clydebank groundshare. I’m not denying that’s my suspicion.

3 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

What exactly is your issue with ground sharing? Or is it because Clydebank groundshare. I’m not denying that’s my suspicion.

Nothing to do with Clydebank, on a financial fair play stance how can you think it does not give clubs advantage by not having/maintaining there own facility. With regards to Clydebank they at least a co-tenants in a 3 way split. St Cadocs just rent a pitch, Drumchapel playing out a sports centre where dressing rooms etc...non compliant i.e. not enough showers no toilets etc...according to a couple of club committee guys I have spoke too. 

How much do the likes of a Talbot, Pollok etc...spend on maintaining there facilities each season on top of paying for lets for training. 

The donald dewar is simply not an appropriate venue for this level of football. That is nothing to do with the club the blame lies with the league. 

8 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Nothing to do with Clydebank, on a financial fair play stance how can you think it does not give clubs advantage by not having/maintaining there own facility. With regards to Clydebank they at least a co-tenants in a 3 way split. St Cadocs just rent a pitch, Drumchapel playing out a sports centre where dressing rooms etc...non compliant i.e. not enough showers no toilets etc...according to a couple of club committee guys I have spoke too. 

How much do the likes of a Talbot, Pollok etc...spend on maintaining there facilities each season on top of paying for lets for training. 

The donald dewar is simply not an appropriate venue for this level of football. That is nothing to do with the club the blame lies with the league. 

Clydebank have ground shared over 20 years. Seemingly only becoming noticeable recently.

3 hours ago, amnarab said:

Always thought Stewarton was ideally situated for a WOSL Club.  On train line from Glasgow to Kilmarnock. Several smaller villages on bus route nearby. Not sure about the amateur set up or ground availability. 

Stewarton United applied a couple of years back however the ground was knocked back as it was unsuitable. No spectator areas at the astro pitch they play at I think was the issue.

6 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

In what way are the Donald Dewar changing rooms non compliant? In your opinion what would drumchapel need to do to make the donald dewar an appropriate venue?

28 minutes ago, Hillview said:

In what way are the Donald Dewar changing rooms non compliant? In your opinion what would drumchapel need to do to make the donald dewar an appropriate venue?

Knock it down and re-build it from scratch with something that is spectator friendly.

2 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Knock it down and re-build it from scratch with something that is spectator friendly.

Well somehow I don't think that's gonna happen. So do you have anymore sensible suggestions?

7 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Nothing to do with Clydebank, on a financial fair play stance how can you think it does not give clubs advantage by not having/maintaining there own facility.

Ah yes, I forgot that famously clubs that hire a ground get it for a tenner an hour.

I assume in your world this applies to anyone renting their ground, whether they're renting it from another club, the council or a trust? So Beith are gonners too? 

Drumchapel playing out a sports centre where dressing rooms etc...non compliant i.e. not enough showers no toilets etc...according to a couple of club committee guys I have spoke too. 

Which suggests you're slagging a place you've never even been.

Another toilets myth. Ok, they're not gold-plated, but there are toilets at Drumchapel. Whoever told you that presumably didn't care that they didn't know. 

You like stating opinions as though they're facts. The real facts are, Drumchapel have pitchside standing against a rail, some cover and a few chairs. They have catering by the pitch. They've risen very quickly so there are a lot of grounds in their division that are much better, but what they offer is at least on a par with places like Wishaw, Newmains, Bellshill and Royal Albert, among others. The addition of higher advertising boards and a row of flags on poles has made it feel more enclosed too.

Edited by GordonS