P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Mickey Mouse cup

AH13STU beats DieHardDoonhamer

Absolute chaos of a game with chances at both ends before an error from the towering king let in the home side to strike the killer blow.

Great effort mate, your play has certainly improved since our friendly pre 1st season.

Elrohana vs Beef2711 - draw by agreement.

An odd game - ended up my 2 pawns and rook vs his 3 pawns and bishop - next moves were going to be a series of repetitive moves.

I tried to do the less obvious moves to mix up a bit but my opponent was ready each time.

A good game.

34 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Elrohana vs Beef2711 - draw by agreement.

An odd game - ended up my 2 pawns and rook vs his 3 pawns and bishop - next moves were going to be a series of repetitive moves.

I tried to do the less obvious moves to mix up a bit but my opponent was ready each time.

A good game.

Enjoyed that and delighted with the draw against a tough opponent, find the Panov tough to play against, I play the Caro Kann a lot but rarely face it.

Felt like I was hanging on for a bit and one wrong move from losing, but didn't think I was +4 behind like the analysis shows, the queens and rook(s) coming off the board probably suited me, went into the equivalent of running the clock down and taking the ball into the corner in the rook v bishop end game.

Enjoyed that and delighted with the draw against a tough opponent, find the Panov tough to play against, I play the Caro Kann a lot but rarely face it.
Felt like I was hanging on for a bit and one wrong move from losing, but didn't think I was +4 behind like the analysis shows, the queens and rook(s) coming off the board probably suited me, went into the equivalent of running the clock down and taking the ball into the corner in the rook v bishop end game.
It was always a case of waiting for an error - when I saw that you were not going to do that it was clearly going to be a draw.

Looking back at the analysis - it suggests that swapping the major pieces was the right thing to do - as you say - it was not as big an advantage as the analysis seems to show.

The positioning of your King was key to the draw - one wrong move and I could have swapped off the remaining rook for the bishop and win a pawn race. You were not all tempted by the door I left for your King on the h-file - I was hoping you might lose patience and try to attack my 2 pawns on the f & g files - but you did not fall into that trap.

Div A

ChessBassGuitar beats PurpleKangaroo89 in an epic 66 move marathon. 

A scotch gambit where PurpleKangaroo89 sac'd a piece for a huge attack (when I accepted it thought he'd miscalculated and it wasn't that scary - I was wrong). Luckily for me he misjudged the position slightly and gave me the opportunity to take the queens off, releasing the pressure a bit and letting me activate my pieces into an endgame that was winning for me but needed a lot of effort to prove it! 

Great game, well played. Now for a lie down... 

On 30/05/2021 at 13:57, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thanks, enjoyed that as well, until I got caught at the end with the sucker punch!😀

I think I’ve sent you an invite for our match but if you didn’t either send me one or message here and I’ll resend.

45 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

RicheyEdwards beats arabjoe by checkmate.

Good game. Good luck in your other fixtures. 

Well played - I got myself wedged into a corner and just could not find a way out...

21 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Mickey Mouse cup

AH13STU beats DieHardDoonhamer

Absolute chaos of a game with chances at both ends before an error from the towering king let in the home side to strike the killer blow.

Great effort mate, your play has certainly improved since our friendly pre 1st season.

Cheers. I enjoyed that one, until the second after I hit confirm on my last move! It was another example of just rushing the move, which I felt I had done well not do to in the game up to that point.

Good game.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Cheers. I enjoyed that one, until the second after I hit confirm on my last move! It was another example of just rushing the move, which I felt I had done well not do to in the game up to that point.

Good game.

Know that feeling, did that v Elrohana.