P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

22 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Finally caught up on 10 pages of results 😓

Leagues looking very different now, will get them posted on Friday with the rest of the fixtures 

Tomorrow*..........CUP DRAW - 960, bitches

*if I have time ffs 

What's this shite I keep hearing about League A B teams in League C?

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

In the battle of the European religious nut-jobs, Cardinal Richelieu scored a rare victory against @Bigmouth Strikes Again - who goes under the moniker Strachanowski and what appears to be a picture of Rasputin. 

😀

f**k knows what happened there, leading whole game and then got destroyed on the counter attack.

Well played Cardinal.

Thank you.

ITS THE BETH HARMON SCOTTISH CUP 1st ROUND

Remember, this is 960 Chess

topcateh3 v NotThePars

PnBMathematics v RBWatson

GCarlos9 v Johnnydun418 

Dearyme v cols407

Arabjoe v GordonS496 

AH13STU v DieHardDoonhamer 

Strachanovski v mackieboz

ChessBassGuitar v madwullie

RicheyEdwards v hammysgetinpumped 

Purplekangaroo89 v Dandies1983

Board_Stupid v markf268 

Bri1962 v el_scorgio

Cardinalrichie v AimHere

gkneil v pleslie999 

eindhovendee v invergowrie 

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Elrohana beats Bri1962 - resignation.

A really tight game - thought it was heading for a draw until I positioned my Bishop so his King could just not get at my pawns while my King could support them.Screenshot_20210526-174721_Chess.thumb.jpg.d726a8a016db1ef68dde07b83afce4fa.jpg

These two extra pawns you had made the difference, i tried to exchange the major pieces hoping for a pawn battle as i had got nowhere in my previous games with you. This strategy came a cropper as well........

Well played there again Dundonian.

Edited by keptie

These two extra pawns you had made the difference, i tried to exchange the major pieces hoping for a pawn battle as i had got nowhere in my previous games with you. This strategy came a cropper as well........
Well played there again Dundonian.

Bishop pair vs your bishop-knight combo on a relatively open board made it easier to get that 2 pawn lead.

Division A Round 11 Result

Dearyme and beef2711 draw by agreement. 

It was a Grunfeld but I opted for the more conventional in this game. I think perhaps the f4 push was premature? Although the analysis said it was best. I never really got my central pawns moving and was left with an isolated passed d pawn. I had to be really careful towards the end to stop your 3 pawns v 1 pawn on the queenside. 

A bit of a frustrating game here, didn't really feel like I was ever winning which is frustrating as white. I felt a bit blunted tbh.

Good game @Henderson to deliver .....

Edited by Trogdor

Elrohana beats GordonEF - resignation.

Ziggy was right - having the white pieces was key here - I think it might have been tougher if GordonEF had not swapped his Knight for Bishop on the closed board (see below).

Once I broke through it was a matter of picking off his pawns then swapping off the rooks then my Knight for his Bishop.Screenshot_20210526-215649_Chess.jpgScreenshot_20210526-220332_Chess.jpg

League A

Elrohana beats GordonEF by resignation

More like trench warfare than chess. It took until move 30 for a pawn to either take or be taken. The analysis report shows it was pretty plain sailing for @DeeTillEhDeh and by the end he had me pretty much pinned in the bottom corner with plenty of pawns left. Large periods of that game where i had absolutely no clue what to do with pawns all over the shop.

League A
Elrohana beats GordonEF by resignation
More like trench warfare than chess. It took until move 30 for a pawn to either take or be taken. The analysis report shows it was pretty plain sailing for [mention=22650]DeeTillEhDeh[/mention] and by the end he had me pretty much pinned in the bottom corner with plenty of pawns left. Large periods of that game where i had absolutely no clue what to do with pawns all over the shop.
Playing white was the decider tbqh.

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Division A Round 11 Result

Dearyme and beef2711 draw by agreement. 

It was a Grunfeld but I opted for the more conventional in this game. I think perhaps the f4 push was premature? Although the analysis said it was best. I never really got my central pawns moving and was left with an isolated passed d pawn. I had to be really careful towards the end to stop your 3 pawns v 1 pawn on the queenside. 

A bit of a frustrating game here, didn't really feel like I was ever winning which is frustrating as white. I felt a bit blunted tbh.

Good game @Henderson to deliver .....

Yeah the queenside pawns were promising, but the d pawn was annoying. Could have maybe carried on and tried to get my king involved, but happy with the draw against a good opponent.