P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

2 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Div A

ChessBassGuitar beats beef2711

Good game, was tight for ages. King safety made the difference in the end. 

Yes, well played. You were slightly ahead, but blundering the rook there sealed the deal. 

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Yes, well played. You were slightly ahead, but blundering the rook there sealed the deal. 

Enjoyed that, thanks. I couldn't quite see how I was going to find my way through without your queen creating some threats - although I think my rook was coming to the 7th with a big attack - but like you say the blunder killed it. Cheers

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Ditto, can we still castle in 960?

Yes, explanation here

https://support.chess.com/article/347-chess960-fischer-random-chess

Basically, if your king and rook haven't moved, you're not moving through, out of, or into check (like normal) then you can still castle. King and rook end up in the same squares as they would from the traditional game. 

Simples. 😳

Cup: RBWatson beats @mathematics
by checkmate.

A shock in the first round of the cup as the top flight side fall to the off-form seaside league outfit.

Somewhat lucky after hopelessly failing to trap your queen; the pawn that I though I'd wandered into a useless and counterproductive position ended up being pivotal.

Good game.

Just now, Uncle Psychosis said:

Yes, explanation here

https://support.chess.com/article/347-chess960-fischer-random-chess

Basically, if your king and rook haven't moved, you're not moving through, out of, or into check (like normal) then you can still castle. King and rook end up in the same squares as they would from the traditional game. 

Simples. 😳

Does that apply if my King is on g1 and Rook on h1 to start? With f1 empty. Could I castle and get my king on g1 and rook on f1?

I best read the explanation tbh.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Does that apply if my King is on g1 and Rook on h1 to start? With f1 empty. Could I castle and get my king on g1 and rook on f1?

I best read the explanation tbh.

I *think* the initial positions are such that casting both sides is always allowed, but honestly I don't know

Aye, I noticed that this morning. Bizarre. It just takes one look at my record to see that if I was cheating, I'm fairly terrible at it as I've lost something like 8 of my last 10 games.

They've sent me an e-mail saying I can appeal it or apologise and create a new account. I've appealed it, but I'm not too bothered if they reject it as I'm trying to stop playing chess! Those 3 minute games have become an addiction from when I should be working!

I had an incident about a week or so ago where a guy I was playing started trash talking saying he was 'going to report' me. Wonder if that has anything to do with it. 

ETA: I did get a time out for talking nonsense back to that guy. I just assumed they meant cheating rather than being a wind up merchant which I do have a tendency to do tbf.

Edited by Ludo*1

And in the match pitting Hammysgettingsmashed vs Cardinal Richelieu, @101 did a lovely move where he gained a material advantage, but then it all ground to a shuddering halt with a stalemate (and a draw). All my fault, since I was the one parking the bus, but I need the points. Halfs all round.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And in the match pitting Hammysgettingsmashed vs Cardinal Richelieu, @101 did a lovely move where he gained a material advantage, but then it all ground to a shuddering halt with a stalemate (and a draw). All my fault, since I was the one parking the bus, but I need the points. Halfs all round.

Apparently I had a missed win as well, I'm annoyed at myself but really enjoyed the game end to end stuff!

12 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

Cup: RBWatson beats @mathematics
by checkmate.

A shock in the first round of the cup as the top flight side fall to the off-form seaside league outfit.

Somewhat lucky after hopelessly failing to trap your queen; the pawn that I though I'd wandered into a useless and counterproductive position ended up being pivotal.

Good game.

Took me to move two to realise the pieces weren’t in the normal order! 😂 As for the shock, well, not so sure about that. I belong many places below where I am. I’ll get there, rapidly.

Edited by mathematics