P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

On 14/04/2023 at 22:12, Frank Grimes said:

I don’t think we did 

The one time the playoff actually makes a difference, and it didn't get played! Any way you can pleslie99 can sort out quickly which of you ends up in league A or B? I suspect a daily game won't cut it, since pleslie's move rate is currenlty about 2-3 moves per day.

@Frank Grimes @pleslie99

37 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The one time the playoff actually makes a difference, and it didn't get played! Any way you can pleslie99 can sort out quickly which of you ends up in league A or B? I suspect a daily game won't cut it, since pleslie's move rate is currenlty about 2-3 moves per day.

@Frank Grimes @pleslie99

Ok let’s see what he says 👍🏻

10 hours ago, Aim Here said:

@Frank Grimes @pleslie99

9 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Ok let’s see what he says 👍🏻

Yeah sorry I totally forgot about it. I’m snowed under just now hence the slow move rate. I’m happy to concede tbh, otherwise can arrange a time for a quicker move game? 

3 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

I know we’d like to think we are all honest players here, but is there any way of checking to see if there’s potential engine usage for some games? 

chess.com has anti-cheat detection implicitly in place as part of their platform anyways, and if I recall correctly, three P&B league players have been banned from the website for cheating (including a couple of league winners). IIRC, they have all denied cheating, so make of that what you will.

Edited by Aim Here

22 hours ago, Aim Here said:

chess.com has anti-cheat detection implicitly in place as part of their platform anyways, and if I recall correctly, three P&B league players have been banned from the website for cheating (including a couple of league winners). IIRC, they have all denied cheating, so make of that what you will.

@SweeperDee  @Aim Here

Here's an example I got recently from chess.com, although it didn't specify which game or games it was questioning, and I should state that I was also playing my son at that time. 

image.png.ee7e06f10cd110ac1fabee2bc260f2c7.png

Edited by free beer
add tags