P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

53 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

P&B Chess Cup

Quarter-Final Draw

Me: "Fancy doing the draw for me?"

Bairn: "Sure"

Me (5 mins later): "No, not like that!"

chess23_quarterfinal_smaller.jpg.7aa5f95bd4e74fc3f6fb2bc50d41bdfa.jpg

So that's...

@pleslie99 v @Aim Here

@ancientnoise v @Curmudgeon

@free beer v @IncomingExile

And

@Leicesterlichtie or @true_rover v @Albino Rover

Spreadsheet updated:

https://tinyurl.com/3dmyw45h

Best of luck, and we'll go for the swap-colour-and-blitz-format for any replays, should they arise.

Invitation sent to @Curmudgeon. Just whenever you are ready good sir.

Please ground your bairn for the next 6 years and take away all their pocket money……… 

my only hope is if aimhere somehow gets tied in his basement for 24 hours and gets timed out

just to clarify to the court, if that happens it is 100% not me that’s guilty………

Sorry about the delay, but I've been a bit sidetracked with work and other issues.

I count 17 returnees for Season 8 of the league, which I'll calculate and start in the next few days.

AimHere
beef2711
Basedgodsa1nt
Board_Stupid
N5_Spur
XCTR94
PurpleKangaroo89
RBWatson
AH13STU
IncomingExile
PnbMathematics
AlbinoRov
Arabjoe
ancientnoise
KenDeans
markf268
The_kid1433

--

It's still not too late to sign up and all-comers are welcome. In case it's slipped the mind of some previous players, I'm pinging names from the last couple of chess seasons, who haven't confirmed or denied participation in Season 8 of the Chess League. Any of you guys up for more chess?

@invergowrie arab, @pleslie99, @Frank Grimes, @Stellaboz, @free beer, @Ziggy, @Trogdor, @gkneil and @Bigmouth Strikes Again

35 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Sorry about the delay, but I've been a bit sidetracked with work and other issues.

I count 17 returnees for Season 8 of the league, which I'll calculate and start in the next few days.

AimHere
beef2711
Basedgodsa1nt
Board_Stupid
N5_Spur
XCTR94
PurpleKangaroo89
RBWatson
AH13STU
IncomingExile
PnbMathematics
AlbinoRov
Arabjoe
ancientnoise
KenDeans
markf268
The_kid1433

--

It's still not too late to sign up and all-comers are welcome. In case it's slipped the mind of some previous players, I'm pinging names from the last couple of chess seasons, who haven't confirmed or denied participation in Season 8 of the Chess League. Any of you guys up for more chess?

@invergowrie arab, @pleslie99, @Frank Grimes, @Stellaboz, @free beer, @Ziggy, @Trogdor, @gkneil and @Bigmouth Strikes Again

I’m in

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

AimHere
beef2711
Basedgodsa1nt
Board_Stupid
N5_Spur
XCTR94
PurpleKangaroo89
RBWatson
AH13STU
IncomingExile
PnbMathematics
AlbinoRov
Arabjoe
ancientnoise
KenDeans
markf268
The_kid1433

--

Too much stress going on just now, without this.

No thank you.

Thank you.

On 11/04/2023 at 20:15, Aim Here said:

AimHere
beef2711
Basedgodsa1nt
Board_Stupid
N5_Spur
XCTR94
PurpleKangaroo89
RBWatson
AH13STU
IncomingExile
PnbMathematics
AlbinoRov
Arabjoe
ancientnoise
KenDeans
markf268
The_kid1433

--

Just reconfirming I'm in for Season 8 @Aim Here

Cup Quarter final, stewartmathers v IncomingExile. 

In what must surely be the shock of the decade, IncomingExi..................... nah, only joking. A predictable win for the newly promoted stewartmathers/freebeer who never had to break sweat. 

I had to sacrifice a rook in something like move seventeen when I belatedly spotted a potential mate in two, but from there I thought I was doing a bit of half-decent defence until a characteristic queen blunder opened up a triple fork for his knight, and at that point it was all over. Still managed a couple of checks of my own but only in the way that a cat will let a mouse creep under the sideboard........ 

Well played and good luck in the semi-final. 

23 minutes ago, IncomingExile said:

Cup Quarter final, stewartmathers v IncomingExile. 

In what must surely be the shock of the decade, IncomingExi..................... nah, only joking. A predictable win for the newly promoted stewartmathers/freebeer who never had to break sweat. 

I had to sacrifice a rook in something like move seventeen when I belatedly spotted a potential mate in two, but from there I thought I was doing a bit of half-decent defence until a characteristic queen blunder opened up a triple fork for his knight, and at that point it was all over. Still managed a couple of checks of my own but only in the way that a cat will let a mouse creep under the sideboard........ 

Well played and good luck in the semi-final. 

Pretty even match until I attacked your rook with my bishop while setting up mate for my next move, which you averted well. The knight fork on your Queen, Rook, King, (and one of your pawns!) on move 25 sent the home crowd into raptures, and chants of "we can see you sneaking out" soon followed, as your faithful away supporters made an early exit.

Most enjoyable match, and good luck with Season 8!