Celtic v super saints 30/01/21

The first was scored by Dennis, the second by Durmas! Great performance and I we fully merited the 3 points. Shat myself at the end when Duffy got that header but Jak Alnwick was well placed. Celtic didn't get much all afternoon and Jim got his tactics and subs spot on. This was no smash and grab and we didn't really come under much pressure bar the last 5 minutes and a wee 5 minutes before Obika came on. 

I know the stories will be about how shite Celtic are, how poor some of their players are and how badly coached they are under Lennon, and they are all these things but we deserve credit for the performance we put in today.

Edited by flyingscot

What a few days for St Mirren fans and yet so cruel that they weren't there. Biggest away win in 35 years then first win at Celtic in nearly as long. 

They've been threatening to be a decent team for a while under Goodwin. Maybe this is finally the start.

6 minutes ago, DMCs said:

He's here till the end of the season don't worry. You'll need to win both games to get 2nd though. 

I know that, and I also know that it’s highly unlikely. However, with Lennon in charge we have a chance.

Just now, Radford said:

What a few days for St Mirren fans and yet so cruel that they weren't there. Biggest away win in 35 years then first win at Celtic in nearly as long. 

They've been threatening to be a decent team for a while under Goodwin. Maybe this is finally the start.

I mentioned it on the St. Mirren thread last week, this is what we do...we go through fits and spells of being all sugar or all shite.

I don't think the size of the opportunity can be downplayed now. We have 7 of our next 8 games at home which is almost a unique situation. The downside is that it's in the space of only 4 weeks and will most certainly take a bit of a toll towards the end when the more 'winnable' games (if there's such a thing in this league) roll around.

9 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

The first was scored by Dennis, the second by Durmas! Great performance and I we fully merited the 3 points. Shat myself at the end when Duffy got that header but Jak Alnwick was well placed. Celtic didn't get much all afternoon and Jim got his tactics and subs spot on. This was no smash and grab and we didn't really come under much pressure bar the last 5 minutes and a wee 5 minutes before Obika came on. 

I know the stories will be about how shite Celtic are, how poor some of their players are and how badly coached they are under Lennon, and they are all these things but we deserve credit for the performance we put in today.

The first was scored by Dennis,

The second by Durmas,

The team that got Mowbray the sack,

Has claimed another ‘bass.