Super saints v Hibees 02/02/21

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Jack Ross has looked like a seething mess all night. What have yous done to him, Hibees?

He probably knew Paul Mcginn was going to gift you a goal to give you some hope of a point.

St Mirren are a decent team, and kudos to Goodwin for staying attack minded.

I have no problem with the Jambo Slayer getting a goal in these circumstances either 1362085742_Screenshot2020-12-07at08_49_39.png.a8eddec94f720c66a7b1d7b5e8ac83d5.png

I sacked it off at the red card. I wasn't quite feeling the way we were lined up to start with: Durmus on the wrong side for me. 

Still, splitting hairs. Clear red card added goals to what looked the most stick-on 0-0 I've seen for a while.

Really would quite like to beat a Jack Ross team one day. Maybe after the split.

56 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Typical St Mirren win at Tannadice and parkhead then throw the game away against a very ordinary Hibs.

We are on the Champions League trajectory m9, I will take that ordinariness any day of the week.

Spoiler

In fact, thats a fucking lie, I would have preferred to be in the final of one of the cups we shat out of

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Typical St Mirren win at Tannadice and parkhead then throw the game away against a very ordinary Hibs.

Sending off decided it. Looked even up until then. Strongly disagree that we threw it away. If someone had offered you six points from Arabs & Celtic away, and Hibs at home in advance, would you have signed for it? I would have, in two seconds flat. Big game at the weekend now against a Killie side who are collapsing against Celtic tonight.... just need to keep 11 on the field and take it from there.

We were never losing that game tonight with 11 vs 11 and a couple of moments of madness swung it away from us.

However, we benefitted from a similar scenario against St. Johnstone several weeks ago where they had a man sent off in a game we'd likely never have won had it been 11 vs 11. These things happen.

I might not have been so pragmatic had we not taken 6 unexpected points on the road last week but oh well, here we are.

While I can't be too harsh, after all we've actually played alright and certainly had some decent results recently, but that's not the first time Shaughnessy has caused mayhem from a sloppy back pass. Alnwick might have done better but he was given a hospital pass. I thought Lyness wasn't too bad, so let's hope he does us a turn for the next game or two depending on how that red card is perceived.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

While I can't be too harsh, after all we've actually played alright and certainly had some decent results recently, but that's not the first time Shaughnessy has caused mayhem from a sloppy back pass. Alnwick might have done better but he was given a hospital pass.

It was Doyle-Hayes who was short with the back pass not Shaughnessy.

28 minutes ago, Ric said:

While I can't be too harsh, after all we've actually played alright and certainly had some decent results recently, but that's not the first time Shaughnessy has caused mayhem from a sloppy back pass. Alnwick might have done better but he was given a hospital pass. I thought Lyness wasn't too bad, so let's hope he does us a turn for the next game or two depending on how that red card is perceived.

Jack Doyle-Hayes, you probably think this post is about you.

12 hours ago, Leith Green said:

We are on the Champions League trajectory m9, I will take that ordinariness any day of the week.

Reveal hidden contents

In fact, thats a fucking lie, I would have preferred to be in the final of one of the cups we shat out of

6 points behind Celtic and they have two games in hand?

38 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Colour me astonished that Marcus Fraser was penalized for pulling someone back in the box.

You might not be seeing the wood for the trees here, as Fraser, in the round has been a pretty decent performer for us. A little slow start but has progressed in the stripes. I think most County fans felt he'd maybe run his race and needed a new challenge to get the best out of him and that looks to be the case. I doubt you'll find many Saints fans having a bad word for him.

As for the penalty, it was soft to say the least. Murphy tumbled to ground when he realised he'd over run his position.