Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

Personally, I don't really care whether it's 18 or 22. I don't think either really represents as a big a problem as their opponents are making out. The only reason I can think of that clubs are wedded to 22 is if it came up in discussions that enough clubs were opposed to 18 (on the grounds that they think it's less likely they'll be able to get to whatever position in the league they're aiming for).

Aye, not following that "get it up Doncaster" angle. Clubs are making their own bed here and will have to lie in it, Doncaster has made his concerns known and is now happy to let us go ahead (if rumours are to be believed). Not sure where his feet are being held to the fire. 

Some clubs have clearly stood firm on the 22 games thing (Partick, Forfar and Clyde being my guesses) and others have agreed to it knowing that fitting in the full schedule is a complete no-go. I suppose one positive is that it appears all clubs have now tested their players and had a training session and we've not heard of any positive cases. We just need to hope any positive cases are minimal and that clubs are following protocol. If there's a big outbreak across a couple of sides then the game's a bogey. 

Beyond the end of players contracts you mean?

I understood that the cut off date for some of the player contracts was 9th June. Of course there may be some players who couldn’t play, but I don’t have an issue with that. We are putting too many barriers around getting the games done.

It's absolutely nailed on no-one within the SPFL, least of all Doncaster, is feeling any pressure. He was selected for being impervious to pressure or any of the emotion others will feel.

If the solution implemented doesn't succeed he will be absolutely confident of side stepping any blame. 

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

I understood that the cut off date for some of the player contracts was 9th June. Of course there may be some players who couldn’t play, but I don’t have an issue with that. We are putting too many barriers around getting the games done.

I am pleased you don't think some players not playing isn't an issue. I can imagine what will happen if a club in a relegation/promotion place watches a rival play a weakened team because 2/3/4/5 first team players just went out of contract. I would say the biggest barrier has been a pandemic. The season is ruined. Null and Void.

7 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I am pleased you don't think some players not playing isn't an issue. I can imagine what will happen if a club in a relegation/promotion place watches a rival play a weakened team because 2/3/4/5 first team players just went out of contract. I would say the biggest barrier has been a pandemic. The season is ruined. Null and Void.

Fionn Ryan on Twitter: "I use to say Fuck off, but now i say that's  nice#Mrs brown's boys. http://t.co/CumcdcuaBW"

You realise this was a problem across Europe last year that is very easily fudged out of existence? You just get the players to extend their contract for a few weeks at the same salary and nearly all will agree.

One or two may opt out, but so be it.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

You realise this was a problem across Europe last year that is very easily fudged out of existence? You just get the players to extend their contract for a few weeks at the same salary and nearly all will agree.

One or two may opt out, but so be it.

Probably. But if you were Robert of Airdrie with an offer on the table would you extend and risk an injury? I wouldn't.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm still not 100% clear what the 22 game proposals involve. I get playing to 18 then split into 2x5. Does the next 4 games replace the play offs, or does 2-4 then play off with club 9 in the division above?

Eta, I think I worked it out. These (games 19-22) would be play offs to get in to the play offs.

Sarge,  I think you've cracked it...

2 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Probably. But if you were Robert of Airdrie with an offer on the table would you extend and risk an injury? I wouldn't.

Thomas Robert is signed up to the end of season 21\22 ,   but I get the analogy ,   feel free to quite the rest of our players who will be free agents at said time..

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm still not 100% clear what the 22 game proposals involve. I get playing to 18 then split into 2x5. Does the next 4 games replace the play offs, or does 2-4 then play off with club 9 in the division above?

Eta, I think I worked it out. These (games 19-22) would be play offs to get in to the play offs.

Games 19-22 would be for one loser as one team would be automatic promotion and 3 in the play offs

By feck 2nd and 3rd will be sick of the sight of each other having played each other 3 times in a few weeks if the 22 gets the go ahead

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Personally, I don't really care whether it's 18 or 22. I don't think either really represents as a big a problem as their opponents are making out. The only reason I can think of that clubs are wedded to 22 is if it came up in discussions that enough clubs were opposed to 18 (on the grounds that they think it's less likely they'll be able to get to whatever position in the league they're aiming for).

22 games gives Clyde 15 plus games in 10 weeks, they have a cup tie with an excellent chance to progress and if they are in a play off position 2 games within a week and possibly 4 in 2 weeks if succesful.

After a long lay off, I dont think the ideal scenario is the chance of 15/16/17 games in 10 weeks and thats without play offs.

18 games is for sure the sensible option, wiggle room if cup runs happen or covid

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

a play off position 2 games within a week and possibly 4 in 2 weeks if succesful.

After a long lay off, I dont think the ideal scenario is the chance of 15/16/17 games in 10 weeks and thats without play offs.

Yeah, totally accept it's not ideal but I suppose my point is more that none of this is ideal and I don't think either option is totally unworkable if there was a bit of will to do it.

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Games 19-22 would be for one loser as one team would be automatic promotion and 3 in the play offs

By feck 2nd and 3rd will be sick of the sight of each other having played each other 3 times in a few weeks if the 22 gets the go ahead

22 games gives Clyde 15 plus games in 10 weeks, they have a cup tie with an excellent chance to progress and if they are in a play off position 2 games within a week and possibly 4 in 2 weeks if succesful.

18 games is for sure the sensible option, wiggle room if cup runs happen or covid

There's no good way of finishing the season, just the least bad. I suppose 2nd after 22 could play the play off with the club from the division above, but I can't see potential 3rd and 4th swallowing that.

10 hours ago, Passionate said:

I personally think the clubs are quite rightly  holding Doncaster and co  feet to the 🔥,  they have constantly hidden behind Scot gov and showed a general apathy to lower league football throughout this and probably next season to, The clubs have made t here decision and expect it to be threatened as usual , The silence is deafening......

Why would Doncaster care?