Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Extremely unlikely league 1 will be null and void (falkirk and partick locks to not vote for that)

Extremely unlikely league 1 will agree to an 18 game season (enough clubs close to relegation spots wouldn’t want that)

27 game season seems almost impossible given the time frame.

Could this be the cause of a black hole? 

If there's no agreement on either an 18 game campaign or support for the precise 27 game schedule then a voting deadlock is a de facto null and void decision. Every week spent talking and not playing makes it less practical to come to any other solution.

The proof of intentions will come out soon enough but I would not place too much confidence in your two club 'veto' sticking of its own accord right now. 

Edited by vikingTON

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

If there's no agreement on either an 18 game campaign or support for the precise 27 game schedule then a voting deadlock is a de facto null and void decision. Every week spent talking and not playing makes it less practical to come to any other solution.

The proof of intentions will come out soon enough but I would not place too much confidence in your two club 'veto' sticking of its own accord right now. 

It isn’t a “veto”.

It’s a desire for football clubs to play football, and a desire for a season to be completed after it had started. I know that concept seems absolutely terrifying to you, but despite your attempts to rubbish the very idea of it at every opportunity, it may happen.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

It isn’t a “veto”.

It’s a desire for football clubs to play football, and a desire for a season to be completed after it had started. I know that concept seems absolutely terrifying to you, but despite your attempts to rubbish the very idea of it at every opportunity, it may happen.

^^^Patron Saint of Football.

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

It isn’t a “veto”.

You yourself specifically said that Falkirk and Partick would be voting against null and void to prevent it from happening. That's the literal fucking definition of a 'veto' champ.

The problem that your clubs face IMHO is that without a viable solution that the majority of the division clubs are happy with, that opposition doesn't actually count for much. If the games aren't going ahead then null and void comes down the chute regardless. 

Perhaps your old chums in the other leagues would be asked to break the final deadlock as well. Just let that sink in.

Edited by vikingTON

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

I don't necessarily think this is the case. Every club agreed to play this season, and as a division they agreed to a 27 game scheduled. The clubs rejected any notion of the SPFL board making decisions for them, and nobody proposed an alternative solution.

Therefore my reading of the situation is that if the league is given permission to return, the 27 game season is the default situation. Essentially all the fixtures between January and the restart will have just been postponed and will have to be rescheduled to get the season done. Obviously at some point that will become impractical, but I don't think we're there yet. Clearly playing out the full season would be daft, but it is practically possible and to me remains the default unless the clubs can agree on a different path.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

So we NEED to get started training in the next 2 weeks.....

Lower league football, I believe cant resume before 26th of April. Lets just say we get special dispensation from government to get in to train 2 weeks before that date, doesn't leave too much time to get much game time in.

Guest The Phoenix
37 minutes ago, virginton said:

As things stand 20 Clubs support a 27 game schedule.

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't necessarily think this is the case. Every club agreed to play this season, and as a division they agreed to a 27 game scheduled. The clubs rejected any notion of the SPFL board making decisions for them, and nobody proposed an alternative solution.

Therefore my reading of the situation is that if the league is given permission to return, the 27 game season is the default situation. Essentially all the fixtures between January and the restart will have just been postponed and will have to be rescheduled to get the season done. Obviously at some point that will become impractical, but I don't think we're there yet. Clearly playing out the full season would be daft, but it is practically possible and to me remains the default unless the clubs can agree on a different path.

Not convinced that this would prove the case. Firstly, there has to be some sort of decision made on the gap between a resumption of training and games being scheduled again. If Dumbarton for example reckon it will take three weeks to get their squad up to speed, but Partick fancy returning within ten days, whose preference wins out?

Secondly on the point in bold above, AFAIK there's no current mechanism for deciding the cut-off between what is practical and what is not.  Some part-time clubs may argue that asking them to do 3-4 games per week is already impractical and that wasn't what they actually signed up for at all. 

I'd be surprised if the SPFL was prepared to slap down dates to resolve those two issues without the consent of the clubs involved. I just don't see what's in it for Doncaster or any other executive to weigh in on that matter. Which rather removes the '27 games is default' argument from the table, if they can't actually decide on a schedule. 

Edited by vikingTON

Guest The Phoenix
1 minute ago, virginton said:

Not convinced that this would prove the case. Firstly, there has to be some sort of decision made on the gap between a resumption of training and games being scheduled again. If Dumbarton for example reckon it will take three weeks to get their squad up to speed, but Partick fancy returning within ten days, whose preference wins out?

Secondly on the point above, AFAIK there's no current mechanism for deciding the cut-off between what is practical and what is not.  Some part-time clubs may argue that asking them to do 3-4 games per week is impractical and that wasn't what they actually signed up for at all. 

I'd be surprised if the SPFL was prepared to slap down dates to resolve those two issues without the consent of the clubs involved. Which removes the '27 games is default' argument from the table. 

I’ll try and make it simpler for you.

Assuming the green light is given, the SPFL will release a 27 game schedule.

It will require a minimum of  8 clubs in a League to agree on a different way forward. 

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A line was drawn under the Championship. That might be right or wrong, however what couldn't happen was drawing a line through a division isolating some members from others. Maybe it should have been drawn under the Premiership, maybe it should all have been suspended.

Part time teams in the Championship have been fortunate. Full time teams below that less fortunate.

Fair point. We both agree though that Alloa and Arbroath have received preferential treatment over every other team in Scotland.

I’m not sure what the answer is but that’s not right.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair point. We both agree though that Alloa and Arbroath have received preferential treatment over every other team in Scotland.

I’m not sure what the answer is but that’s not right.

What can you do? When I said fortunate, I meant where the line was drawn for suspension. They are in the division on merit so they got the benefit of that..

Null and void just isn't an option. The way last season was handled was a disgrace as well and that shouldn't be repeated. The season should restart as soon as possible, there's no good reason to suspend games any longer. Scottish football is just a complete farce if they decide null and void.

I don't agree with voting on this matter either, club's only vote in consideration of their own interests. 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What can you do? When I said fortunate, I meant where the line was drawn for suspension. They are in the division on merit so they got the benefit of that..

Yip not sure what you can do. Be interesting to see what happens if Alloa finish bottom ??

It defo proves the benefit of having a member on the SPFL board though.