Super saints v Accies 17/02/21

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

MacPherson has been fucking shite in this second half. So wasteful.

He always seems to take a touch too many. Then gives away a free kick chasing after it. I think Erwin, MacPherson and McAllister really do give it their all, but they are real downgrades in the guys who normally keep them out.

Just now, GAD said:

He always seems to take a touch too many. Then gives away a free kick chasing after it. I think Erwin, MacPherson and McAllister really do give it their all, but they are real downgrades in the guys who normally keep them out.

I can still make arguments for Cammy and Kyle, but I'm struggling with Erwin.

FT 1-1
Meh, frustrating night all round I suppose. Did say before the game that a draw wouldn’t be a bad result for either side and it isn’t. We’re back in sixth with a game in hand on 7th and 8th.
Do feel the game was there for the winning though, particularly after we got ourselves ahead through a well worked goal.
We just seemed to lose control of the game for the period before and after the Accies goal and that’s cost us two points. Lack of options on the bench definitely played a part too.
Accies are a tough nut and probably just about worth their point overall. I hope they stay up and I think they will.

Just now, GAD said:

Totally agree, without the injuries that's three guys who'd be on the bench, unfortunately they all play in fairly important areas for creativity and goal scoring. 

Happy with that. That's by far the best St. Mirren team I've watched in a long time but Accies matched them, particularly in the 2nd half, and I think we were fully deserving of our point.

I've called for Rice to go on many occaision but it looks like he's turned it round and our standout players are all additions he's made (Anderson, Callachan, Odoffin and A. Martin).

Easy 3 points against Hibs on Saturday.

I think that’s a fair result, we were far too sloppy and wasteful second half and Accies deserved their goal when it came. Durmus was by far our best player, Fraser and Alnwick did well too.

There’s a noticeable lack of quality at times with the injuries at the moment. Erwin, MacPherson and McAllister have to be much, much better than that. Flynn should have been on much earlier and in a more advanced position.

20 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Erwin’s first touch is destroying my soul. Need to get Flynn on to calm things down in the middle.

That’s what I was coming on to say, his first touch is shambolic for a professional football player. Even the times he does manage to control it, he then over runs it and gets it taken off him. He did actually have a few good touches, mostly in the first half, but he’s a weak link in our attack.