Super saints v Accies 17/02/21

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

20210218_011106.thumb.jpg.c19d6f96bc453bab2a06d6b3c55a6a53.jpg

Easton playing him on very clearly. That's hugely disappointing as it should certainly have counted. 

Thought it was onside after seeing the replay on Saints TV, even with the camera angle as bad as it is. The ball has actually left Frasers foot in that screen grab, so Obika would have been even further onside when the ball was initially struck. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Thought it was onside after seeing the replay on Saints TV, even with the camera angle as bad as it is. The ball has actually left Frasers foot in that screen grab, so Obika would have been even further onside when the ball was initially struck. 

How do you know Eastons foot was in that position when the ball was struck?

How can you tell that Obika isn't leaning beyond Easton?

That angle is absolutely shite for trying to determine whether he's offside or not IMO.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That angle is absolutely shite for trying to determine whether he's offside or not IMO.

I actually agree with this. They're both leaning in different directions, it's impossible to say with certainty whether he's on of offside from that still. 

Not even contentious bro.

Some of you might have noticed, as I did, that Kyle McAllister lasted the full 90 minutes for us tonight.
I had to lookup on Soccerbase to find out the last time it happened.
Spoiler

PlayOff final 1st leg v DU

Will probably be a sub on Saturday.

I noticed that too. However I think he was only kept on as there was no-one to replace him. He was posted missing for most of the second half as he does not have the stamina to work for 90 mins even though he may be on the park for that length of time.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Behave. The Accies defender is significantly further into the box. Even his front (right) foot is playing Obika onside.

Still doesn't make me want VAR, though.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Behave. The Accies defender is significantly further into the box. Even his front (right) foot is playing Obika onside.

Still doesn't make me want VAR, though.

If you go by their feet, yes, but thats not how offside works.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you go by their feet, yes, but thats not how offside works.

Agreed. From the picture posted it *looks* as though Obika is onside, but due to his upper body leaning ahead of his feet, it's impossible to tell from that angle.

I suspect he probably was onside, but that picture certainly doesn't prove it.

40 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:
Some of you might have noticed, as I did, that Kyle McAllister lasted the full 90 minutes for us tonight.
I had to lookup on Soccerbase to find out the last time it happened.
Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

PlayOff final 1st leg v DU

Will probably be a sub on Saturday.

I noticed that too. However I think he was only kept on as there was no-one to replace him. He was posted missing for most of the second half as he does not have the stamina to work for 90 mins even though he may be on the park for that length of time.

My thoughts too, I also think Flynn must fall into a similar category, his sparing use since returning against Dundee Utd makes me think he's not up to two full games per week, the quicker we can hobble past these next three games the better. 

Edited by btb

I thought it looked onside at the time and the still does nothing to dispel that notion.

I do however feel the assistant's flag was up even before Obika headed it back because the Hamilton players seemed to give up defending it. Not that we see the flag, and maybe that was just Hamilton defending in general.

I said this right after the game and I'm going to repeat it, we very much look a side that's been playing a lot of games in a short period of time. The positive is that we don't look mentally gone though, there still seems to be the desire to fight, just the legs aren't as willing.

A win against Livi, on Sat, would make all the difference I feel. Whether we'll get it is a different matter.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I was working on the basis that both players' upper bodies are connected to their feet.

I don't know why you bother, to use a vT mannerism he's scrambling for relevance here.

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

I thought it looked onside at the time and the still does nothing to dispel that notion.

I do however feel the assistant's flag was up even before Obika headed it back because the Hamilton players seemed to give up defending it. Not that we see the flag, and maybe that was just Hamilton defending in general.

I said this right after the game and I'm going to repeat it, we very much look a side that's been playing a lot of games in a short period of time. The positive is that we don't look mentally gone though, there still seems to be the desire to fight, just the legs aren't as willing.

A win against Livi, on Sat, would make all the difference I feel. Whether we'll get it is a different matter.

I doubt Goodwin will come through many more challenging seasons than this as a manager; I'm sure he'll emerge all the better for it, too. That we're even in the half-decent shape we're in is basically incredible. We definitely need some serious luck on the injury front if we're making the top six - by which point, if it happens, we're going to be totally knackered and will get pumped all over the place.

22 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I was working on the basis that both players' upper bodies are connected to their feet.

😂

f**k knows how you ever pick anything up off the floor if your head is always perfectly level with your feet.

What's weird is it literally goes from Anderson's goal to Rice and Goodwin fist bumping at the final whistle. They missed out 20 minutes from the game where there were quite a few "highlights" not least the disallowed goal.