Motherwell Crocked 11 v League Cup Finalist Perth Saints 20 Feb

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Starting to think playing 17 games in February wasn't a great move

We didn’t play on Wednesday, probably had a thunderdome training session, followed by a dodgy paneer curry resulting in food poisoning through the squad.

26 minutes ago, Swello said:

Not something that matters in any meaningful way but I wonder who will be our Captain today - Watt? 

Aye, Watt listed as captain. 

Very tough afternoon in store for young Johnston. Ideally the youngsters come into the team with some experience beside them to help and coach them through. Not much in the way of that for the lad today, especially with Magloire making his first start too. 

I'm away to the Willie Hills site to see if I can cash my fiver back out before this shitshow even starts!! 

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Starting to think playing 17 games in February wasn't a great move

This 

I wondered whether forcing us to play the two Covid games in Feb would backfire ?  Obvs we won the 1st one v Killie but as the innocent party 😡

Edited by welldaft

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

But it fits entirely with the narrative of the rest of the season. A player being optimistic about his return date is nothing new.  Nobody benefits from a player sitting out his contract, not the player, not the club, not the national team, not any team considering signing a malcontent.  It’s nonsense.

Perhaps and I don’t know what the reason would be for him to sit out ‘injured’ but it seems strange nonetheless.

Who knows? Maybe the club do see the benefit of him not playing as that would mean they don’t have to fork out for appearance fees and, dare I say it, an automatic contract extension....

Edited by MJC

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Polworth coming in to the team with a point to prove, a couple of full debuts, as good a keeper as we have had in recent times, our strongest front three.  Reasons to be cheerful?

Plus your luck with youngsters means Johnston will be sold to Arsenal in 12 months for £20m and be Scotlands undisputed RB for the next 10 years.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

I see the black sheet has been moved along the stand a bit, I hope it is in front of my seat by the time we get back.

They should just pop the crush barriers back up and we'll say no more about it

I though we only had 8 or so players out(still alot) but 15! I'm guessing that if we have any more injuries then we might have to start recalling players? I don't think there are may players out on loan right now as well.

I think we’ve already recalled all our loan players due to the lower leagues shutting down. Semple is definitely back from Cove and Morrison came back from Falkirk and is on the bench.