How Do We Solve a Problem Like Obesity?

I’m always surprised that when someone (regularly ayrmad) makes a c**t of it, and are told as much by literally every single other contributor to the discussion, that they just double down and claim everyone else is wrong.

I think I’d have the self-awareness that if I was making an argument to a room of 20 people, and was being told by every single one of them that I was wrong, I’d actually go back and have a look at what I’ve said and realise rather than just doubling down.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m always surprised that when someone (regularly ayrmad) makes a c**t of it, and are told as much by literally every single other contributor to the discussion, that they just double down and claim everyone else is wrong.

I think I’d have the self-awareness that if I was making an argument to a room of 20 people, and was being told by every single one of them that I was wrong, I’d actually go back and have a look at what I’ve said and realise rather than just doubling down.

Don't you realise? It's not his fault that absolutely everyone else is a moron and isn't up to his esteemed high standards.

Edited by Rugster

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

He knows this.

Ayrmad has one of these spells every so often. Makes a thread all about himself, makes a c**t of himself, refers to various made-up things about a tough upbringing and various fantasy violent/gangland situations which never happened, then fucks off again. It's weird.

Think Grimbo, but with slightly less volume, financial scamming and toasted pets. 

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

My dad always said "If everyone around you smells like shite, you're probably the arsehole".

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Keep telling yourself that, the ones thinking an 8" is just smaller than a 12" are definitely the ones to side with. 

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The least self aware post in the history of posts.

Someone with a BMR of 2100 eats 2500 calories a day, after a year in which they've put on 3 stone they decide to cut out the daily 1800 calorie12" pepperoni pizza and replace it with an 800 calorie 8" pepperoni pizza, will that person lose weight on their new calorie deficient diet? 

Yes but id suggest it is not really sustainable to introduce a 1,000 calorie reduction immediately as they wont stick to it. You would be better ditching the pizza altogether and using the 800 calories to eat some healthier and nutritional. You can get a lot of food for 800 calories compared with one pizza so you would be fuller for longer and less likely to eat shite.

Save the pizza as a treat at the weekend

5 hours ago, Pato said:

I knew a boy once who only wanted sauce on his pizzas, no cheese. At the time I thought he was deserving of every pelter he got as a result but perhaps that's a way forwards in this intractable debate?

I had a restrictive eating disorder when I was younger and my sister tries to rip the piss now and again which was fine until her birthday a couple of years ago when she ordered a margherita pizza and asked for no cheese. I'm still seething about it.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've just had the Germans on the phone, they can prove they won the war. We're fucked!

5 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Ahh yes but did you consider that if they didn't invade Russia and got nukes first they would have won the war? Checkmate my friend

Well I was actually talking about the Eastern Front of the Great War from 1914-1917 culminating in the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk and it's not my fault if you weren't aware I was talking about that when I said "they won the war." You should know what war I mean.

Someone who has gained 3 stone in the previous year having eaten a 12" pepperoni pizza everyday would lose weight if they changed it for an 8" one. 
This is like one of those "Who said this? - Boris Johnson or Homer Simpson?" type things. Tremendous.

On 08/04/2021 at 14:56, Monkey Tennis said:

The least self aware post in the history of posts.

Just remember that when you're in the company of 20 people telling you 5+5=12, that it's your lack of self awareness that's telling you the answer is 10. 

39 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Just remember that when you're in the company of 20 people telling you 5+5=12, that it's your lack of self awareness that's telling you the answer is 10. 

Still seething about being proven incorrect and refusing to accept it days later. Delicious.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Still seething about being proven incorrect and refusing to accept it days later. Delicious.

Why would I be seething about showing up the lack of arithmetical  prowess of posters like yourself. 

I see that Nikki Grahame, famous for appearing on Big Brother and other reality shows, has died in hospital at the age of 38.  She had anorexia and, according to an interview with her mother last week, had suffered a relapse in her condition when the gyms were closed as she was frightened to eat when she couldn't exercise.

This is an extreme case and Nikki Grahame had suffered from anorexia for many, many years.  I doubt if she applied for a reality TV show today that she'd be allowed on, given the safeguards they have now.  What it does show is that messages about 'burning off' things you eat can be harmful to vulnerable people.  You aren't supposed to exercise away the calories of your meals.  I wonder how much affect the rhetoric around food with regards to obesity has on people who have eating disorders like anorexia and bulemia?

Yes but id suggest it is not really sustainable to introduce a 1,000 calorie reduction immediately as they wont stick to it. You would be better ditching the pizza altogether and using the 800 calories to eat some healthier and nutritional. You can get a lot of food for 800 calories compared with one pizza so you would be fuller for longer and less likely to eat shite.

Save the pizza as a treat at the weekend
If they w**k half as much as they did eating the larger pizza, it evens out.