QoS Vs Alloa

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 minutes ago, Mr X said:
So, the day I go to the ground early instead of sitting at home in front of my computer is the day the main website decides to go down :rolleyes:
The streaming site was fine, so anyone who went straight there shouldnt have had any issues but anyone who went to the official club website to get a link to the streaming site would have just hit an error.
The streaming itself went as smoothly as it has all season, which is good.
The result on the pitch didnt, thanks to Greg Aitken. We watched Obileyes sending off several times and its never a red card.
Such fine margins, though. We're inches away from going 3-1 up, within minutes its 2-2 and we're down to 10 men.

I've always went via the website. How do you get the link the other way?

Its a completely separate site, you can just go direct to qostv.co.uk

As others have said a huge couple of minutes just before HT. We could go 3-1 but hit the post and a couple of minutes later we're at 2-2 and down to 10 men. The red card is very harsh IMHO. Second half, even with 10 men, we were very much in the game. It wasn't to be. That's how it goes sometimes.

With our lengthy injury list and suspensions to come we'll be down to the bare bones next week I suspect. When do we hear about Mebude's Covid ban.

Edit to add the Graham card at the end is a yellow and never a red. The ref got that right.  He got the Obileye one wrong in my view but it's a nonsense to think that should somehow mean Graham's should be a red too.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think the Graham yellow card is a yellow all day long as would 99% of people. The argument being made on here and by the commentators is that if the ref deemed a foot trod a red card then surely grabbing someone by the neck is just as dangerous. Neither were red card incidents and both were as 'dangerous' as the other; though I'd argue the one on Dapo was more dangerous. A bit of consistency is what was being asked for. The ref's only consistency today was being inconsistent.

That's a nonsense argument. They are two completely different types of foul and neither should be used to argue against or justify the decision of the other.

Great win today, totally unexpected, loved the salty caramel tears of the QofS commentary team. GIRFUY.

Don't think there any salty tears from them tbh, quite the opposite actually, I thought they were extremely composed given what happened. Go to the Arbroath vs QoS thread if you want to hear commentators with salty tears.

That's a nonsense argument. They are two completely different types of foul and neither should be used to argue against or justify the decision of the other.
Neither were red card fouls, one resulted in a red card. The only nonsense was the referee's decision.

The referees are very poor these days. I will die on that hill. Usually, they go against us but I thought despite the referee giving us a bit of a helping hand, we looked good enough to win the game based on the 11v11 portion of play.

Hope Queens go out and smash the other teams now though. Especially the ones that are 4/5 points ahead of us.

Edited by LeodhasXD

53 minutes ago, printer said:

There are actually not that many "types" of foul, and there aren't different offences for fouls involving the neck and fouls involving the foot. The only offence Obileye can have been sent off for is endangering the safety of an opponent, and twisting a boy round by his neck is obviously not less dangerous than stepping on someone's foot/ankle/lower leg. So if the ref is going to give Obileye a game changing red, anyone who's not an Alloa fan would want him to give Graham one too. Both fall in the "seen them given" category, but Graham's a wee bit more so. It wouldn't have changed the result by that point, but is a good illustration of the referee's inconsistency.

Guest Flash
38 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Sadly Queens started the game with 10 men, Fitzpatrick looked like he couldn't give a monkey's and cost us the first goal against Queens. I think he'd have been subbed at half time even if we hadn't been down to 10 men.

Imo he has looked like that since the outset. I don’t think it is a coincidence that the recent good run came when Jones was playing instead. 

10 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

There are actually not that many "types" of foul, and there aren't different offences for fouls involving the neck and fouls involving the foot. The only offence Obileye can have been sent off for is endangering the safety of an opponent, and twisting a boy round by his neck is obviously not less dangerous than stepping on someone's foot/ankle/lower leg. So if the ref is going to give Obileye a game changing red, anyone who's not an Alloa fan would want him to give Graham one too. Both fall in the "seen them given" category, but Graham's a wee bit more so. It wouldn't have changed the result by that point, but is a good illustration of the referee's inconsistency.

Disagree. They are completely different incidents. Obileye was sent off for 'serious foul play'.

Edited by printer

10 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Come on mate...Obileyes card was harsh, so the frustration is understandable. But I dont think I've ever seen a straight red card given for a similar offence to Andy Grahams, in that area of the park, not denying a goalscoring opportunity. Blatantly cynical, but nothing more than a clear yellow card- ref was spot on.

7 minutes ago, printer said:

Disagree. They are completely different incidents. Obileye was sent off for 'serious foul play'.

Aye, and what's the definition of serious foul play?

Serious foul play

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

You have just proven yourself wrong. 🙈

Two massive home games in the next two weeks. A real chance to get back into the pack especially if we show the spirit and fight of the last couple of weeks. Connelly coming in the past couple of weeks has given us another dimension. 

Edited by Magic Hat

Two massive home games in the next two weeks. A real to get back into the pack especially if we show the spirit and fight of the last couple of weeks. Connelly coming in the past couple of weeks has given us another dimension. 

Agree with that about Connelly, he’s working well with Cameron up top. To be fair to Cameron, he’s pretty mobile anyway for the size of him!

Great 3 points today, although a bit disappointed we played so poorly in the 2nd half against 10 men.

Big Andy’s penalty was piss poor, but it was a pretty harsh penalty in the 1st place.

Nice to have a day where we were definitely on the better side of refereeing decisions for a change, and results elsewhere finally going our way.

Really makeshift side today with 3 key starters out, but the guys need to take credit for the way they played.

Didn’t have any issues with the stream today and agree it’s really good value for a tenner.

Last week went 2 goals down and AJ changed team to a more attacking formation which worked. This afternoon on going down to 10 men should he have taken off Dapo or Shields or dropped one of them back into midfield to leave a 441 formation. This would have given us more hold on midfield as at times really struggled to close down Alloa and an extra man there would have prevented space for Buchannan

Just to wind everyone up, the more I look at the Obileye red card the more I can see why the referee gives it. It's a lunge and he lands on Taggart's foot/ankle.

Andy's hold might have looked WWE but it's never a red card.

Edited by LeodhasXD

No.v

Just to wind everyone up, the more I look at the Obileye red card the more I can see why the referee gives it. It's a lunge and he lands on Taggart's foot/ankle.
No.chance. cost.us the game

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I still think Obileye red card is harsh but totally agree the Graham one is never a red. No issues with McCabe's red.