QoS Vs Alloa

5 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

If I was the manager I'd certainly be considering keeping Robertson in the midfield and putting Lynch in at right back. An element of risk disrupting the back 4, but Robertson dictated the play for long spells yesterday, an excellent afternoon for him.

On the few times when Robbo gets a start in midfield these days, he seems to play particularly well. I think he must be delighted to be back in there.

Unlike some,  I think Ray Grant has been pretty decent for us, but believe that a pairing of Robbo and Stevie Hetherington is the strongest one we have in central midfield. As I've said before, I think, I'd play all three of them, with Robbo and Grant pushing on a bit from Stevie.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

10 year ban for Obileye's tackle. 

The more I see it the more I hope the club appeal it.

I hope they do. It's in our interests for the top half to be dominant and minimise the points given to the teams directly above us.

5 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Gibson should have had a 2nd yellow for hand ball at pen 

Nonsense shouldn't even have been a penalty the ball bounced up off his foot and hit his arm NOT a penalty if am reading the rules correct.... 

10 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Nonsense shouldn't even have been a penalty the ball bounced up off his foot and hit his arm NOT a penalty if am reading the rules correct.... 

That is the rule hits your foot then hand not a pen think the ref has to read the rule book .

Watched the Ayo red card many teams never a red card the ref got many things wrong on Saturday you don't have a chance when the ref is so much against you 

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Obileye's tackle won't be overturned on appeal. I thought it was harsh at first, but the more I watch it the more I think it's the correct call.

The penalty decision is still absolutely awful, though.

I thought it looked like a red as well. 
I think the red card chat has deflected somewhat from the real issue that our defending was back to previous levels. I appreciate that Obileye was missing for the third but there was still no excuse for the way we defended those goals.

26 minutes ago, Flash said:

I thought it looked like a red as well. 
I think the red card chat has deflected somewhat from the real issue that our defending was back to previous levels. I appreciate that Obileye was missing for the third but there was still no excuse for the way we defended those goals.

Agree about the winning goal.  Our Buchanan should have closed down their Buchanan and at least tried to put some pressure on him before he got his shot away. I'm not saying he wouldn't still have scored but he would have had to work a bit more to do it.. 

Penalties for handball have become a nonsense. 
For that reason alone the penalty decision was one of the few I never got angry about. I just assume any contact with the arm will be given as a penalty now so the decision never surprised me.

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, printer said:
Penalties for handball have become a nonsense. 

For that reason alone the penalty decision was one of the few I never got angry about. I just assume any contact with the arm will be given as a penalty now so the decision never surprised me.

If the supposed top referees in the world,   ie,  those in the EPL, sometimes get it wrong there's very little chance the officials we're lumbered with will get it right every time.  My understanding is if the ball comes off any other part of your body onto your hand/arm then it's not a penalty. If that's the case then it wasn't a penalty on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If the supposed top referees in the world,   ie,  those in the EPL, sometimes get it wrong there's very little chance the officials we're lumbered with will get it right every time.  My understanding is if the ball comes off any other part of your body onto your hand/arm then it's not a penalty. If that's the case then it wasn't a penalty on Saturday. 

Exact same situation that Steven McClean gave Hearts a penalty against us (Ayr) in the Friday televised game in their 1-0 win , ball deflected off Baird’s knee onto arm , McLean was adamant it was a penalty after been questioned