Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, gannonball said:

What ? I have lived in Aberdeen on and off for about 3 years lol. Im not saying it’s isolated its just a bit shit tbh, especially compared to Edinburgh. I know house prices have come back in line a bit now though but that would also be a mitigating factor.

I have lived in both - and once you get over Edinburgh's wow that's a big castle - and twee shortbready tourist thing - both cities are fairly similar in standard of living in whatever way you want to measure that.

In fact, whisper it, I think Glasgow (the good parts) have got a lot more buzz/vibrancy than Edinburgh.

Edited by tarapoa

8 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

I wanted McInnes out but not to be replaced by this scenario.

There may be quite a few saying that - but what surprises me is that anyone would be surprised if this is the outcome.

5 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Going back to the poster who mentioned Curbishley, is it really that much of a shock that he's being linked?

Fair enough he's been out of football for a couple of years, but he worked wonders with Charlton who are a similarly sized club.

197DFC5E-2F87-4869-B4AF-0D05A4F20976.gif

Just watched the Paul Sheerin interview; very interesting. He's always come across as a nice chap, and I think the board will be watching with interest not just at results, but also style of play while Paul is in charge.

If we are going down the DoF route, presumably the board are focusing on that appointment first, so Paul could well have a chance to put himself in the frame for head coach.

Edited by Illgresi

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

Just watched the Paul Sheerin interview; very interesting. He's always come across as a nice chap, and I think the board will be watching with interest not just at results, but also style of play while Paul is in charge.

If we are going down the DoF route, presumably the board are focusing on that appointment first, so Paul could well have a chance to put himself in the frame for head coach.

I know a player who played under him at Arbroath, and he could not speak any higher of him as a manager/coach/mentor.

Different world from Aberdeen, I know, but still.

3 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Most folk I know who slag Aberdeen have either not been, or only been a handful of times. Their opinions are generally way off base and just echoing something they heard someone else say.

Good and bad aspects to every city/town.

A girl I was seeing for most of my 20s was from Aberdeen, so as a result I have spent more time there than any other city apart from here, and as you say - pros and cons, same as anywhere including here. Some other cities have better nightlife but are a bit "stabby" for my taste.

As for managers?

I dont think they are really interested if the night life is kicking or not - e.g. there are always people queuing up for jobs in real dumps like Plymouth.....................which makes Aberdeen look like New York in comparison.

5 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Most folk I know who slag Aberdeen have either not been, or only been a handful of times. Their opinions are generally way off base and just echoing something they heard someone else say.

Good and bad aspects to every city/town.

I don't think Aberdeen is a hellhole or anything but it's definitely not nice enough to justify living hundreds of miles away from the rest of civilization for me, unless you're earning a fair extra whack on top of what you would for a similar job elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I don't think Aberdeen is a hellhole or anything but it's definitely not nice enough to justify living hundreds of miles away from the rest of civilization for me, unless you're earning a fair extra whack on top of what you would for a similar job elsewhere.

:lol: How big do you think Scotland is, m8?

This thread is full of utter roasters  who seem to think Aberdeen is the back of beyond.
Embarrassing take M5

Not surprising.

The amount of Scottish people that think Aberdeen v ICT or Ross Co is a local Derby is incredible.

1 minute ago, AberdeenBud said:

Have some of these people even been to Aberdeen before? I've even got an indoor toilet and running water.

FWIW Aberdeen and Shire are consistently judged to be among the best places to live in Scotland.

It’s a very ugly place. Not much going for it at all.