Who is a player/pundit/manager that people from every single club could say they like?

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I'm honoured a thread I created has had such a heads gone moment. Beautiful. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Believe whatever you want to believe, just don't be a c**t about it.

All that we are is the result of what we have thought

Buddha

Guest Bob Mahelp

I tried to think of players from clubs that get right on ma tits that were all round top blokes, but I just couldn't come up with any St Johnstone, Hibs or Livi players that were anything else than useless, annoying, diving, cheating, kicking nobodies. 

So I give you Sean Maloney. 

Dons fan, rejected by the club, went on to have a great career with Celtic, took the corner that won the cup for Wigan, gave his all for Scotland, now coach of the best international side in the world, and to top it all bought me a beer in Skopje when we ended up staying in the same hotel as Scotland. 

Has anybody got a bad word to say about him ?

6 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

And to top it all bought me a beer in Skopje when we ended up staying in the same hotel as Scotland. 

That depends- Was it Skopsko (good stuff) or Dab (cheaper stuff)?

Shaun Maloney does seem a good guy though

6 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I tried to think of players from clubs that get right on ma tits that were all round top blokes, but I just couldn't come up with any St Johnstone, Hibs or Livi players that were anything else than useless, annoying, diving, cheating, kicking nobodies. 

Dons fan, rejected by the club, went on to have a great career with Celtic, took the corner that won the cup for Wigan, gave his all for Scotland, now coach of the best international side in the world, and to top it all bought me a beer in Skopje when we ended up staying in the same hotel as Scotland. 

His goals in Euro 2016 qualifying masked the fact he was generally infuriating while playing for Scotland.

I remember in the Gibraltar game where Fletcher scored our first hattrick in 40 odd years, being raging thinking Maloney might be the one to break that streak cause I just couldnt stand the way he was playing at the time (he scored 2 pens that game I think).

Seems a decent guy and always worked hard and that. But its a no from me.

Guest TheJTS98
12 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

New Year's Day 2006. Diving c**t.

Guest TheJTS98
6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I can't believe we're brushing over the suggestion that it's basically OK for Marvin Andrews to call gay people an "abomination" just because he truly believes it as part of his religion.

That would be a great point if anybody had claimed that it was ok.

Sadly for you, nobody did.

I think the point is that it's unhelpful to simply label someone as bad beyond redemption because they see the world differently from you. Dig into any human being and you'll find something you object to.

I know you find that hard to understand, a recent example being your disgraceful and embarrassing public labeling of some people you don't know as racists (which you like to skirt using words like 'basically' and 'more or less') simply because they didn't share your opinion on how to or when to tackle racism. A view you rowed back a couple of weeks later when your Twitter feed told you it was no longer necessary to kneel down before a sporting event, despite lots of people not having been doing it for ages to no controversy at all.

Did you ever say sorry to them for that? Not a nice thing to do. I doubt you'd like a stranger to label you racist in public when they know nothing about you or the context of the job you do.

Edited by TheJTS98

Guest Bob Mahelp

McCoist is a very enjoyable pundit. Knowledgable, witty, easy to listen to, and critical of his beloved Rangers when necessary. Probably the best out there. 

But....he's on record a while ago saying he happily sang sectarian songs in his younger days, and refused to condemn anyone who sang them (that may have been to keep the peepul onside and he feels differently now....however, it does show cowardice). He was also a c0ck during the early Sevco days, and he deliberately broke Theo Snelders' jaw. 

So yes to him being a good guy pundit, no as a bigot supporter during his playing days. 

15 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This part isn't true. A family of Celtic fans and that's the only team he wanted to play for.

4 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

That would be a great point if anybody had claimed that it was ok.

Sadly for you, nobody did.

I think the point is that it's unhelpful to simply label someone as bad beyond redemption because they see the world differently from you. Dig into any human being and you'll find something you object to.

I know you find that hard to understand, a recent example being your disgraceful and embarrassing public labeling of some people you don't know as racists (which you like to skirt using words like 'basically' and 'more or less') simply because they didn't share your opinion on how to or when to tackle racism. A view you rowed back a couple of weeks later when your Twitter feed told you it was no longer necessary to kneel down before a sporting event, despite lots of people not having been doing it for ages to no controversy at all.

Did you ever say sorry to them for that? Not a nice thing to do. I doubt you'd like a stranger to label you racist in public when they know nothing about you or the context of the job you do.

You've made this up in your head I'm afraid. Assuming you're talking about the Scotland rugby team, at no point did I "publicly" or anywhere else label any of them as racists, but rather was just critical of their response to racism. Furthermore, at no point did I actually "row back" anything at all in relation to that, indeed I still stand by my point that the ragtag response of the rugby team was a terrible look for them. So I'm not entirely sure who you think I'd be apologising to, and what for.

To get back on topic, the fact absolutely remains that Marvin Andrews cannot possibly be described as being someone that "people from every single club could like" given that he is an unrepentant homophobe. He actively discriminates against people for being who they are, and hides behind his religious beliefs as a reason for doing it despite the fact that the majority of people of his religion have no such issue with homosexuality.

Guest TheJTS98
4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You've made this up in your head I'm afraid. Assuming you're talking about the Scotland rugby team, at no point did I "publicly" or anywhere else label any of them as racists, but rather was just critical of their response to racism. Furthermore, at no point did I actually "row back" anything at all in relation to that, indeed I still stand by my point that the ragtag response of the rugby team was a terrible look for them. So I'm not entirely sure who you think I'd be apologising to, and what for.

Perhaps as a non-Twitter user I mixed up your row-back with one of your Terrace colleagues. However, I certainly saw screenshots of you or one of your pals declaring kneeling over after a footballer declared it a week or two later. Perhaps a Crystal Palace player, but I'm guessing now.

You certainly made a right c**t of yourself by calling the Scottish rugby team racist while admitting that you had no idea whether rugby was doing the kneeling or not. That was a highlight. Along with you revealing that you had no idea loads of other sports (along with most high-profile rugby) were not.

Here's the thing. You think Marv is a bad guy. You think the Scottish rugby team are bad guys. I'd like to add that what you posted above is not what you said at the time. Users can go and find it themselves, but you used language along the lines of the Scottish rugby team being comfortable with structural racism. Which is a coward's way of calling them racist. At least have the integrity to say what you mean.

So, where do you fit in the bad guy narrative? You were wrong. You were commenting on something you simply did not know about. Yet, you used your public platform to label a bunch of guys that you know nothing about (as you confessed) as racists. And you haven't apologised. Where does that fit in the list of Things To Do That Make You A p***k?