Celtic vs Ranger55 - 21 March 12pm

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Celtic having lots of the ball and doing absolutely f**k all with it, while Rangers prevent any decent chances then pick teams off and avoid defeat, not exactly how both teams have ended up in their respective positions?

Obviously a higher level but United used to "dominate" us by playing rakes of passes side to side in front of our defence, then lose the game, regularly, and it was 100% part of our gameplan.

Its genuinely amazing how far behind Celtic are of Rangers at everything. FB situation sums it all up. Rangers have Barisic and Tavernier, with 2 quality youths in Bassey/Patterson in behind to learn the ropes, while Celtic start two loanees who aren't good enough in Laxalt/Kenny, while leaving their best full back in Taylor off the park.

Do you still think they have the better squad? 

56 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not really sure what game you were watching today but I can remember at least half a dozen good chances we squandered from inside the box with at least 2-3 that we should have scored. In fact I can’t even recall Christie even attempting a shot at all nvm from 30 yards and he is usually our barometer when it comes to shots from 30 yards

Fair play today you were more direct and had sufficient chances, I did mean more generally over the last 3 games though. 

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair point but does not also show that things have progressed and Brown realised he was wrong before ? Maybe give him a bit credit ??

I think you’ll find that I have given him credit for what he did yesterday.

11 hours ago, DMCs said:

I've seen the clip and that's not racist for me. Just an unfortunate choice of words but with no racist intent. He seems drunk as well.

I wonder what it was he said in the other podcast that he openly admits had his son taken off him. 

12 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Wee twitter storm brewing. "Just us Tim's" podcast has went out today and when talking about the game one of the hosts talking about the "Fraud Champions" of Rangers goes on to talk of "they monkey bastirts". 

I think Celtic fans have referred to Rangers fans as that for as long as I can remember. 

I see the Sun has a report on some unsavoury messaging from a Celtic fan.  Obviously I don’t know anything about his mental abilities but this seems a strange thing to do.  I am being broad brush here but this matches the apparent intelligence level of 80% of the fans of these two clubs.

12 minutes ago, ropy said:

I see the Sun has a report on some unsavoury messaging from a Celtic fan.  Obviously I don’t know anything about his mental abilities but this seems a strange thing to do.  I am being broad brush here but this matches the apparent intelligence level of 80% of the fans of these two clubs.

I'm sure they will find some wee dafty to keep the balance and tarred Celtic with the same brush.

So I see that Kennedy and Brown came out claiming they should've had a stonewall penalty which seems to be getting lapped up by many across social media.

I'm interested to find out if they were watching a different incident than I was? To me, it was a clear dive from Edouard and he possibly could've got a second yellow for a similar offence later in the match.

What are they seeing that I'm not?

I wouldn't get too concerned about it.

Blinkered fans in refusing to believe evidence of own eyes shocker. O'Neill was saying it was a pen so they will just have taken their lead from him. Stupid lunge from the Rangers defender, very risky, but literally zero contact.

On 21/03/2021 at 10:18, MJC said:

“Open to all since 1888”

Unless you vote Tory, support the British army, wear a poppy, Israeli, identify as British/pro UK that is. As long as you don’t fall into any of those categories then “Open to all”.

As for firmly standing by racism, we’ll just ignore the fact that Leigh Griffiths was caught on camera leading a crowded pub singing a racist ditty about Rudi Skacel shall we?

Celtic Football Club at their sanctimonious, hypocritical best.

Nice touch by Broony yesterday though, eh? 

57 minutes ago, AJF said:

So I see that Kennedy and Brown came out claiming they should've had a stonewall penalty which seems to be getting lapped up by many across social media.

I'm interested to find out if they were watching a different incident than I was? To me, it was a clear dive from Edouard and he possibly could've got a second yellow for a similar offence later in the match.

What are they seeing that I'm not?

I can’t remember who slid in again however whoever it was very late. From the replays it was hard to see where the contact or if there was any at all

My question is though does there have to be? If the tackle is so late that it prevents Edouard getting to the ball to get his shot off which he might have been able to do is that not also a foul no matter if he goes down or not? 

The second one was different there was contact as you could see the defender with his arm around his chest it just wasn’t enough for a penalty 

17 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Aye the big man has done well, he was one of those to enjoy for the short while we had him like Virgil. And to think we paid just 500k for him. He will never be held in the same regard as Henke however will be remembered for a long long time for his Rangers hat trick.

Rodgers first signing also and I see he has just schooled Solksjaer, i know many fans loathe Rodgers as they see it as a betrayal however I’m one of the few who genuinely believe if we had backed his ambition then he may have been more inclined to stay and it’s been to our detriment, I loved that season and watching that team play so I’ll always be grateful for it. 

I was working in Parkhead and Ibrox for the first season both teams were in the Premiership and the 5-0 game with Barton playing is still one of my funniest live experiences of a fitba match. Just wall-to-wall comedy from start to finish. 

Have to give Rodgers credit for the way he got players with zero confidence playing like superstars like Armstrong.

I can’t remember who slid in again however whoever it was very late. From the replays it was hard to see where the contact or if there was any at all
My question is though does there have to be? If the tackle is so late that it prevents Edouard getting to the ball to get his shot off which he might have been able to do is that not also a foul no matter if he goes down or not? 
The second one was different there was contact as you could see the defender with his arm around his chest it just wasn’t enough for a penalty 
There was no contact at all, the third angle of the replay showed that.

Edouard took a bad touch and as soon as he realised he wasn't getting the ball he went down.

Same as Morelos in a previous old firm game.

McFadden actually got it spot on when he said that Edouard having to avoid Barisic's leg was irrelevant, because the act of avoiding the leg didn't necessitate going down. He could easily have planted his foot on the other side of the leg and stayed up after he avoided it, he chose not to, hence 100% dive.

22 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

There was no contact at all, the third angle of the replay showed that.

Edouard took a bad touch and as soon as he realised he wasn't getting the ball he went down.

Same as Morelos in a previous old firm game.

McFadden actually got it spot on when he said that Edouard having to avoid Barisic's leg was irrelevant, because the act of avoiding the leg didn't necessitate going down. He could easily have planted his foot on the other side of the leg and stayed up after he avoided it, he chose not to, hence 100% dive.

Aye, that's the way I see it too. He could've easily planted his left foot after taking a step. He just realised Aribo was about to smash the ball clear after his heavy touch so crumpled.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, that's the way I see it too. He could've easily planted his left foot after taking a step. He just realised Aribo was about to smash the ball clear after his heavy touch so crumpled.

It’s a bit of criticism that can be lobbied at Edouard just now is that he is always trying to do more than is necessary, I.e. trying to beat an extra player or not taking a chance early. It’s become more noticeable this season since we have been struggling to open teams up. His decision making at times leave a bit to be desired

I don’t know why he didn’t try to first time it unless the intention was always to play for the pen which again is the wrong decision

I think in a few years people will be asked about the game on Thursday night with the crazy foul from Roofe, the racism and the alleged fight in the dressing room, then someone will say there was an OF game 4 days later and no one will even remember it or a single thing that happened during it. One of the most boring, non eventful games I've ever watched.