Sarah Everard

6 minutes ago, HTG said:

Take this pish right to f**k. It's the last throw of the desperate dice. It's the same argument that far right arseholes use when they start talking about sinking dinghies in the Channel. If you want to fly with those crows, crack on. 

I don’t know why you are bringing the far right into this, all I’m seeing on twitter today is pictures of Fanta head being arrested with captions like “what has this country come to?” The police are specifically supposed to break up mass gatherings at this particularly time and you can quite clearly see scuffles with the police taking place and when you scuffle with the police you get lifted - it’s almost as if the police have resorted to arresting people for breaking the law. 

if it makes you feel any better ginger nuts will be out of police custody by now and will be posting her story on tik tok in a few hours. 

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t know why you are bringing the far right into this, all I’m seeing on twitter today is pictures of Fanta head being arrested with captions like “what has this country come to?” The police are specifically supposed to break up mass gatherings at this particularly time and you can quite clearly see scuffles with the police taking place and when you scuffle with the police you get lifted - it’s almost as if the police have resorted to arresting people for breaking the law. 

if it makes you feel any better ginger nuts will be out of police custody by now and will be posting her story on tik tok in a few hours. 

You've definitely come into this discussion with an open mind

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

If the situation is calm then Police Scotland seem to operate a contain and watch them strategy (celtic x5, st Johnstone, Rangers x2) while the met seem to be more likely to get stuck in.

Pretty much. I don’t think the police in Scotland would have intervened during the vigil either. 

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

The scuffles were entirely caused by the police assaulting those attending. 

Just now, throbber said:

It turned into a protest when the crowd started chanting “arrest your own” to the police though. 

Again, in response to police officers assaulting those attending. Not forgetting, that him exposing himself prior to the murder not being by dealt with correctly. 

It turned into a protest when the crowd started chanting “arrest your own” to the police though. 
Tbf you can understand the Police getting upset at being asked to do something a bit more challenging than beating up women and minorities.

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Well I obviously don’t and I think there were a few of the cranks who show up to every protest there. But the event was advertised and publicised as a vigil, thousands of flowers and tributes were placed. It was hardly set up for a confrontation or violence.

Well I’m sure it wasn’t set up for a confrontation but the crowds clearly turned on the police who were trying to disperse the crowd which is their job during this pandemic. Scuffles broke out because certain attendees got upset that a police officer had carried out this murder and that he wasn’t arrested for indecent exposure 2 weeks ago and when you fight with the police you get cuffed for it. All this outrage about the police wanting to go in and truncheon f**k out of women at a vigil like something out of a George Orwell novel is absolute shite.

10 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Oh, there's always a good few that take the bait, trust me.........

Glad to see that instead of owning your outrageously backward and dangerous views you went with "bait". Own your views or don't troll people over the kidnap and murder of someone.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Surprised Inanimate Carbon Plod hasn't been in to defend the operational decisions of the Police

If you say that Scottish Police are more intelligent than English/Met police, he usually responds.

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

If the situation is calm then Police Scotland seem to operate a contain and watch them strategy (celtic x5, st Johnstone, Rangers x2) while the met seem to be more likely to get stuck in.

Maybe the MET have more bodies. According to pals who are in the police, the numbers up here are fairly thin on the ground and they seem to have a lot of long term sick at any one time.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Well I’m sure it wasn’t set up for a confrontation but the crowds clearly turned on the police who were trying to disperse the crowd which is their job during this pandemic. Scuffles broke out because certain attendees got upset that a police officer had carried out this murder and that he wasn’t arrested for indecent exposure 2 weeks ago and when you fight with the police you get cuffed for it. All this outrage about the police wanting to go in and truncheon f**k out of women at a vigil like something out of a George Orwell novel is absolute shite.

It's not their only job though is it, they have to police responsibility the responsible thing to do last night was to keep the vigil within Clapham Common keep the roads clear of attendees. I think it could be argued that if they had tried to disperse the crowd at midnight by addressing the crowd from a PA and sending some officers into the crowd, not to issue tickets but to speak to people and convince them to leave then we wouldn't be in this situation this morning.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Glad to see that instead of owning your outrageously backward and dangerous views you went with "bait". Own your views or don't troll people over the kidnap and murder of someone.

Nothing more tragic that the auld fishing gif in response to getting your views questioned

Just now, doulikefish said:

Pritti Patel will be "rubbing one out" looking at the pictures and videos this morning 

She found the images "upsetting" I can only imagine she was perhaps disappointed the horses and dogs weren't there to be let loose on the crowd

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I genuinely can't remember many times where I've spoken to or had dealings with any on duty policemen/women so I can't get on the hype train that they're all c***s. 

I've been stopped by traffic police on duty, they thought my door window tints were illegal at the front (they were, I bought the car like that and had no idea they were even tinted, never mind it was illegal). 

One was a massive c**t, who's started kicking my wheels while checking the tyres and revving the arse of my car to "see if the exhaust was blowing", while the other was sound, asked me to follow them to the station so they could check the tints and told the other boy to stop fucking about with my car.

Maybe just a "good cop/bad cop" in action though.

Either way I think it's just your luck really. Know 2 other ones who are off duty when I see them, and both are sound enough.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Pretty much. I don’t think the police in Scotland would have intervened during the vigil either. 

Again, in response to police officers assaulting those attending. Not forgetting, that him exposing himself prior to the murder not being by dealt with correctly. 

What are you basing this on that the police ENTIRELY caused this? Their job is to break up mass gatherings in line with government guidelines and from the footage from last night you can clearly see them allowing it to go ahead peacefully for a time, they then want to disperse the crowd and a few angry individuals get upset about it as the murder was carried out by a polis who wasn’t locked up for his indecent exposure a week previous and it gets a bit ugly. The entire thing would have been preventable if people had just dispersed slightly like the police had asked.

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

If you're needing attention then why not just make up one of your stories like you usually do rather than just acting like a dick

10 hours ago, WATTOO said:

No, I'm just sick of all the false crap and faux outrage and shock from the usual suspects.

It is a bit tiring at times but some folk live for it. They’ll be on to the next one before you know it. It was Meghan last week. This week it’s the death of a woman at the hands of a policeman. Soon it’ll be something else.

I suppose we always need some new serious topics in General Nonsense to get outraged about. It can’t all be Chess matches and ICTChris stories about some bloke getting caught wanking on a Zoom meeting.

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think he was off duty when that happened, although tbf, it's never been made clear.