Sarah Everard

7 hours ago, parsforlife said:

That’s seems bizzare, I guess once you’ve decided to be against somebody you will pick anything to pile on.    The dress she is wearing seems perfectly acceptable. 

Pretty hard to chase criminals in that dress and heels tbf.

41 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Have you not seen all those police dramas on TV? You don't chase criminals, you just shout 'OI' and expect them to give themselves up.

In real life they just wait until you leap a subway turnstile and then use that as an excuse to execute you.

Mind how you go.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

In real life they just wait until you leap a subway turnstile and then use that as an excuse to execute you.

Mind how you go.

Jean Charles de Menezes didn't even leap the turnstile. That was bullshit put out by the security services in the immediate aftermath, proven untrue by CCTV.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Pretty hard to chase criminals in that dress and heels tbf.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Have you not seen all those police dramas on TV? You don't chase criminals, you just shout 'OI' and expect them to give themselves up.

American TV poliswimmin have no trouble chasing down ne'erdowells whilst wearing skirts and high heels. At least they didn't in the 1980's anyway.

5 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Sky reporting that police have recovered a body from the river where Nicola Bulley went missing. No formal identification has been made yet.

If this turns out to be her that diver giving it the whole "she's not in the river" pish needs to be on TV apologising for his stupidity.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

If this turns out to be her that diver giving it the whole "she's not in the river" pish needs to be on TV apologising for his stupidity.

I do agree, but id rather he just got tae and didnt darken another investigation. 

Absolutely devastated for her family, I hope they are given the privacy they need for the sake of her kids and that even well intentioned folks on social media etc give them some space. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I do agree, but id rather he just got tae and didnt darken another investigation

I hope the TV companies realise that putting people outside the police investigation on TV days after someone goes missing is, completely pointless and unnecessarily upsetting the family of the missing.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Bollocks. He claimed to have searched the entire river, it would have made no difference to that whether she was pished or not.

I don't understand what difference that would have made.

According to what he said when I heard him interviewed, she wouldn't have floated away because her heavy coat would have dragged her to the bottom assuming she had missed the rocks just below the surface where she was thought to have slipped in.