Hate Crime Bill Passed

Lyle Lanley

3 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Swally is not even going to Ibrox so his outburst looks even more stupid but hey if you sound the bear klaxon expect them to turn up the stupid levels to max. Party songs for the first half party booing for the second.

He’s such a fucking loser 😂

20 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

So JKRs 'freedom' to call India Willoghby a man hasn't been affected at all.

But Allys not allowed to celebrate being up to his knees in Catholics blood.

Is that all that's happened on Monday?

They are rounding up all the white folk I believe according to X and Kaye Adams or something like that 

Edited by doulikefish

14 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

So JKRs 'freedom' to call India Willoghby a man hasn't been affected at all.

But Allys not allowed to celebrate being up to his knees in Catholics blood.

Is that all that's happened on Monday?

I believe Yousaf implemented Sharia Law and the government is now a Trans/Hamas coalition. All Harry Potter books have been burned 

5 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I believe Yousaf implemented Sharia Law and the government is now a Trans/Hamas coalition. All Harry Potter books have been burned 

I'm going to the Harry Potter shop at King's Cross once my wife and bairn finally get ready.

Will I be stopped at Aberdeen Airport on Thursday?

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm going to the Harry Potter shop at King's Cross once my wife and bairn finally get ready.

It would be for your own good, mate.

9 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Yes but that's to ensure you havenae brought any of the tap water back with you 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I have a higher tolerance than most for Talksport, but I had to turn off this morning when they had Brazil, McCoist and Warnock on at the same time. I could almost smell the gammon coming through the radio.

Did Ally give any more detail on how he was going to break the law on Sunday......any mention?

Furthermore, did Warnock reveal just how much fun he had during his time at Aberdeen?

32 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Did Ally give any more detail on how he was going to break the law on Sunday......any mention?

Furthermore, did Warnock reveal just how much fun he had during his time at Aberdeen?

Swally said he'd not be there after all - child-minding duties.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

This is the speech Elon Musk complains about. https://www.parliament.scot/chamber-and-committees/official-report/search-what-was-said-in-parliament/meeting-of-parliament-10-06-2020?meeting=12685&iob=114774#4941

Anyone who finds something objectionable in there is obviously racist AF.

"This is the part where we should all begin to feel uncomfortable, because we have to accept the reality and the evidence that is in front of us, that Scotland has a problem of structural racism. As members have said, we can take the Parliament as an example. More than 300 MSPs have come to and gone from this Parliament—our nation’s Parliament. In 20 years, there has not been a single black member of the Scottish Parliament, to our shame; there has not been a single woman MSP of colour, to our shame; and the only four ethnic minority MSPs have all been Scots Asian males.

Take Anas Sarwar and I. We are hardly even diverse between us. We are both male, we were both born and raised in Glasgow’s south side, we are both in our mid-30s, we went to the same private school, we are both middle class and our fathers even come from the same region in Pakistan. His father happens to be the governor of the region; my dad did not quite get there.

The Conservatives, Greens and Liberal Democrats have never had a single person of colour in their MSP ranks in 20 years of devolution. I do not say that to point the finger; I say it because we have to make change. They have never had a single non-white MP from Scotland in their history.

To my colleagues in the Government, I say that we know that we are not immune, either. Some people have been surprised or taken aback by my mention on my social media that at 99 per cent of the meetings that I go to, I am the only non-white person in the room.

Why are we so surprised when the most senior positions in Scotland are filled almost exclusively by people who are white? Take my portfolio, for example. The Lord President is white, the Lord Justice Clerk is white, every High Court judge is white, the Lord Advocate is white, the Solicitor General is white, the chief constable is white, every deputy chief constable is white, every assistant chief constable is white, the head of the Law Society is white, the head of the Faculty of Advocates is white and every prison governor is white. 

That is not the case only in justice. The chief medical officer is white, the chief nursing officer is white, the chief veterinary officer is white, the chief social work adviser is white and almost every trade union in the country is headed by white people. In the Scottish Government, every director general is white. Every chair of every public body is white. That is not good enough.

I do not doubt that across the private sector, black and minority ethnic people are similarly underrepresented at senior levels. That is a collective failure that includes every single one of us. I hope that we are sitting uncomfortably, because those should be uncomfortable truths for us all."

It was an utterly ludicrous speech tbf but I don’t think it was hateful. 

Hate crime reports are handled by the force's Contact, Command and Control centres. These have been extremely busy but are understood to be coping with the number of complaints Ms Brown told BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland programme that "misinformation" and publicity had led to the high number of reports. She also confirmed that a "fake complaint" was made using her name and contact details on Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-68721208

😆

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

He’s such a fucking loser 😂

He just knows where his bread is buttered 

His standing with them is on the rise

They have forgotten how much money he creamed off them for doing a poor job

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

The same guy who said yesterday that "it only took JK Rowling one day to defeat the new law".

Idiot Facepalm GIF

He isn't the brightest"cryptobro" around..........

7 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

It was an utterly ludicrous speech tbf but I don’t think it was hateful. 

No, that's not "tbf". It's anything but fair.

Underrepresentation of women and minorities in senior roles in the public and private sectors is well-documented and can only have one of two possible causes: white men are better than everyone else or there are institutional and systemic barriers. Which is it?

8 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

This is exactly what a journalist needs to ask him - which protected group will he be threatening or abusing, and how does he intend to stir up hatred of them?

3 hours ago, throbber said:

If I had a pound for every time I heard that 

People seem to forget this is the Politics sub-forum of the General Nonsense forum, of a website for football forums. 

The Politics sub-forum is nutty as f**k. Only out-nuttied by the Juniors forum and I’m not sure that even exists anymore.

I stand corrected the Juniors forum is still alive.

Edited by Scary Bear

41 minutes ago, GordonS said:

No, that's not "tbf". It's anything but fair.

Underrepresentation of women and minorities in senior roles in the public and private sectors is well-documented and can only have one of two possible causes: white men are better than everyone else or there are institutional and systemic barriers. Which is it?

Having a more diverse ruling class isn’t one of my priorities, however, reducing inequality and the power the ruling class has is one of my priorities.