Nathan Paterson

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I think Everton are ideal fit to be honest. Seamus Coleman in the latter years of his career still seems to be the only natural attacking right back at the club. The likes of Holgate and Jonjo Kenny etc have filled in over the last few years but the position seems to have ultimately been Coleman’s with little competition.

Imagine being in the position where  you don’t really have to. 

The club is in a total state with an underperforming manager though.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

The club is in a total state with an underperforming manager though.

Whilst true this arguably could benefit Patterson’s development. He’s moving to a stronger league, going to come up against better players and will hopefully become their first choice right back. Just hope he plays well and stands out in that shambles of a side.

Edited by 8MileBU

16 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Whilst true this arguably could benefit Patterson’s development. He’s moving to a stronger league, going to come up against better players and will hopefully become their first choice right back. Just hope he plays well and stands out in that shambles of a side.

Definitely interesting to see how he gets on. The step up in training will surely do him the world of good.

To be honest I don’t really buy into the “training with better players” concept. I would fancy Sevco to beat Everton currently and not just on this seasons form. Think Everton have a lot of average PL players.

Opposition will be consistently better which will hopefully help his development for Scotland.

Daily Record says £10m so it’s probably £5m. The currant Govan-based entity needs cash very badly. 

I’m delighted for Patterson. Will follow his career in the EPL with interest and hoping he is a huge success.

Edited by Thorongil

18 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Imagine being in the position where  you don’t really have to. 

You make it sound like giving youth a chance is a burden. Imagine being able to play your best youths for a few years and doubling their value instead of letting them go at the first whiff of a profit.

I genuinely think Patterson could go on to have a similar career trajectory to Tierney. The big difference being, Celtic got 3 solid years out of him and £25m. I'm sure right now it seems like great business, but in hindsight in a few years it probably won't.

An astonishing sum of money to get for a player who's barely played 30 games in his career with fewer than 20 starts, but it's a good move for him and he's got more of a chance of starting games there. It's a good deal for all involved.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

"Fringe Sevco player makes move to middle of the road English Prem bench"

Hardly worth it's own thread.

Disagree: I am strongly in favour of Pie and Bovril becoming a dispassionate, thread-by-thread digest of all events that vaguely relate to Scottish football.

Seems a decent player, and I wish the lad well, but the fact he is from one of the OF, the media are literally lining up to give him a metaphorical hand job.

Take this thread for example, would people start a dedicated thread if it was a promising player from Aberdeen, Hibs or.. heaven forbid, St Mirren?

Edited by Ric

He seems like a decent player, and hopefully he will progress in England, if only for the sake of the Scotland National team.

The only certainty, of course, is that he is now financially secure for life.

When you look at the kind of figures coming out of Chelsea accounts the other day, while the transfer fee is not inconsequential for Rangers (and would be incredible for other teams in our league) its bugger all for these EPL clubs - they lose that kind of money down the back of the sofa every year.

Edited by Leith Green

It’s very funny to me that supporters of other teams keep trying to second guess the fee.

Rangers have been working towards making a big sale and transitioning to that model for years. Anyone paying attention can hardly be surprised.

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is this thread for anyone who may head down south?  Is Ramsay being looked at?

Only by Man U, Arsenal, Leicester, Newcastle, Watford, Bologna and Eintracht Frankfurt if recent press is to be believed.

I'm sure at least some/most of the clubs will just be journalists making a guess or his agent trying to generate more interest.

Edited by Rodhull

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

It’s very funny to me that supporters of other teams keep trying to second guess the fee.

Rangers have been working towards making a big sale and transitioning to that model for years. Anyone paying attention can hardly be surprised.

The whole ‘undisclosed’ shit is annoying these days. Has twitteratti  wanks pretending to be itk then you find out a year later in the accounts that they were talking rubbish but nobody really cares by that point.

Edited by gannonball