Missing In Action

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I was just meaning that everyone's got things they regret that they don't need to be constantly reminded of many years later. 

Why anyone would want to forget their contribution to one of the most amusing threads on here, I have no idea. Besides, if Miley was actually bothered, he'd just slide into a fresh new account and pretend nothing ever happened.

This seems awfully personal - what did you do, WB? You can trust your P&B chums to be sympathetic.

49 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Why anyone would want to forget their contribution to one of the most amusing threads on here, I have no idea. Besides, if Miley was actually bothered, he'd just slide into a fresh new account and pretend nothing ever happened.

This seems awfully personal - what did you do, WB? You can trust your P&B chums to be sympathetic.

Let he who is without sin cast the first jobby.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Even the Bible becomes more amusing by the introduction of poo.

When I was in a catholic youth group we used to sing a song called "the 7 constipated men in the bible". Life changing.

Ken, I was cool as f**k as a teenager.

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Anyone know what’s happened to @Dons_1988? He seems to have disappeared off P&B not having posted since 22nd October. I’m sure he was booked up for Greece last night.

He asked to be banned.

Hopefully will return after a break.

Edited by Aubrey Maturin

30 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

What possesses somebody to ask to be banned?

I'm not getting the rationale behind this. 

I can think of a few reasons. For example, perhaps you're an employee of an SPFL club who enjoys trolling (calling people paedophiles, that kind of thing), and suddenly realise that it might not good for your future employment for there to be evidence of this online, so you send a panicky letter to P&B Towers demanding that all trace of your account be removed lest ye employ the services of Donaldson Solicitors of Alloa. Just an entirely theoretical example, there.

We've also had more than one poster who asked to have their account closed after disappearing down one of the internet's many rabbit holes, presumably because they'd been spending far too much time online and had a moment of clarity that it hadn't been very good for their mind. Hopefully they all made a full recovery after some time touching grass.

Oh, and there was a guy who linked to his Twitter account, only for another poster to out them as an abuser more than a decade later because their account belonged to a person who'd had some accusatory posts made about them on a private Facebook group years prior. I'm guessing they asked to have their account closed and now post under another name.

I was about to mention the poster who mentioned his & his wife's ages in one post, and the length of their relationship in another, only for the P&B detective agency to do the math and calculate that he'd been hanging about the school gates after he became too old for Club 18-30. Hasn't logged in for eight years, but his account's still open, so maybe we'll see a triumphant return someday.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I can think of a few reasons. For example, perhaps you're an employee of an SPFL club who enjoys trolling (calling people paedophiles, that kind of thing), and suddenly realise that it might not good for your future employment for there to be evidence of this online, so you send a panicky letter to P&B Towers demanding that all trace of your account be removed lest ye employ the services of Donaldson Solicitors of Alloa. Just an entirely theoretical example, there.

We've also had more than one poster who asked to have their account closed after disappearing down one of the internet's many rabbit holes, presumably because they'd been spending far too much time online and had a moment of clarity that it hadn't been very good for their mind. Hopefully they all made a full recovery after some time touching grass.

Oh, and there was a guy who linked to his Twitter account, only for another poster to out them as an abuser more than a decade later because their account belonged to a person who'd had some accusatory posts made about them on a private Facebook group years prior. I'm guessing they asked to have their account closed and now post under another name.

I was about to mention the poster who mentioned his & his wife's ages in one post, and the length of their relationship in another, only for the P&B detective agency to do the math and calculate that he'd been hanging about the school gates after he became too old for Club 18-30. Hasn't logged in for eight years, but his account's still open, so maybe we'll see a triumphant return someday.

I know it was tongue in cheek but that’s inexcusable 

35 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Unknown

EdgarusQPFC

NotThePars

turboshandy

None of them have returned, as far as I'm aware.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I know it was tongue in cheek but that’s inexcusable 

Which?

53 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Unknown

EdgarusQPFC

NotThePars

turboshandy

None of them have returned, as far as I'm aware.

The first one has, several times.

Thankfully no longer associated with the club.

Edit: there's such a thing as Internet addiction, and I'd guess that's why most folk ask for their accounts to be terminated. You could end up posting instead of working like @Melanius Mullarkay.

Hold on, he's been doing that for years without issue...talk about living the dream.

Edited by BFTD

On 10/11/2023 at 13:06, kingjoey said:

Anyone know what’s happened to @Dons_1988? He seems to have disappeared off P&B not having posted since 22nd October. I’m sure he was booked up for Greece last night.

He was getting a bit ridiculous on some Celtic threads but overall I thought he was a good poster imo. Hopefully not away for too long.

40 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He was getting a bit ridiculous on some Celtic threads but overall I thought he was a good poster imo. Hopefully not away for too long.

To be perfectly honest, there is only one set of fans who are a bit ridiculous on Celtic threads. Not all of them, but certainly some.