Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

They’re aiming to place it between league 2 and the current HL/LL.   it’s a shambolic plan that needs chucked in the sea, with maxwell still attached.

Thanks parsforlife.

Leaving aside the LL B teams farce, i'm curious to see how this Conference would pan out.

Even a 16 team Conference might have problems finding 8 Highland League teams on merit.

15 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Is the Conference above or below the Lowland League?

The SFA and presumably the SPFL at board level think they can squeeze the Conference League in at Tier 5 pushing the HL and LL with everyone else down a tier.

There's a certain arrogance or ignorance as usual going on here with the mention of an "agreed pathway for promotion and relegation". Considering we've had a decade of attempted reconstruction in some fashion. That falls as soon as member clubs are consulted.

I thought the whole concept of the pyramid was to find your level due to on-field results (with the caveat of meeeting ground ctiteria, licensing etc)

How is it a pyramid if you can just make up leagues and insert them half way up the pyramid and put in who you want.

Absolute disgrace

Edited by Wile E Coyote

The SFA is saying the LL has to vote Yes for another season of the B teams in 23/24 .............and if the LL vote NO they are threatening to bring in the Conference League.

This is disgraceful bullying behavior.   

SFA =  Shameful Football Association

Really hope the Lowland League teams tell them to Get to F***

We knew it was coming.

Stunned they've rushed it through in April before more of the turds flush over the close season and we have little transparency on the voting specifics.

Another 5 years of this shite I'd say. Most we can hope for now is two end up going down or one down and Broomhill go bust to keep the process going along as speedily as possible.

Edited by Benidorm

5 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Surely any attempt to shoehorn the new 5th division would need all league clubs to vote for it? If so, I’m sure St Mirren will vote against

Its the SFA - they'll do what they want.

4 B teams and 3 "invited" Judas clubs from the HL and LL to give them a conference of 10 - they want the B teams to win it to stop the pyramid. The likes of Stenhousemuir, Albion and Stranraer are shitting it about their inevitable relegations out of the SPFL and will gladly support the B teams if it means their feeble bed blocking offer nothing clubs get to stay in the league structure.

8 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Surely any attempt to shoehorn the new 5th division would need all league clubs to vote for it? If so, I’m sure St Mirren will vote against

It has to have been a bluff imo, it worked though, they've got what they wanted.