Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I note that amongst the past winners of the Highland League are Aberdeen "A".

I wonder why the northern equivalent of the LL, The Highland League hasn't had Colts teams forced on it- you could have Ross County and Aberdeen for starters, maybe ICT (albeit they're skint) and conceivably Dundee and Dundee United. I mean surely the argument for having the Cheeks plus the Jambos Colts in the LL would equally apply to having Aberdeen Colts in the HL.

Or is it because the HL has been going since 1893 and they're not prepared to put up with shite like this.

ICT wanted to enter a reserve team a couple of years ago. It got rejected by the board. So they decided to loan a load of players out to Fort William instead, for all the help it gave them... The league tightened up the loan rules after that to avoid the situation happening again. I do wonder if theoretically Aberdeen wanted to enter a team, that might turn some heads. I'd hope not, but I think they'd have more sway than ICT. Off the top of my head, it was pre-WW2 that Aberdeen last entered their reserves in the league.

Traditionally, the North Caledonian League was the North of Scotland 2nd XI league and contained reserve teams of HFL clubs as well as first teams. Ross County and ICT entered teams up until twenty years or so ago after they entered the SFL. Standard is probably a bit too low now. The league currently has Nairn County and Clachnacuddin reserves in it.

5 hours ago, Spyro said:

Looking at the discussion on their thread, it seems everyone associated with Cowden have been living in a cave for the last 4-5 years!

Hook

Line

Sinker

Longer than that - 'chaos' seems to have simply replaced 'Armageddon' in the Scottish football administrator's vocabulary of obviously unenforceable, bullshit mewling. 

Was on the coo thread last night.

To me it reads they still see themselves as an SPFL club. So simply are terrified of being pushed further down the ladder.

Some suggestions, without actually saying as such, that this conference league could be by invitation. Which in the warped world of SFAland makes sense.

Another point I was thinking; we are constantly told it's be for the foundlings development to play the same age level.teams year in year out.

Eh, 6 weans teams and 4 part timers doesn't shout development at all.

All about having teams in pyramid when Euro Leagues come into being.

29 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Was on the coo thread last night.

To me it reads they still see themselves as an SPFL club. So simply are terrified of being pushed further down the ladder.

Some suggestions, without actually saying as such, that this conference league could be by invitation. Which in the warped world of SFAland makes sense.

Another point I was thinking; we are constantly told it's be for the foundlings development to play the same age level.teams year in year out.

Eh, 6 weans teams and 4 part timers doesn't shout development at all.

All about having teams in pyramid when Euro Leagues come into being.

Maybe they are squinting their eyes when looking at this table 😂

Screenshot_20230419_093119_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Maybe they are squinting their eyes when looking at this table 😂

Screenshot_20230419_093119_Chrome.jpg

I know whit they like.

I just have this feeling that it was intimated that  because it will be a new league, entry will be by invitation. 

SFA really have no idea how to run football.

Revolution is required.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

2 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

No doubt there will be threats from Maxwell telling the clubs they'll be banned from future seasons etc., but by voicing their united anger, there might just be change?

Are these decisions not made by members at the AGM?

18 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Are these decisions not made by members at the AGM?

Therin lies another problem.  In 2018 the SFA voted through an amendment that says unless you're in tier 5 or above, or a historical member (ie before 2018), then you neither have a vote or a voice at the AGM.  So all new SFA members since 2018, unless they are LL or HL clubs, do not have a vote.

15 hours ago, charlie king mvp said:

...The lack of detail coming from the authorities here is a disgrace.  Can they do this? What is the mechanism for setting it up? Do the current tier 5 leagues need to agree on the pyramid playoff?  These questions and more need answered.

The answer to the bolded part is clearly yes in terms of the rules as published. When the SFA wanted the east and west regions of the SJFA to become feeders to the LL a few years back in pyramid working group meetings, the EoS and LL were able to block it from happening because of a similar playoff agreement that the SFA, LL, SoS, and EoS all had to sign off on where changes were concerned.

13 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

It would be Interesting to hear from;

Spartans, East Kilbride, University of Stirling, Berwick Gers, Broomhill, Gala FR, Gretna '08, Scumbie Colts, CSS, and Cowdenbeath.

The silence from our club (Berwick) is ominous. And that in itself tells a tale - if we have voted for the B teams, let's hear the justification, whether that be voting under duress due to the threat of a Conference League, or some other reason. Maybe they are just embarrassed, or maybe they voted No.

I hope we voted 'no', but it seems unlikely now. The yes vote was demonstrably wrong a few years ago, in terms of principle and footballing integrity. The false promises then, the vanishing money, the pathetic nature of B team fixtures ("hey, with a bit of luck they'll be at a tournament in Azerbaijan"), the failed crowds and the vitriol we got from all quarters for being complicit in opening the door to this utter crap, makes it even more important now that we should have voted on principle and integrity. 

And I haven't even mentioned the word "pyramid".

The lowland League is beyond embarrassing. I hope there is a secret pow-wow going on in a darkened room where several LL clubs and lots of others clinging to the shaky ladder below, are talking about a completely separate structure that somehow can tell the pathetic Lowland League to get tae f**k. 

If we can't have a decent pyramid, slavering to the B teams is as excruciating as it is unnecessary.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Longer than that - 'chaos' seems to have simply replaced 'Armageddon' in the Scottish football administrator's vocabulary of obviously unenforceable, bullshit mewling. 

You mean  when the Blue Brazil were beating Morton. I remember well the Sweetieman giving a speech before the games.

Edited by Blue Brazil Forever

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Therin lies another problem.  In 2018 the SFA voted through an amendment that says unless you're in tier 5 or above, or a historical member (ie before 2018), then you neither have a vote or a voice at the AGM.  So all new SFA members since 2018, unless they are LL or HL clubs, do not have a vote.

If ever there is justification for the creation of a third Tier 5 league it is this. I don't like this idea for any other reason but needs must. If it changed the balance of power at the SFA then it would be a very good thing so Highland, South West and South East Leagues please at Tier 5 asap.

21 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Who are the people on the 'Scottish football pyramid working group committee', anyone know?

Ally McCoist should be asking that question...

14 minutes ago, Dev said:

If ever there is justification for the creation of a third Tier 5 league it is this. I don't like this idea for any other reason but needs must. If it changed the balance of power at the SFA then it would be a very good thing so Highland, South West and South East Leagues please at Tier 5 asap.

Any new league requires approval by the SFA.

If the worst comes to the worst and the "outside the SPFL" Conference went ahead with 10 teams, including 4  as "B" sides then, as has been pointed out in other posts, there is the prospect of these "B" side youngsters playing against very few adult senior players each season - so the Conference serves no useful purpose in the first place?

There is also the question of whether or not the SPFL would agree to have promotion/relegation arrangements with the Conference. If it doesn't then why would existing Lowland or Highland League clubs move to an isolated no promotion or relegation Youth league?

In the event that the League went ahead it would relegate current Tier 5 leagues down to Tier 6 - so their clubs would lose their SFA members vote. Is this the real purpose of this otherwise foolish proposal. Surely certain elements at the SFA aren't that devious and sly?

If the current Tier 5 leagues's member clubs are to retain their SFA members votes, even though their leagues are down to Tier 6, then some clubs which voted in favour of the "B" teams in the Lowland League next season may just have an eye open to gaining a place in the new Conference league. In that case let them go and replace them with clubs from the WoS/EoS/SoS. That would increase the numbers of clubs outside the SPFL which, as Full SFA members, would have SFA votes. 

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Any new league requires approval by the SFA.

Not suggesting otherwise. However, creating the issue would force the SFA to deal with it i.e. make a public decision so puts them on the spot. Make them as uncomfortable and exposed as possible by taking the initiative and putting them on the spot. Don't wait for them to take the lead.

Edited by Dev

The conference is wrong on so many levels the only good its for is lining peoples pockets higher up, including Maxwell.  We have all fought long and hard for a fully working pyramid system and only reason why its not fully working is due to clubs in SPFL2 and the Lowland trying to stop relegation from their divisions as in self preservation and now last couple of years the SFA and the Old Firm have got involved pushing B teams into the Lowland and to be honest, it wont stop and they don't give a feck about lower down B teams.

When you think of it the B teams inclusion
First they said ' it was for one year only 2021/22 '
and then
this season they said ' its extremely encouraging that the lowland league has agreed to assist our clubs on a temporary basis for season 2022/23 '

Think this time it will be
"Feck you all, we have used you and your all that dumb shit you fell for it for season 23/24"

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Has anyone actually confirmed if this Conference League was real or did this come from the imaginations of the Rangers and Celtic supporting media, knowing that diddy team supporters pride integrity and fair play which to them is a weakness?

Rangers and Celtic and their dark armies don't play by those rules.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Not suggesting otherwise. However, creating the issue would force the SFA to deal with it i.e. make a public decision so puts them on the spot. Make them as uncomfortable and exposed as possible by taking the initiative and putting them on the spot. Don't wait for them to take the lead.

They took the lead some time ago. All that’s left now is for the B teams to be allowed promotion, which is 99% certain to happen from next year. The alternative is a conference so be careful how uncomfortable you wish to make them because if it were me the so called 5 goods guys wouldn’t be invited. Mon the colts 🤣