Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/01/2024 at 18:04, doulikefish said:

30p  Anderson has resigned 

Who will now spend more time with his family if not more money.

Lots of exciting bargain meals for them I guess.

Edited by Fullerene

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There are people, people who vote, who will swallow that excuse for being an utterly predictable coward.

Yip. Totally opposed to it for months to the point he felt compelled to resign his post yet come the vote, he votes in favour all "to get it up Labour as they were giggling and taking the mick". 

An utter kunts kunt.

Edited by Billy Jean King

36 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

He's not even trying to hide his disdain.

It can't be pointed out enough how even The Thick Of It would struggle to come up with these moments. 

Get these horrible c***s emptied ASAP. 

He probably thought, like I did, that she was about to rant about the new quality street wrappers. Wasn’t her though.

2 hours ago, RuMoore said:

He's not even trying to hide his disdain.

It can't be pointed out enough how even The Thick Of It would struggle to come up with these moments. 

Get these horrible c***s emptied ASAP. 

If he were ever going to learn anything from Johnson, he'd have to know that he needs a large fridge available at all times. Basics.

Corporate criminals have nothing to fear from this government.

HMRC has not charged a single company over tax evasion under landmark legislation

Powers bestowed by the Criminal Finances Act 2017 are not being used effectively, say critics

I've been looking for this quote -

"I've been crystal clear repeatedly that I won't let a foreign court stop us from getting flights off and getting this deterrent up and running," Sunak said, according to Sky News.

"The bill specifically contains a power that makes clear that ministers are the ones that make these decisions. Parliament has supported that."

"[The bill also] makes it perfectly clear that the domestic courts should respect that decision. I would not have put that clause in the bill if I was not prepared to use it. So, look, if you're asking me are there circumstances in which I will ignore rule 39, then the answer is clearly yes."

Heard this a couple of days ago and I was half listening to it on BBC, the word foreign caught my attention when used in this context. Doesn't it make you proud to be British standing up to and ignoring these pesky foreign senior courts with their soft feather bed liberal ideals?

1 hour ago, Artie said:

I've been looking for this quote -

"I've been crystal clear repeatedly that I won't let a foreign court stop us from getting flights off and getting this deterrent up and running," Sunak said, according to Sky News.

According to the Acts of Union 1707, Article XIX preserves the independence of Scotland's legal system. According to Rishi, therefore, Scotland can ignore decisions of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom.

Well, you can't have your cake & eat it, can you?

Looks like tomorrow the House of Lords will be discussing the UK-Rwanda treaty before moving onto the bill's second reading on the 29th.

Be interesting to see if the House of Lords understand the implications of breaking one of the core principles of International Law, the UK Government already prepared to break our own law on Non-Refoulement with no shits given. Cleverly's Safety of Rwanda (Asylum and Immigration ) Bill looks good on paper to those eyes that needed to be convinced but once those planes touch down it might very well be a completely different story out of sight from the British public. All very well reassuring, but how many more lies and smoke screens by the current UKG does it take to convince everyone that, its not going to be alright, its never going to be alright.

we are seeing the erosion of core laws that are in place to protect human rights just because a dozen or so politicians take illegal migrants landing on our shores personally. It shows up even our own rights in the UK are fragile and at the whim of our politicians, we know this from the pandemic.

Edited by Artie

5 minutes ago, Artie said:

It shows up even our own rights in the UK are fragile and at the whim of our politicians, we know this from the pandemic.

What rights are still eroded from the pandemic response?  Off the top of my head I can only think of drinking on trains.