Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

15 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The admin involved in dealing with this is probably impractical.

Just like the SG argues it isn’t worth the effort to means test prescription charges and all the other goodies it gives out.

In this case, time is of the essence, I would have thought.

Cant imagine you complained on receiving tax relief at the top rate when paying in to your SIPP.

It's about three lines of text more work for a parliamentary draftsman to make the allowance payable only in respect of your only or main residence as defined for capital gains purposes. 

That changes the potential claimant's decision for claiming on a second home from "shall i claim what's due to me? " to "shall i commit fraud for a few hundred pounds? ". 

It's probably not worth putting in an enforcement framework but high risk claims (eg multiple from same name) could be audited by existing agencies - hmrc, police, audit office etc. 

The cost benefit analysis and optics is vastly different than on a £7 prescription. 

16 hours ago, Left Back said:

You (and many others) are so blinded by hatred that a Tory donating money to charity is somehow spun as a bad thing.

Means testing is apparently bad and expensive so what would you like?  Means testing to determine who gets the money or no means testing?  You can’t have it both ways.

On the charity point, it's not giving the money that's the problem, it's how he got it. But you knew that and were deliberately missing the point. 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

On the charity point, it's not giving the money that's the problem, it's how he got it. But you knew that and were deliberately missing the point. 

It also depends on which charities. Aren't public schools registered as such, so that a Tory cabinet minister could potentially claim the allowance, donate it to Eton and have a classroom named after him?

7 minutes ago, GordonD said:

It also depends on which charities. Aren't public schools registered as such, so that a Tory cabinet minister could potentially claim the allowance, donate it to Eton and have a classroom named after him?

Yes, good point. 

Andrew Lloyd Weber has an art charity. He put his personal multi million pound collection in so he could claim tax relief on the cost and is the trustee. He kindly looks after the art at his house and meets the charitable objectives by lending the odd piece to pleb galleries. 

So they could give to that, or the many like them. 

"earned amnesty" for childhood victims of human trafficking.
f**k the UK, f**k this guy, and the whole ultracunty lot of them. 
Fraser Nelson is an utter fucking weirdo. He spent days trawling DWP stats to make point about working age folk on benefits to an audience who don't care anyway, and still got it wrong.

On 11/07/2022 at 18:02, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 11/07/2022 at 13:48, carpetmonster said:
Home Office rules 14 month old fine to stay in Jamaica by herself and have maw and da Venmo her some cash to keep her going
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/11/woman-who-gave-birth-in-jamaica-stranded-after-baby-refused-entry-to-uk

They really are fucking vermin.

Shat it basically as soon as the papers got wind; thank f**k for (very) small mercies 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/12/home-office-grants-woman-and-baby-stranded-in-jamaica-leave-to-return-to-uk

20 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

"earned amnesty" for childhood victims of human trafficking.

f**k the UK, f**k this guy, and the whole ultracunty lot of them. 

I think he’s coming from the wrong place but the regime that he’s proposing, cunty though it is, would be better than what we have, let alone what the nut job wing of the nut job party is putting in place.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

I think he’s coming from the wrong place but the regime that he’s proposing, cunty though it is, would be better than what we have, let alone what the nut job wing of the nut job party is putting in place.

Sure but i don't care. How long must you spend as a child slave before you've earned enough Brittania points? 

f**k that.

Imagine typing that out and thinking, "aye that's fine, send to editor."

13 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Of course she has. She has no idea whose "party line" to advocate, and she doesn't want to state anything that her eventual boss might disagree with. 

She can't express an opinion, because she doesn't know what it's meant to be yet! 

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Sure but i don't care. How long must you spend as a child slave before you've earned enough Brittania points? 

f**k that.

Imagine typing that out and thinking, "aye that's fine, send to editor."

It’s not about spending time as a slave. It’s about Olympic medals. If that story had come from Hussein the part-time kitchen porter with a string of petty drug convictions I’m certain he’d have been ranting about the ECHR snowflakes stopping us from repatriating/ executing him.

My point was more that it says a lot about how shit the current situation is.

5 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Of course she has. She has no idea whose "party line" to advocate, and she doesn't want to state anything that her eventual boss might disagree with. 

She can't express an opinion, because she doesn't know what it's meant to be yet! 

Ministers should not have the option of declining to attend committes such as this.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Ministers should not have the option of declining to attend committes such as this.

They'd likely just "no comment" their way through it, although making them do that would be a worthwhile endeavour in itself.

The notable exception would be Nadine Dorries rambling away like a five year old trying to lie their way out of being caught with their hand in the cookie jar. That ought to be on the telly once a week, at least.