Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
22 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

ITV reporting that tonight. Tories planning a Trump style dump of Tory peers into the Lords in an attempt to guarantee their legislation gets through. Shameful but far from surprising.

The thing is they've no shame & the more people get that....the better chance of getting them out & tae Falkirk 😁

17 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I'm not sure it's unprecedented, I can't remember when but if I recall correctly, it's been done before. Doesn't make it any less chronic though.

Another example of something that you cannot imagine ever happening in a modern north European country.

What are they in a rush to get through is the worry, usually the Lords can only delay things for a bit. The NI protocol bill would be my bet, or the Solvency 2 bill that will free up capital that the Insurance and banking sectors have to keep aside so they don't need tax payer bailouts like 2008.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What are they in a rush to get through is the worry, usually the Lords can only delay things for a bit. The NI protocol bill would be my bet, or the Solvency 2 bill that will free up capital that the Insurance and banking sectors have to keep aside so they don't need tax payer bailouts like 2008.

They've had far worse things brewing in their heads for a long time.

It is interesting that there's an apparent desire to speed things up. A bit of a tacit admission that they know things are going to get much, much worse in the years to come, and they aren't confident that a caretaker Labour government would take all of the blame.

Breaking laws, breaking promises, just another day in Toryland:

Ministers are poised to break a promise to give MPs a final say before approving the controversial post-Brexit trade deal with Australia, sparking fresh anger.

The agreement – which will punish the farming and food sectors, on the government’s own figures – will clear parliament on Wednesday under an obscure behind closed doors process.

14 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Oh blast, that will really spoil the mood when he was going to be interviewed discussing the "cost of living crisis".

Now now, let's not be hasty. Maybe the summer party thing was just cover for the real event... He was going to donate the whole lot to a food bank. 

Maybe one day... 

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Now now, let's not be hasty. Maybe the summer party thing was just cover for the real event... He was going to donate the whole lot to a food bank. 

Maybe one day... 

I am sure the good guys of P and B will all be invited around soon.