Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

For anyone interested, I’ve compiled a handy list of what will happen following these allegations about Sunak’s wife:

1) Absolutely nothing at all

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

For anyone interested, I’ve compiled a handy list of what will happen following these allegations about Sunak’s wife:

1) Absolutely nothing at all

I agree but it will resurface when he goes for the Tory Party leadership.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I agree but it will resurface when he goes for the Tory Party leadership.

Yes, if there's one thing we've seen over the last 12 years it's that the electorate *definitely* care about this kind of stuff.

There's an evil part of me hoping for a snap general election soon, so we can get the inevitable increased majority out of the way. Then I can give up on humanity entirely and start the killing.

(not you guys, obviously)

10 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think that ship may already have sailed Granny, it's been a bad few weeks for him and likely to get worse.

Yeah, wonder if we are seeing a bit of Bojo's revenge here now that he's more or less managed to get through partygate. I'm still not sure Sunak or anyone else really wants the big job right now anyway. The cost of living crisis is only just beginning and you probably don't want to be the person in charge when that really starts to bite, especially considering how hard it's going to hit pensioners and the middle classes.

The current situation is enough as it stands to kill any ambitions Sunak had stone dead. If ever there was a man who got lucky in politics, it's Rishi Sunak - walked into a job by default and handed out a load of free money. Of course that's going to buy popularity. But it can't be sustained. 

Nevertheless, Team Boris must be absolutely delighted that this has all cropped up and they can now focus on building up a portfolio on Liz Truss in case they need it. 

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Nevertheless, Team Boris must be absolutely delighted that this has all cropped up and they can now focus on building up a portfolio on Liz Truss in case they need it. 

Aye, they'll be up all night ... 

It is amazing that so many Tories don't see this stuff with Sunak's wife as a problem. 

The wife of the Chancellor is using a tax loophole to pay less tax in the UK. Forget their wealth for a minute - this here reinforces the "One rule for them, one for us" narrative.

Thatcher was re-elected for the first time on the back of the Falklands War. (I wouldn't be surprised if she persuaded the Argies to invade in the first place.)

Now Boris will point to the Ukraine situation and tell us, "Remember the hardship during World War Two - you have to sacrifice something when there's a war on," hoping that people won't notice that we're not actually in it.

Eric Pickles performance at the Grenfell enquiry is a clear demonstration of what the Tories really think of us.

He was called because he was the relevant Govt. Minister when a report into an earlier fatal tower block fire was published in 2013. Mr. Pickles got the number of fatalities at Grenfel wrong (he quoted 96 the number who died at Hilsborough) said quicker implementations of the enquiry regulations “would not have made any difference whatsoever”  and reminded the enquiry that he was an extremely busy man “By all means sir, feel free to ask me as many questions as you like, but could I respectfully remind you that you did promise that we would be away this morning and I have changed my schedules to fit this in.”

Now he is no longer on the "greasy pole" he obviously wants to ignore any consequences of his previous (lack of) actions and bluster his way out of the enquiry ASAP, I'm sure the vast majority of the other witnesses (the little people) called to attend also have other things they could be doing.