World Cup qualifiers - Qatar 2022

I mean there's Ireland fluking their way to two euros and a few playoffs in the last decade but this team are rotten

Stephen Kenny is like us appointing someone like Steve Evans. Dreadful appointment

Edited by RosspCfc

Ireland look as brutal as ever, but without the ability to shan a goal out of nowhere. Their squad has absolutely no redeeming features either and they look set to be shite for a good while yet.

Malta also picking up a draw in Slovakia having been 2-0 up. Somewhat bricking it from Moldova and the Faroes now.

The teams looked pretty evenly matched TBH. The main difference was that, when Luxembourg were in attack, they looked a bit sharper and more likely to score. Even when pushing up towards the end, Luxembourg were coping with the Irish fairly comfortably.

The Irish must be worried about exactly where they're going to finish in this group now.

7 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Their squad is shocking. Full of average mid-table Championship jobbers. They're in for a tough time for a number of years. 

About time. Years of clogging their way to tournaments.

Fair play to them for overachieving for so long, but a well deserved spell in the wilderness looms.

Their squad gives me horrid flashbacks to Scotland squads around the 2010 mark where we also had an abundance of meat and potatoes championship level players getting called up. This was destined to happen from the minute they announced the whole McCarthy/Kenny situation, baffling decisions all round.

Also, i'm still bitter about them qualifying for Euro 2016 out of our group, so i'm taking quite a lot of enjoyment from them being rotten after years of watching them shithouse their way to the odd tournament after drawing Montenegro in a play off.