Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

398 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Come back and tell us your thoughts, when indyref2 still isn’t on the cards and 10 years have passed. It’ll be interesting to see your generations thoughts when you hit Yes Da age and independence is still just being talked about. Wonder if that once in a generation (40 years according to the Tories!) moment will have come along yet.

This is the last election where I automatically vote SNP. If this is just another 5 years of treading water then what’s the point of voting for them?

I wonder if older folk reach a certain age where they just think ‘that’s plenty’ and settle for collecting their pension and not having too much upheaval in their final years. 

What a bizarre post.  I’m 66 and want Independence, I wanted it last time around too but too many shitebags didn’t.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Possibly after Brexit was announced? After Brexit was done? If there hasn’t been the right time for it, why do the SNP regularly talk up the possibility of IndyRef2? Is it just to get votes?

What have the SNP achieved since the independence referendum? They have had loads of electoral success. What have they done with that success?

Nope, there was a common perception that this was jumping the gun.

It isn't 

They haven't

No, see above 

Demonstrated competence that allows confidence amongst the undecided

Guaranteed a platform to persuade the many that are undecided 

47 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Possibly after Brexit was announced? After Brexit was done? If there hasn’t been the right time for it, why do the SNP regularly talk up the possibility of IndyRef2? Is it just to get votes?

What have the SNP achieved since the independence referendum? They have had loads of electoral success. What have they done with that success?

Just give them both votes and shut up. 

Without the 2014 referendum, the movement wouldn't be where it is today.  I agree that is Tory policies from Westminster which has shifted the polls towards Yes, because almost nothing tangible has been done to advance independence by the SNP, under the current management.  At the same time, when the party had unassailable, outright, majorities in Holyrood and Westminster, they were squandered.  NS unilaterally obliterated decades of policy work on ways to achieve independence by pronouncing that anything other than a S30 approved vote, with the Tory government being able to subvert the franchise, would be "illegal/wildcat".  Despite the fact that our own courts had never ruled either way on the issue.  
I'd like nothing more than the next referendum to take place within the next two years.  We're around the same age, the SNP are the only party I've ever voted for.  They have it again this time on the constituency, however if they don't push for independence during this parliament, I fear they'll go the way of New Labour.  There are already hints of it.  Vacuous sloganeering, personality politics, forgetting the party base, sense of entitlement etc. 
ALBA have my list vote because I feel there's nothing to lose at this point by adding a bit more urgency to the independence debate.
Then you are a fucking tool

10 hours ago, Burning Barns said:

ALBA have my list vote because I feel there's nothing to lose at this point by adding a bit more urgency to the independence debate.

There's a lot to lose by talking even more about independence. Last year was the first time Yes had a lead in polls other than occasional likely outliers. That was clearly a reflection of confidence in handling of Covid - showing they could deal with the big stuff. Those people weren't persuaded by indyref, Brexit or the Tories winning four elections. You start banging on about independence with more "urgency" and they'll go back where they came from.

And those people hate Alex Salmond.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

There's a lot to lose by talking even more about independence. Last year was the first time Yes had a lead in polls other than occasional likely outliers. That was clearly a reflection of confidence in handling of Covid - showing they could deal with the big stuff. Those people weren't persuaded by indyref, Brexit or the Tories winning four elections. You start banging on about independence with more "urgency" and they'll go back where they came from.

E0aT_PpXoAQG4iL?format=png&name=900x900

Uh-huh.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Let's wait until furlough and other support schemes are over and see how many of the unemployed still support the SG's handling of Covid.  Of course it will be back to grievence politics at that point.

9 hours ago, sophia said:

Nope, there was a common perception that this was jumping the gun.

It isn't 

They haven't

No, see above 

Demonstrated competence that allows confidence amongst the undecided

Guaranteed a platform to persuade the many that are undecided 

Brexit isn’t done? Are we just waiting until all the ramifications come home to roost?

Nicola has been talking up IndyRef2 since 2016. I suppose, as it’s the parties reason to exist, she has to occasionally mention it.

Demonstrated competence? If the other parties up here weren’t such a shambles they might have a bit more difficulty. If another pro-independence party appeared on the scene it might make them work a bit harder. At the moment they have unchallenged power. It looks like the UK government have recognised this, given the new UK government buildings in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Against that, I don’t think it’s a bad thing if another mainstream Indy party emerges. I suppose there’s the Greens, and that’s where my List vote went this time. 

10 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Exactly. They're simply stringing along their voters to retain their wages. 

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Let's wait until furlough and other support schemes are over and see how many of the unemployed still support the SG's handling of Covid.  Of course it will be back to grievence politics at that point.

Good point. After this is over, unemployment is going to be massive.

Just look around at all the people in non- jobs. Everywhere you go, shops, schools, hospitals, public buildings, people are doing security type jobs ushering the public into queues, lines, checking phone numbers, etc, etc., Soon they will be gone.

Also, firms are becoming more efficient doing away with offices, shops, buildings, etc.

Add in the end of furlough, grants and cheap loans,the outlook for jobs will be grim.

Conversely the stock markets will do well due to the increase in profits brought about by efficiency.

Can’t see our SG having much clout to do much about things without the assistance of the big boy, the UK.

Brexit and a Corrupt Fraudulent tory government is the God send for Independence and the right to determine our own future, away from the tory clowns that try to appear as legitimate and know what they are doing.

All this shite that they knew how to handle the pandemic is absolute nonsense as it was the Scientists who guided them by the hand.

Are we expected to believe that a fraud such as Boris, a classic Greek graduate, had a fuckin clue about vaccines and lockdowns.

Edited by SandyCromarty

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Brexit and a Corrupt Fraudulent tory government is the God send for Independence and the right to determine our own future, away from the tory clowns that try to appear as legitimate and know what they are doing.

All this shite that they knew how to handle the pandemic is absolute nonsense as it was the Scientists who guided them by the hand.

Are we expected to believe that a fraud such as Boris, a classic Greek graduate, had a fuckin clue about vaccines and lockdowns.

When will this godsend manifest itself into support for independence? 

Whether folk like it or not Sturgeon has taken us further away from independence with every year she's had to f**k about, the SNP are having to deflect and obfuscate on more and more issues as time goes on.

13 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As loathe as I am to defend politicians, of course they've had to led in the COVID response by scientists. That's absolutely the correct thing to do. You aren't actually suggesting that they just make it up themselves are you?

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

When will this godsend manifest itself into support for independence? 

Whether folk like it or not Sturgeon has taken us further away from independence with every year she's had to f**k about, the SNP are having to deflect and obfuscate on more and more issues as time goes on.

Aye, all those polls are absolutely lying and you absolutely know better.

Definitely.

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

As loathe as I am to defend politicians, of course they've had to led in the COVID response by scientists. That's absolutely the correct thing to do. You aren't actually suggesting that they just make it up themselves are you?

Aye, all those polls are absolutely lying and you absolutely know better.

Definitely.

What polls are you reading that point to anything different, the SNP's Liebour moment is coming, might not be this week but it is coming. 

The "Once in a generation" question is a good one. Some Tories say this is 40 years. Some folk think it means 5 years. For me, I think normally this would be 18 years (like the devolution referenda). However we have had bigger changes within the UK that could accelerate this. Brexit is the obvious one as EU membership was a pinch point in 2014. We were told that we could only stay in the EU if we voted No. Turns out that was bollocks. 

To me, I reckon 10-15 years since 2014 would be about right. We can't do anything for the next couple of years as the "covid recovery" point will have too much traction.  We need a bit of time for the covid recovery and for people to really feel the effects of Brexit. Give people a couple of summers queueing at customs to go on a holiday when in the past they walked straight through. Keep talking up an independent Scotland. It doesn't come from one political party, it has to come from people. We're not there yet.

I remember the 97 election. Tony Blair came to Scotland to canvas for votes. At a press conference I remember him getting a bit flustered and asking the journalists if they had any questions that were not about devolution. Every question from every media outlet was about the same thing. This was a defining issue. We need independence to get to that stage. 

What polls are you reading that point to anything different, the SNP's Liebour moment is coming, might not be this week but it is coming. 
The "SNP's liebour moment" won't come until after Scotland is a normal independent country.

22 minutes ago, jakedee said:
49 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

The "SNP's liebour moment" won't come until after Scotland is a normal independent country.

We'll see, a large chunk are only lending them their vote for one last shot, I personally can't stand Sturgeon any longer but I'll probably force myself to vote SNP1 on Thursday(I'll find out if I'm stating a hypothetical once I get that pencil in my hand). 

2 hours ago, ayrmad said:

We'll see, a large chunk are only lending them their vote for one last shot, I personally can't stand Sturgeon any longer but I'll probably force myself to vote SNP1 on Thursday(I'll find out if I'm stating a hypothetical once I get that pencil in my hand). 

How big a chunk?

Nicola Sturgeon is the most skilled politician in the uk.

Or it could be bumbling Boris, gullible Gove, snob Mogg, idiot Shapps, Waffler Wallace, Bully Patel, Tiny Sunak and Del Boy Hancock, the list is endless with corrupt tories Ministers.

But Hey, who cares as it seems million of tory voters enjoy getting ripped off and receiving no lube screwings, mugs.