Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

398 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

We're getting ever closer to the 'I didn't think they would inspect my genitals, sobs woman who voted for the Inspecting People's Genitals Party' phase of this thing now.

Verging on nomination for 'post of the day'.... 😁

The only surprise here is that Jim Spence didn't fully endorse those comments - or maybe he did?

I suspect Spence was quoting it thinking it shows him and indeed Salmond in a good light.

He’s a bigoted clown. Spence, that is. Salmond isn’t pretending to be anything different.

5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

My own scientific research (Twitter) has concluded to the surprise of nobody, that the Alba supporters are generally a bunch of complete roasters. 

I agree, also think these Spence comments have been spun.  There's a difference between the interpretation and the quotes.

Think they'll get a seat or two.

That's the SNP there captured by a hundred loony tune activists who have so far failed to enact the one piece of legislation that they're obsessed with despite being the party of government and likely having majority parliamentary and public support for the policy.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Wait - Jim Spence isn’t sound? Why is this?

He's pretty much your perfect Alba Party man - very right-wing. voted Brexit, a history of being transphobic, a series of not-quite-racist but on the way there comments, constantly sharing Spiked content about the woke brigade, absolutely loves the police for some reason, and is aggressive and threatening towards those who disagree with him.

He's pretty much your perfect Alba Party man - very right-wing. voted Brexit, a history of being transphobic, a series of not-quite-racist but on the way there comments, constantly sharing Spiked content about the woke brigade, absolutely loves the police for some reason, and is aggressive and threatening towards those who disagree with him.

Oh man, that’s disappointing. I always thought he was one of the good guys of Scottish football.

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

AdamoSays ᵖᵃʳᵒᵈʸ on Twitter: "Adamo Says "I can be a private guy but  sometimes I share small details about myself with my team members. Next  time I talk to Thierry I will

He looks harmless too.

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

in what way is Spence right wing?  always thought he was a lefty.

7 minutes ago, tirso said:

in what way is Spence right wing?  always thought he was a lefty.

All of the ways I've just described there. He's one of those folk who see themselves as being a lefty but don't actually do any of the things that would back it up.

I can only presume the people who think Jim Spence isn't right-wing are the people who only remember him from BBC Sportsound and thought he was good because Rangers fans didn't like him.

You don't have to dig very far at all into his Twitter or his articles to realise exactly what he is.

My own scientific research (Twitter) has concluded to the surprise of nobody, that the Alba supporters are generally a bunch of complete roasters. 
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/05/salmond-supporters-accused-of-torrent-of-homophobic-and-transphobic-abuse?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Just now, G51 said:

I can only presume the people who think Jim Spence isn't right-wing are the people who only remember him from BBC Sportsound and thought he was good because Rangers fans didn't like him.

You don't have to dig very far at all into his Twitter or his articles to realise exactly what he is.

I looked at his twitter, he's a bit all over the place  he's retweeting NIP a left wing party, an Ian Murray anti Indy EU rant, Chris McEleny Alba bumf and George Galloway.

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

All of the ways I've just described there. He's one of those folk who see themselves as being a lefty but don't actually do any of the things that would back it up.

There's obviously no neat box for everyone but I don't think spence is right wing.  I don't have twitter but there seem to be a new idea if there's diagreement, youre smeared as right wing.  Having a concern with how some issues are debated doesn't make people of the right. Also I didn't vote to leave but there was a left wing view on leaving the EU.  I know green members that voted leave in the spirit of Tony Benn etc.  

Remember when we used to be taught 80 % of communication was non-verbal (non literal).  Now folk condemn others they've never met or spoken to as right wing monsters/snowflakes based on their own interpretation of mini quotes.  Absolute roasters the lot of them. 

Ps. Bet most folk are actually ok lol.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Oh man, that’s disappointing. I always thought he was one of the good guys of Scottish football.

He was and still is one of the good guys. He just had the audacity to have opinions that differed from the P&B “civic and joyous”.